Big School Sleepers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big School Sleepers

Everyone is always trying to find the small school sleeper but sometimes there are some BCS school kids who fall through the cracks and were guys who were even all conference performers in BCS conferences. Who are your big school sleepers who you think will go later than round 3 but will become good pro's? Many might be overlooked because of injury

Here are mine:

Kevin Barnes CB Maryland

Darryl Richard DT Georgia Tech

Cedric Peerman RB Virginia

Andre Brown RB NCState

Kory Sheets RB Purdue

Quan Cosby WR Texas

Richard Quinn TE North Carolina

Tyronne Greene G Auburn

Edwin Williams C Maryland

Deon Butler WR Penn State

Brandon Tate WR North Carolina

Kevin Oggletree WR Virginia

Mike Wallace WR Ole Miss

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Darcel McBath S Texas Tech
    CJ Spillman S Marshall

Comment

OP mentioned him but I am really intrigued by Mike Wallace. Two productive years in the SEC despite playing with a young, inexperienced QB. Great size/speed combo (6 ft, 199 lbs with a 4.33 40) which I expected from Jeremy Maclin and can help in the return game too.

Roy Miller is also an interesting guy with good college production and excellent measurables.

AQ Shipley and Travis Beckum are two others I think people are starting to sleep on.

Shipley is short, but he's strong, tenacious, uses good leverage and was very impressive going against big 10 competition.

Beckum is starting to become kind of a forgotten man because of his injury but I really like him as an HB prospect and think he can be a Dustin Keller/Chris Cooley type in the pros.
      10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Comment

Originally posted by Solomon View Post
        OP mentioned him but I am really intrigued by Mike Wallace. Two productive years in the SEC despite playing with a young, inexperienced QB. Great size/speed combo (6 ft, 199 lbs with a 4.33 40) which I expected from Jeremy Maclin and can help in the return game too.

Roy Miller is also an interesting guy with good college production and excellent measurables.

AQ Shipley and Travis Beckum are two others I think people are starting to sleep on.

Shipley is short, but he's strong, tenacious, uses good leverage and was very impressive going against big 10 competition.

Beckum is starting to become kind of a forgotten man because of his injury but I really like him as an HB prospect and think he can be a Dustin Keller/Chris Cooley type in the pros.
        Yup big fan of Shipley, would like to correct though Cooley hasn't been an H-back since the experiment his rookie season. He is a traditional TE.

Comment

Rulon Davis, DE/3-Tech/5-Tech, California - Love him. Love, love, love. Him, him, him.

Really my only big school sleeper that I'm high on. He's an absolute monster, but injuries... :(

Plus, how badass is the name Rulon? I mean c'mon...
          Last edited by TitanHope; 02-24-2009, 02:58 PM. Reason: Added which school he went tuh
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

DT Roy Miller

Comment

Virginia's 3 guys past Sintim are very interesting (Phillips, Peerman, Ogletree).

I like Roy Miller, and he comes from a program with a good DT pedigree.

Davis was a good choice.

No one talks about Jairus Byrd for some reason.

I like Hamlin and Scott from Clemson.

I like Otis Wiley (Mich. St.) and Chip Vaughn (Wake Forest) at safety...I also like Courtney Greene and David Bruton alot. They're not Sean Taylor safeties obviously, but I don't think this safety class is as bad as people keep saying it is.

I like Cadogan from Penn St. I think he can be a sleeper at RT, as is Gardner from GT.

Scott McKillop is a damn good LBer...

Comment

Mike Wallace could be a great get for someone, he the potential to be a great deep threat and KR like he was at Ole Miss. He has good hands too, he just needs to work on his route running.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                  Yup big fan of Shipley, would like to correct though Cooley hasn't been an H-back since the experiment his rookie season. He is a traditional TE.
                  yeah I always just assume it because he is white sorry :(

but he has def been more traditional than Tony G and Clark
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Bradley Fletcher, obviously.

Comment

conner baldwin... Big east sack leader if I am thinking correctly. Original position is TE but looked very good with hand in dirt and I think he looked pretty good at the combine.

Comment

Brian Hartline

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Staggart View Post
                          conner baldwin... Big east sack leader if I am thinking correctly. Original position is TE but looked very good with hand in dirt and I think he looked pretty good at the combine.
                          It's Barwin and yeah he definitely is intriguing although DE might not be the best fit for him.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                            It's Barwin and yeah he definitely is intriguing although DE might not be the best fit for him.
                            thanks thats my girlfriends last name... ughhh

Comment

i really like louis murphy. i think he will be one of the better wr to come out of this class. i dont know if its ok to say him in this thread because it says outside the first 3 rounds, but i guess there is a chance he falls into round 4

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information