Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local Detroit radio station reporting that Stafford is going number 1!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Local Detroit radio station reporting that Stafford is going number 1!!!!!!

    97.1 The ticket leaked this::


    -Cliffs-

    Mayhew and Lewan met with Stafford and his agent on numerous occasions...dinner...the whole nine.

    Stafford was toured around the facility and shaking hands with everyone.

    Stafford felt comfortable enough to pick up Lewan, bearhug him and say "Lets go Im ready for this".





    I dont know whether to smile or cry.


    University of Michigan

    RichRod will win the Big Ten title.....You watch.

  • #2
    There's really not much choice to it. Stafford is the only player the Lions should even consider with that pick other than maybe Sanchez. The worry that he will be a bust is the same worry Falcons fans had about Ryan a year ago. If the Lions already have some nice pieces in Calvin Johnson, Kevin Smith and hopefully Gosder Cherilus. If they follow the rules of how to handle a young QB, there's no reason Stafford can't be a very good NFL starter.
    Last edited by Halsey; 02-25-2009, 01:25 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      They also took Mark Sanchez to lunch and have had meetings with Aaron Curry and Jason Smith I believe. The Lions would be stupid to go public with their decision this early, or to even make a decision this early. They owe it to themselves to examine this process as in-depth and patiently as possible.

      big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
      - For daily NFL draft coverage:
      www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

      Comment


      • #4
        I totally believe this....

        In other news, Oakland releases JaMarcus Russell and Darren McFadden.


        "Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
          They also took Mark Sanchez to lunch and have had meetings with Aaron Curry and Jason Smith I believe. The Lions would be stupid to go public with their decision this early, or to even make a decision this early. They owe it to themselves to examine this process as in-depth and patiently as possible.
          Ya, there doing the same thing with three other players.

          To me, Jason Smith or Aaron Curry is the Lions pick.

          Comment


          • #6
            I read all the same stuff you cited just now.

            I don't think it confirms anything. He hasn't even had his Pro Day, haha.
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
              I read all the same stuff you cited just now.

              I don't think it confirms anything. He hasn't even had his Pro Day, haha.
              What? Didn't you hear? Stafford listened to that radio show and cancelled his pro day citing "uh.. no point now, dudes."


              When being a fanboi goes too far.

              Comment


              • #8
                In the OPs defense, Stafford's pro day is probably just a formality and really doesn't matter at all. He's already checked out medically at the combine and has three years of film- the Lions decision on MS will be based on this- not how he looks throwing without pads against an invisible defense.

                It's not like he forgot how to throw a football. lol

                I don't think they've made their final decision (why would they at this point?), but those are some telling signs.

                I would be extremely surprised if they went with anyone else at #1 and hope they can reach a deal before the draft so we'd have a 2009 draft contract to start with in the negotiations of these crazy rookie contracts.
                "I'm Ko Simpson!"

                - Ko Simpson

                Comment


                • #9
                  well it's a no brainer if they don't trade for a guy like matt cassel then they'll take stafford. easiest #1 pick to predict in a long time.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    As long as Aaron Curry is there at #3 they can take who ever they want.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      if we look at the draft not about "who is the best player" but rather "who is the least risky player" then Matt Stafford doesn't even get close to 1 overall.
                      my shoes hurt

                      Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bitonti View Post
                        if we look at the draft not about "who is the best player" but rather "who is the least risky player" then Matt Stafford doesn't even get close to 1 overall.
                        I'n not sure scared is a way to draft....particularly if you don't have a QB.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by PossumBoy9 View Post
                          I'n not sure scared is a way to draft....particularly if you don't have a QB.
                          This. If you draft high floor, low ceiling guys all the time, you're gonna have a mediocre team. At some point, you've gotta take risks that could put you over the top.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            As I have said before the Seattle Seahawks had three Pro Bowl-quality linebackers last year in Julian Peterson, Lofa Tatupu and Leroy Hill yet they only won four games. As much as I love Aaron Curry you can't take him #1 overall when Daunte Culpepper is your starting quarterback.

                            You can make a case for a left tackle but take a look at the best teams in the league last year and tell me how many of them had a stud blindside protector.
                            Scott Wright, President
                            Draft Countdown.com
                            www.draftcountdown.com

                            Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

                            Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                            www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                              As I have said before the Seattle Seahawks had three Pro Bowl-quality linebackers last year in Julian Peterson, Lofa Tatupu and Leroy Hill yet they only won four games. As much as I love Aaron Curry you can't take him #1 overall when Daunte Culpepper is your starting quarterback.

                              You can make a case for a left tackle but take a look at the best teams in the league last year and tell me how many of them had a stud blindside protector.
                              Just keep repeating this, Scott. The reasoning is sound.
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.
                              "I am the one who knocks!"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information