Chase Coffman is UNDERRATED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chase Coffman is UNDERRATED

I can't even believe some people don't even have Coffman on their list of top 5 Tight Ends. He is arguably the best TE in this draft. He's going to be a stud in the NFL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv6ORtqmEpY

I mean, the greatest hands I've ever seen and great ball skills. His speed is underrated, most people think he's a high 4.8- low 4.9 guy....I think he runs in the low 4.7s.

Why is he getting no love?

Mainly because he's been hurt. I like Chase and think he'd be a matchup nightmare for DBs and LBs but the foot injury drops him down. If he can run by draft day i think he could get a 2nd round call.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
      Mainly because he's been hurt. I like Chase and think he'd be a matchup nightmare for DBs and LBs but the foot injury drops him down. If he can run by draft day i think he could get a 2nd round call.
      He says he is running at Missouri's pro day.

Comment

I am a huge fan of Coffman. I would have made a thread like this sooner rather than later. I guess it is because of his injury. He will be a stud.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
          I can't even believe some people don't even have Coffman on their list of top 5 Tight Ends. He is arguably the best TE in this draft. He's going to be a stud in the NFL.

I mean, the greatest hands I've ever seen and great ball skills. His speed is underrated, most people think he's a high 4.8- low 4.9 guy....I think he runs in the low 4.7s.

I am a huge Missouri fan, but this is not unexpected. Out of sight, out of mind. He has done nothing this offseason and has been injured for signifigant parts of the last 2 seasons.

Those are all good reasons why he is rated where he is currently. It is key to remember the game tapes importance in evaluating him... He has 4 years of excellent tape and I think most GM's have enough informaton on him to give him a rating without the combine.

GM's know he has elite hands, size, and body control. I don't think you have to worry about him having his name called earlier than the "experts" think IF he checks out Medically.
          Last edited by jnew76; 02-26-2009, 04:53 PM.

Comment

I mean, the greatest hands I've ever seen.
            I like the kid but that is pushing it.

Comment

I like Chase alot. I just want to see how he tests. But that foot injury does concern me.
              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I have him at around 3-5 anywhere in there but no way is he better than Pettigrew. Pettigrew is a superior blocker and has just as good if not better hands, Coffman definitely can stretch the field better but if you are looking at the whole picture Pettigrew is the far superior complete tight end and I do also prefer Jared Cook and Shawn Nelson to him as they have the tools to be much better all around Tight ends. Coffman is right there in the mix for me with fellow receiving tight ends like Travis Beckum and James Casey. Coffman and Beckum are both hurt by injuries.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

1. Chase Coffman | Missouri
                  2. Brandon Pettigrew | Oklahoma State
                  3. Jared Cook | South Carolina*
                  4. Shawn Nelson | Southern Miss
                  5. Travis Beckum | Wisconsin

#1, hells yes

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

travis beckum is so flying under the radar right now.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Originally posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
                      travis beckum is so flying under the radar right now.
                      Is that surprising??? He was injured the whole year and can't work out yet, and on gamefilm alone he was too one dimensional much like Coffman so it's not surprising he is flying under the radar, but honestly I like him more than Dustin Keller.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

I mean, the greatest hands I've ever seen and great ball skills.
                        What about Holt and Bruce holt_bruce?

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                          What about Holt and Bruce holt_bruce?

I'll stand by my statement.

Comment

He's a hell of a TE. I love him. He reminds me a bit of Dallas Clark minus some athleticism. I'm surprised he's predicted to go so low, but someone's going to get a steal.

BoneKrusher

Comment

He's a great receiving TE but he's not a full package like Pettigrew. Then you factor in his injury history and I think it scares some away. I also think theirs teams who see how he plays and don't think he'll be able to transfer it to the NFL and his slow 40 time doesn't help. Not participating at the combine didn't bump his stock up any either. Then you factor in Pettigrew, Cook, Ingram, and Nelson all in the same draft with him those are some tought TEs. He's def worth a 2nd round pick in my mind though. If a team could develop his blocking skills and have a QB who can throw he could be a huge star. Where ever he goes I know he'll end up getting playing time thats for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information