B.J Raji is he worth the #2 pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.J Raji is he worth the #2 pick?

I don't think anyone has him going to the Rams. And although he wouldn't be in my top 3 Rams potential Draftees list....He wouldn't be a bad pick at all.

Chris Long, B.J Raji, Adam Carriker, Leonard Little and Clifton Ryan as your 3rd DT. That has the makings of being a very very good Defensive Line. Spags had a ton of success in New York and one of the main reasons was because of a great Defensive Line.

Just last year the Rams almost selected Glenn Dorsey (it went down to the wire between him and Chris Long) So just saying, if Raji is worth the #2 overall pick. I think you got to look at the Rams as a possible destination.

Simply put, no.

Comment

Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
      Simply put, no.
      He's worth it to me. Look at the demand in the league for DTs like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
        He's worth it to me. Look at the demand in the league for DTs like him.
        I bet that is what they were saying about Dewayne Robertson, Gerrard Warren. I just personally have this anti-DT thing for top 10 DT's.

Comment

With some intelligence, durability, and motor issues, I would still hold off a bit if I were the Rams. I'm not so sure they look DT with the sheer number of holes elsewhere.

Follow Me on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

He's worth it. He's the one prospect other than Curry who's been consistently great throughout the year and throughout the draft process. However, he's a bad pick for the Rams. Spags got the job done with 3rd and 4th round DTs. They were good prospects through their respective draft processes, but you can find guys like them in those rounds consistently most years, including this year.

The Rams have too many other needs to spend early picks on DT. They have some built-in versatility along the DL...

I think the Rams' pick depends largely on Crabtree's workout. If he blows, they'll roll with an OT or Curry. My money would be on an OT. Stafford is also an option if the Lions pass.
            ________
            Volcano vaporizer
            Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Absolutely not.

Aaron Curry is though, but not BJ Rajii, he'd be a big reach.
              | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
                Absolutely not.

Aaron Curry is though, but not BJ Rajii, he'd be a big reach.
                +1
                Raji isn't gonna be a top 5 pick.

Comment

Rams have so many holes they really cant go wrong. They have the easiest pick of anyone, they can justify just about any player.

I don't like Raji at 2, I think there are better players available there and that they are already solid enough along the line. Still need guys behind them.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

I don't like Curry for them either for some reason. Just seems like a waste. They have to go either OT, Crabs, or Stafford with that pick.
                    ________
                    Web shows
                    Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:56 AM.

Comment

I don't think he is, although if you aren't going to find someone comparable later maybe you do it anyway. But the Rams have too many other needs and too much money tied into the line already to reach like that.

Comment

DTs usually take a few years to develop. I'm against taking them that high.

Comment

I dont think you use that many high picks (and money) on the defensive line.

I think the pick is Curry or an O-lineman. Would probably make sense to trade down if there were any takers but if Stafford isnt there i dont know who would be trading up.

Comment

No need, the Rams already drafted Jimmy Kennedy.
                            SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

If they want to switch to a 3-4 they'd have a great DL.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information