Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derrick Williams

Does anyone else think he is a bum...
    His production at Penn State was mediocre at best, while two other receivers Outshined him his whole time there..
    His supposed greatest asset is not really an asset, as he is really not that fast, and he's just a smooth runner, not a particularly explosive guy with a second gear.
    His size is okay, and he's not a superb route runner...
    rep me if you agree
    discuss

Sniper loves you...

I agree though.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Originally posted by 635 View Post
      rep me if you agree
      LOL, you know saying this will just make people give you negative rep, right?

Comment

Does anyone else think he is a bum...
        His production at Penn State was mediocre at best, while two other receivers Outshined him his whole time there..
        His supposed greatest asset is not really an asset, as he is really not that fast, and he's just a smooth runner, not a particularly explosive guy with a second gear.
        His size is okay, and he's not a superb route runner...
        rep me if you agree
        discuss
        Wow. I'm disappointed in myself for putting you back up to 0. I would've never done it if I had known you'd be a rep begger.
        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
        RIP themaninblack

Comment

He's a terrible route runner. He shouldn't be a day 1 pick.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
            Wow. I'm disappointed in myself for putting you back up to 0. I would've never done it if I had known you'd be a rep begger.
            Im not a rep begger, just slipped it in there to see who would notice

But I had always thought he was a bum, and then I read Sniper's work of genius a minute ago in the Scouting report section, and It got me to wondering, what the hell do people see in this guy
            Last edited by 635; 02-28-2009, 06:36 PM.

Comment

I've never been that much of a Penn State player fan but how in hell did he run a 4.58 at the combine? that is almost impossible to fathom.

Comment

i really thought of him as a poor mans eddie royal, now its like a moneyless mans eddie royal

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                  I've never been that much of a Penn State player fan but how in hell did he run a 4.58 at the combine? that is almost impossible to fathom.
                  Derrick Williams had the flu at the Combine and was advised not to run by his agent, but decided that he wanted to compete with the other wide receivers. It's pretty well documented. I'm betting he runs A LOT better at his Pro Day once he's feeling better. Also, I don't think that time really hurts him much because teams respect that he's going to go out there even when he's not 100% and give it his best shot. He was impressive in the Senior Bowl as well and that will help him. I see him as a late second round value and he could go there with a good Pro Day but right now I think he's a third round pick in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                    Derrick Williams had the flu at the Combine and was advised not to run by his agent, but decided that he wanted to compete with the other wide receivers. It's pretty well documented. I'm betting he runs A LOT better at his Pro Day once he's feeling better. Also, I don't think that time really hurts him much because teams respect that he's going to go out there even when he's not 100% and give it his best shot. He was impressive in the Senior Bowl as well and that will help him. I see him as a late second round value and he could go there with a good Pro Day but right now I think he's a third round pick in the draft.
                    whoah did not know this, wow. do you think he could break 4.4s?

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                      YEa its well documented, just as was his sorriness and lack of explosiveness during college.

Comment

YEa its well documented, just as was his sorriness and lack of explosiveness during college.
                        im sorry, but he was pretty explosive, watch gametape, the bowl game against tenessee 2 years ago, dont tell me he wasnt explosive. toughness is a good thing to have as a slot reciever as well.

Comment

I expect him to run a 4.45 or lower at his Pro Day assuming he's 100% and I think most other people would tend to agree with me. 4.50 would be acceptable, a repeat of the Combine would hurt him.

Comment

im sorry, but he was pretty explosive, watch gametape, the bowl game against tenessee 2 years ago, dont tell me he wasnt explosive. toughness is a good thing to have as a slot reciever as well.
                            I have watched Derrick Williams' games, and he is not "explosive"..He probably has 4.45-4.47 speed when he is healthy, but he is not a guy who blows by and has great acceleration (the two components of the term explosive). Rather he's a guy who is a smooth runner and can get in and out of his cuts while making defenders miss (in open space on returns, not so much on catches where he is covered)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qptg19L0dkM

Comment

He is an athlete more than a true receiver. Had the flu at the combine, so will give him a pass. I expect around a 4.55 at the pro day. He is more smooth and shifty than explosive. I have never seen him as a first day prospect. I think he is at best a 3rd rounder if a team really likes him, and I would not consider him until the 4th. His versatility and ball skills make him intrigueing.

As a caveat, I always thought he should have played safety at PSU... I think he would have been in the 1rst round mix as a safety and an NFL team with patience could still put him in position to succeed on the defensive side of the ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information