Spencer Adkins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spencer Adkins

Ran a 4.4 and put up 30 reps of 225 at the Pro Day yesterday. A former HS DE, moved to a traditional linebacker spot at Miami, he struggled, moved inside as a blitzing middle backer / DPR and had some moderate success as a role player.

He is as raw as raw gets. He moved around a lot and never settled in. Pretty poor in coverage. With that said, I'd still be interested in NFL coaches getting a hold of Atkins and seeing if they can coach him up and put him into a position to succeed. He has a good amount of potential. Smart kid too, well spoken guy.

This post is probably irrelevant, but I thought it was worth noting a potential undrafted sleeper from a major program.

He opened up some eyes today but I dont think he has the skills to be a starter in the NFL. I think he could be a good back up though.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

He is a supremely talented individual but there is a reason he was a special teamer.

Maybe, MAYBE some defensive guru could mold him into a player someday, but he has UDFA written all over him.

He has the raw tools to succeed though, there's no questioning that.
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

wouldn't mind the dolphins taking him late

Comment

First and foremost, LBs need innate instincts and the ability to diagnose plays when the ball snaps.

If the kid has no head for playing 'backer, I don't see where he fits on a team unless he can rush the passer.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information