X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laurinaitis VS Maualuga

James Laurinaitis Ohio St. 6017 244 4.80 315/8 10 22
    Rey Maualuga USC 6016 249 4.82 313/4 10 23

mesurable's seem to be pretty close ... rey was supposed to be like 260 .. discuss who you like better as a pro prospect... i think both with succeed and both grade out as first rounders.but i think rey had better players around him in college ..

sig by me
    Go buckeyes,steelers, cavs

PM me for jersey transfers

Originally posted by steelcrew43 View Post
    but i think rey had better players around him in college ..
    Are you trying to say Rey was only good because of the players around him? Wouldn't be harder to shine if there was better players around you?..

Comment

not a particular fan of either but I like Maualuga more in this debate.

Maybe I just havent seen enough of James yet, but I haven't been overly impressed with him.

/sig by BONEkRUSHER/

Comment

I think james is better I hate when people compare rey to ray lewis . Lewis start he plays with aggresive but its controlled I think people don't like james because he doesn't always blow people up he goes for the sure tackle and his team isn't full with future first round picks not saying that makes he weak or anything but its easier to hide flaws when ur not best player on the field. I think james will fall to the last 6 picks of the first round. And he will be great pro for the colts. But sense I see rey going to the chargers which make him look great too
        One day i will be on the nfl sideline, maybe in a helmet or a headset. but it will take me to Canton, Ohio.

Comment

Give me Maualuga.

Comment

Originally posted by steelcrew43 View Post
            James Laurinaitis Ohio St. 6017 244 4.80 315/8 10 22
            Rey Maualuga USC 6016 249 4.82 313/4 10 23

mesurable's seem to be pretty close ... rey was supposed to be like 260 .. discuss who you like better as a pro prospect... i think both with succeed and both grade out as first rounders.but i think rey had better players around him in college ..
            Luga's 40 time might be faster since he got injured running it.

Comment

Mauluga will be very productive inside a 3-4. Lauranitis is a really average, and thus overrated prospect. I wouldn't even look at him until the second round or later, but he'll probably get drafted before that and be a disappointment.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Scott McKillop for me.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by jj45 View Post
                  I think james is better I hate when people compare rey to ray lewis . Lewis start he plays with aggresive but its controlled I think people don't like james because he doesn't always blow people up he goes for the sure tackle and his team isn't full with future first round picks not saying that makes he weak or anything but its easier to hide flaws when ur not best player on the field. I think james will fall to the last 6 picks of the first round. And he will be great pro for the colts. But sense I see rey going to the chargers which make him look great too
                  Jeez.

Anyway, I'd take Rey. I like the tenacity he plays with.

RIP ST

Comment

I'll take Maualuga. I'm hoping the Lions get to snatch him up at #20. I love his aggressiveness and physicality.. Hoping he can continue to be an intimidating presence wherever he lands in the NFL.

Comment

I know it was filled with spelling errors and I wasn't really sure what he was saying but I think I agree with JJ45 on this. IMHO I think that both will do well if they are picked for the right scheme... Rey going to the chargers and playing in that 3-4 scheme will be good and he will accel... If James goes to play for the colts or the patriots or any 4-3 tampa 2 type defense were he will be called upon to drop back sometimes and not really be looked at to deliver those big hits then he will be a sure tackler and have success just like Rey the only reason I believe he has dropped so fer is because alot of the teams who run his kind of defense have late round picks.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
                      BK sig is straight sex
                      THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
                      Baltimore Ravens
                      Cleveland Cavaliers
                      Cleveland Indians
                      Chelsea FC
                      Originally posted by keylime_5
                      Miller is visual sex on the field.

Comment

I would take Maualuga first but either would be an upgrade for the Colts. I think Laurinaitis gets a bad rap because he isn't as fierce as some want him to be but he still gets the job done.

Comment

Sorry about the misspelling im always on my phone when im on this site
                          One day i will be on the nfl sideline, maybe in a helmet or a headset. but it will take me to Canton, Ohio.

Comment

Rey hands down,...it's no contest. Sure he may have to refine his game a degree,...but that's nothing that cannot be achieved with league level coaching.

Rey Maualuga ILB USC
                            Victor "Macho" Harris CB
                            A.Q Shipley C
                            Johnny Knox WR
                            Zach Potter DE
                            Sammie Lee Hill NT

Stop giving the Steelers Unger or Mack in the 1st round !

Comment

it depends on the system. Rey in a 3-4, Laurinaitis in a 4-3.
                              my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information