Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat White Talk

picked this up from rotoworld

The Steelers believe that West Virginia QB Pat White "should" go in the first round of the draft, according to beat writer Ed Bouchette.

Bouchette says the club foresees White ultimately going in round two, but this shows that White's stock has improved tremendously this offseason. He was MVP of the Senior Bowl and blew everyone away at February's Combine.
    Patriots Draft 2015
    1. CB - Marcus Peters
    2. WR - Sammie Coates
    3. RB - David Johnson
    3. DT - Angelo Blackson
    4. OG - Tre Jackson
    4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
    5. LB - Ben Heeney
    6. TE - Wes Saxton
    7. OG - Jose Matais

I can see him going late 2nd round fa sho.
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

The Steelers have always been a team that values those tweener hybrid college QBs.

Kordell Stewart, Hines Ward (played just about everything in college,) Randel El, Omar Jacobs a few years back and taking Dennis Dixon last year....so it doesn't surprise me to hear this from them. They always place value on those types.

I personally wouldn't take him earlier than the third. Will he go sooner than that? Possibly....but i think the team taking him will get a good player but possibly not a great player that a late first or 2nd round pick should still net you.

Comment

They also gave former West Virginia QB/WR Rasheed Marshall a shot after he was cut by the San Francisco 49ers.

Comment

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
          They also gave former West Virginia QB/WR Rasheed Marshall a shot after he was cut by the San Francisco 49ers.
          I remember that now....so yeah, theres another one.

If only they'd wind up with Brad Smith and Matt Jones they'd have a little monopoly going, lol.

Comment

I almost agree. Him and Slaton were supposed to be very similar in terms of speed and I think Slaton ran a mid 4.4, so I'd put White at a bit faster than his time at the combine, but I still don't know what his hands are like. If a team works him out and says he's early round two, it wouldn't surprise me, but I'm sticking to mid-to-late round two.

On a side note, teams don't flip their defense for a left-handed quarterback, do they? I mean, Dwight Freeney would still play RDE if the Colts played Matt Leinart, right? It almost makes me wonder if being a left handed quarterback is a bit of a down-played advantage, like a left-handed pitcher in baseball.

Comment

heres the link; it was from a chat

Doc_Holliday: Any player jump out at you at the NFL combine? How far up or down do you think Pat White will move REALLY? Something makes me think he will end up being a steal for some team in the 2nd round.

Ed Bouchette: I did not attend the combine, thank goodness. It's the most overrated sports event in history. It's also the only sports event that newspapers, TV and radio keep covering without being allowed to watch. It's ridiculous. Pat White, I was told, had a tremendous combine. The STeelers believe he'll go in the second round but should go in the first.

http://post-gazette.com/pg/09062/952867-66.stm

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Big Ben was recruited by some teams as a WR coming out of high school too.

I think White can make it at QB. I'd give him a shot. I'd take him over most of the other senior QBs.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by DJC View Post
                  Big Ben was recruited by some teams as a WR coming out of high school too.

I think White can make it at QB. I'd give him a shot. I'd take him over most of the other senior QBs.
                  That's because he played wide receiver up until his senior year, at which point he switched roles with the player who had been quarterback.

Comment

Pat White is the man. I expect him to become a starting QB sometime in his career and do pretty well. He probably goes late 2nd early 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
                      That's because he played wide receiver up until his senior year, at which point he switched roles with the player who had been quarterback.
                      The previous QB actually graduated and went on to play WR at a D2 college.

Comment

Pat White can play anywhere, the man is beast. I say he goes mid to late 2nd...but i wouldnt be suprised to see him go earlier if a team falls in love with him.

I actually like him at QB, what do you peeps think?

Comment

Theres no legit reason not to work him out at quarterback he is proving he has some of the tools but it all depends on who decides to take him and the opportunities that he will be presented with and how the coaching staff is able to move him along but with the potential he should be a 2nd round pick

Comment

What teams would actually take a chance on him? I don't think Miami can or will. I'm having trouble thinking of who really would take a chance on him. Maybe Carolina with their second since no other QB is jumping out here?

Follow Me on Twitter!
                            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I truly cannot see any value of him at all whatsoever. He can move out of the pocket and has above average arm but he is not fit for the pros. I cant see any team taking a chance on him and I really dont see why he would move to receiver especially with lack of height and no true experience at all at receiver. I just dont see specifically why any team would take a chance.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information