Could LeSean McCoy Become #1 RB After ProDay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could LeSean McCoy Become #1 RB After ProDay

With Wells and Moreno having mediocre combines and McCoy not participating... If McCoy ran a great 40 and an overall great pro day could he move himself into the #1 RB spot.

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
    With Wells and Moreno having mediocre combines and McCoy not participating... If McCoy ran a great 40 and an overall great pro day could he move himself into the #1 RB spot.
    Very doubtful. Don't forget Knowshon and Beanie have pro days as well.

Comment

Originally posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
      Very doubtful. Don't forget Knowshon and Beanie have pro days as well.
      Depends on just HOW successful of a proday it is and what type of back a certain team would be looking for.

Comment

He could but it is highly unlikely.
        He's my #4 back right now behind Wells, Moreno, and Brown and I feel many teams think that too....it'd take a lot to get him to move up that much.

Comment

I could see him ending up as the #2 back taken based on the team picking but I think Wells will stay #1 when all is said and done.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

His fumbling issues are a big concern right now, and you can't right that with pro-days.

Comment

if he weighs in at 212lbs and runs 4.35 like he says he can

Comment

Absolutely. It's the NFL draft guys, anything can happen. Every team has a different draft board and values players differently. That's why there's always surprises.

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty sure no one expected Donnie Avery to be the first WR taken last year. And in round two by the Rams no less.
                  Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                  RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                    Yeah I'm pretty sure no one expected Donnie Avery to be the first WR taken last year. And in round two by the Rams no less.
                    WR is a much different monster than RB though generally. Add on that there were not top talents. It could happen, but I think Wells will still go first.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

McCoy has been my #1 tailback since about November, but I think that once the draft roles around, all three runners will be pretty closely grouped together (maybe I should say four, because Donald Brown is barely behind the conventional three). Each has a distinct skill set from the other, so it's really going to come down to each team's preference.

Comment

No because the numbers from pro days are all ways inflated

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                        Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

McCoy is my #1 back but I don't see him going as the first RB off the board, he needs to just show his weight is back to normal at his pro day, I want to see him around 210 at least.

Still think he can be the best back from this class.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Simply put, no he won't be the #1 RB. There aren't many guarantees, but that is about as close to a guarantee you can get. Most teams have him as either the #3 or #4 RB available, and whether he's 3 or 4, there is too big of a gap to make up unless both Wells and Moreno have some serious injury. I really like McCoy, he's my #3a, but Donald Brown has been creeping up and might pass him in my eyes soon. Brown really is the most balanced RB, behind Moreno, and he is equally compatible with just about every offense.
                            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Wells and Moreno did not have bad combines. There is more to the combine than running the 40. Other than slower than expected 40 times, I didn't notice any other problems with either of them. They both did well in some of the other drills. Moreno showed up weighing more than expected and placed high in the 3 cone drill and shuttle times. Wells placed high in the broad jump, bench press and was as big as advertised(6'1 235). McCoy may have hurt himself more then they did by showing up under 200 lbs., even if it was partly due to being sick.
                              Last edited by Halsey; 03-04-2009, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information