Jags #8 Pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jags #8 Pick?

Jaguars are talking to Tra Thomas about signing him which doesn't give us a long term answer for OT but would give us a Answer for it right now obviously making our OT need pushed back to 2nd or 3rd round....Who do you think we'll take if Tra Thomas does become a Jag?

Thanks BoneKrusher
    IN SHAD WE TRUST

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57

This should help.

Comment

Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
      Jaguars are talking to Tra Thomas about signing him which doesn't give us a long term answer for OT but would give us a Answer for it right now obviously making our OT need pushed back to 2nd or 3rd round....Who do you think we'll take if Tra Thomas does become a Jag?

Prime candidate to trade down. Someone will probably want to get in front of the Niners and grab Mark Sanchez. Del Rio likes those USC LBs i would think and #8 is probably too high for any of them.

Comment

I like BJ Raji for the Jags at #8. They finally get a replacement for Stroud. Big John Henderson and Raji will help push the opposing RBs to the outside where their speedy LBs and DEs will be waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
          Prime candidate to trade down. Someone will probably want to get in front of the Niners and grab Mark Sanchez. Del Rio likes those USC LBs i would think and #8 is probably too high for any of them.
          lol No way do Jags take a QB that high

Thanks BoneKrusher
          IN SHAD WE TRUST

Comment

He said nothing about the Jags taking a QB he said someone will most likely be willing to trade up ahead of the niners to take a QB.
            Derrick Morgan > All

Comment

Huh? He said that the Jaguars pick would be a prime spot for someone to jump into to grab Sanchez before the 49ers.

I see Raji going to the Jaguars, having a Stroud replacement would really do wonders for that defense IMO.

Comment

How about Maclin or Crabtree? They could sure use a receiver ;) I don't see them taking a quarterback seeing that Del Rio is on the hot-seat and he need someone to make a immediate impact.

About Raji. I don't think he'll still be on the board at #8. The Seahawks, Browns, Bengals and Raiders could all use him.
                Last edited by Sveen; 03-04-2009, 02:22 PM.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

This means it's almost guaranteed that either Andre Smith or Oher falls to the Skins at 13 which I am happy about :)

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                    This means it's almost guaranteed that either Andre Smith or Oher falls to the Skins at 13 which I am happy about :)
                    What means Smith and Oher will be there for the Skins?

I doubt Smith will be there but Oher might, i would think LB might be a priority there wouldnt you say?

Comment

I wouldn't be very surprised to see them both still on the board at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                        What means Smith and Oher will be there for the Skins?

I doubt Smith will be there but Oher might, i would think LB might be a priority there wouldnt you say?
                        Yeah Oher will probably be there. The Jags could have made a possible play for either of the two tackles in the draft but shouldn't now if they land Thomas.

And the Skins do need help at OLB, particularly SAM. The only two guys that remotely intrigue me for filling that spot are Curry (hey, maybe he'll fall... i can hope :D) or Sintim (too early at 13). I don't think Malaluga has the coverage skills or speed to cover a guy like Witten.

I'm also not a fan of putting a tweener out at SAM either (Maybin, Brown, Orakpo, English). If we got Orakpo, he'd be our RDE. Or English at LDE.

Comment

Yeah Oher will probably be there. The Jags could have made a possible play for either of the two tackles in the draft but shouldn't now if they land Thomas.

And the Skins do need help at OLB, particularly SAM. The only two guys that remotely intrigue me for filling that spot are Curry (hey, maybe he'll fall... i can hope :D) or Sintim (too early at 13). I don't think Malaluga has the coverage skills or speed to cover a guy like Witten.

I'm also not a fan of putting a tweener out at SAM either (Maybin, Brown, Orakpo, English). If we got Orakpo, he'd be our RDE. Or English at LDE.

The guy you want that can cover guys like Witten is Brian Cushing it isnt Sintim who is not great in space and obviously Curry will be gone.

Comment

Don't you dare take Cushing in front of our nose... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Young Legend View Post
                              He said nothing about the Jags taking a QB he said someone will most likely be willing to trade up ahead of the niners to take a QB.
                              Sorry about that I misread

Thanks BoneKrusher
                              IN SHAD WE TRUST

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information