4) percy harvin
    5) ?

Stephen McGee?

Comment

Pat White and Stephen Mcgee

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Percy Harvin is not a wildcat QB...

this whole Wildcat thing is getting blown way out of proportion.

Suddenly Miami is expected to use a 2nd round pick on a quarterback for their other offense?

Comment

yeah, I don't get the enamoration with something that is basically like 5 plays a game where the guy takes the direct snap and runs it like 95% of the time. It's a nice wrinkle, but it's not a huge part of the playbook. Ronnie Brown and the Dolphins totally shredded the Patriots last year in that one game (didn't work at all the 2nd time they played), but other than that it hasn't been a totally big deal. Pat White can be a nice Josh Cribbs/Antwan Randle El type who can do the wildcat formation plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
            Stephen McGee?
            McGee can actually play pro-style QB.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
              Yeah, but he's supposedly a good runner too. I haven't seen much of him and I just wonder if he could be effective in a wildcat play.

And I agree with people saying the whole wildcat thing is getting overhyped.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                Yeah, but he's supposedly a good runner too. I haven't seen much of him and I just wonder if he could be effective in a wildcat play.
                He sure as hell can run but that doesnt mean he should to be lumped into the same category as Pat White.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  All the impressions I've gotten from this last season of college ball, and all of the post-season hoopla lead me to believe that Pat White can as well. That's why he's a valuable draft pick, because he'd be great as a wildcat guy, but he's also instantly a #3, who can grow into a #2 or maybe even a #1, and you can also trot him out there at WR.

I mean, Kordell Stewart was a second round pick. I see Pat White as being a similar sort of prospect, probably with higher upside.

Comment

I think the wildcat formation could evolve into a very useful package given the right personnel. If a team were ever to have moderate success passing out of the formation, it could act in a very similar way to play action.

Comment

Malcolm Jenkins, he knows what the secondary is thinking. ;)

Comment

No one should bump up prospects on their list because of wildcat potential. It's one of my pet peeves. That offense is a gimmick that won't last a full year. Teams will know exactly how to stop it next season and anyone who tries it will look stupid.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
                          All the impressions I've gotten from this last season of college ball, and all of the post-season hoopla lead me to believe that Pat White can as well. That's why he's a valuable draft pick, because he'd be great as a wildcat guy, but he's also instantly a #3, who can grow into a #2 or maybe even a #1, and you can also trot him out there at WR.

I mean, Kordell Stewart was a second round pick. I see Pat White as being a similar sort of prospect, probably with higher upside.
                          exactly...he would be great for a team like dallas or jax because they need help at reciever (white would be great in the slot as an antwan randle el type and gain valuable knowledge of defenses that he can translate to the q.b. position), a #2 q.b. (possible career #2 or potentially well groomed #1 in a few years), and somebody to potentially run the wildcat offense better than its ever been ran, he could be known as the guy that took it to the next level.

like a sick mix between antwan randle el, doug flutie and mike vick.

I have him going to jax in the third round but he could easily move up in the second to dallas...thats about as high as I see him going.

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                            No one should bump up prospects on their list because of wildcat potential.
                            disagree.

i think the ability to run the wildcat adds to pat white's, lesean mccoy's, percy harvin's and derrick williams's value.

the 2 teams that ran the wildcat the most last year (ravens, dolphins) both made the playoffs...not saying it's conclusive but i thought it should be pointed out.

Comment

Originally posted by no love View Post
                              I think the wildcat formation could evolve into a very useful package given the right personnel. If a team were ever to have moderate success passing out of the formation, it could act in a very similar way to play action.
                              pat white and vince young are the guys that can take it to the next level...vick would've been sick...maybe still could be.....

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information