Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best 3-4 Nose Tackles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best 3-4 Nose Tackles

    Outside of Raji and Brace who else can play NT in the 3-4. I heard Taylor from Michigan can but I heard he's pretty bad but who else?

  • #2
    After Raji and Brace, Chris Baker from Hampton and Sammie Lee Hill from Stillman would be guys to look at.

    Sig by Eaglez.Fan

    Comment


    • #3
      I like Taylor as a NT if he just improves his run defense. Won't ever be a starter likely, but could develop.


      Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

      Comment


      • #4
        Talyor has good bulk and strength. I'd rather have Sammie Lee though.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by boogeydown View Post
          Outside of Raji and Brace who else can play NT in the 3-4. I heard Taylor from Michigan can but I heard he's pretty bad but who else?
          I think Moala could put on some weight and play NT. He's listed at 305ish but who knows what he's capable of getting to. He's got all the tools to play 0. 4-3 is a better fit though.

          Chris Baker of Hampton is up to 326 and he's quick as hell for that size but I'm not sure he's best suited to be a 0-tech guy in a 3-4. He's probably still more of a penetrator than a clogger eating up blocks.

          T. Taylor has undeniable skill and could be a decent player despite what you've heard but he's better off as a nose in a 4-3 I think. Could probably fit in the 3-4 too I guess.

          Roy Miller is a darkhorse NT. He's around 310 but he's short, stocky, and strong. Probably more of a penetrator also, but hey- who the hell thought Jay Ratliff could play NT coming out of Auburn?

          Myron Pryor of Kentucky is another candidate, but again, he's not your typical immovable force-type lineman.

          M. Favorite of LSU is another Ratliff-NT-sleeper type. He's talented, but never put it all together for the Tigers.

          As for your traditional NTs:

          Sammie Lee Hill, Stillman
          Terrance Knighton, Temple
          Khalif Mitchell, ECU
          Dorell Scott, Clemson (probably better as 4-3 NT)
          Antonio Dixon, Miami Fl.
          Brandon Setzer, ECU
          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

          - Ko Simpson

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm assuming you want just 3-4 NTs yes? If so my list goes

            Raji
            Brace
            Chris Baker
            Terrence Knighton
            Sammie Lee Hill
            Myron Pryor
            Marlon Favorite

            All have the size you look for at the position for sure.

            I think Terrance Taylor and Roy Miller have a shot, but I think they'd better off as NT's in a 4-3.

            Comment


            • #7
              Roy Miller can definately pull it off, I can see him being a great NT in a 3-4 or 4-3 honestly...He holds own at the point of attack and can split double teams, could also depend on if the 3-4 team is running a 1 gap or 2 gap technique but I like his fit.





              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Everyone keeps mentioning Sammie Lee Hill. From what I've seen his intention isn't to be a NT. He played DE at Stillman and has continued to list himself as a DE in all of the offseason programs. Just because a guy has the "measurables" of a NT doesn't make him a good NT prospect. He does, however have those measurables so I'm sure teams may project him inside.

                The best 3-4 NT prospect IMO are Raji and Pryor. Both of those players have a more penetrating style which doesn't fit a 0 Technique but several 3-4's are using a one gap approach, which I feel they'd perform well in.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                  Everyone keeps mentioning Sammie Lee Hill. From what I've seen his intention isn't to be a NT. He played DE at Stillman and has continued to list himself as a DE in all of the offseason programs. Just because a guy has the "measurables" of a NT doesn't make him a good NT prospect. He does, however have those measurables so I'm sure teams may project him inside.

                  The best 3-4 NT prospect IMO are Raji and Pryor. Both of those players have a more penetrating style which doesn't fit a 0 Technique but several 3-4's are using a one gap approach, which I feel they'd perform well in.
                  He can list himself at RB for all I care, if an NFL team looks at him and sees him as a good 3-4 NT and wants to pay him to play there, he'll learn it. He'll do it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Terrance Taylor is so damn mediocre that it's maddening. He seriously lacks explosiveness, speed, and agility. Pretty good against the run, very little pass rush.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      what about Terrance Knighton from .....TEMPLE. Hes 330 pretty wide body guy, and he gets in the backfield, also a fat ass that just sits there. Literally he just shits there sometimes as the Rb goes by him. But on pass downs he gets there. Once in a while he gets to the rb and when he does, he comes up with a fumble.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        He can list himself at RB for all I care, if an NFL team looks at him and sees him as a good 3-4 NT and wants to pay him to play there, he'll learn it. He'll do it.
                        OBVIOUSLY. My point is that alot of people throw him into the NT mix when his style of play isn't that of a 3-4 NT.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                          what about Terrance Knighton from .....TEMPLE. Hes 330 pretty wide body guy, and he gets in the backfield, also a fat ass that just sits there. Literally he just shits there sometimes as the Rb goes by him. But on pass downs he gets there. Once in a while he gets to the rb and when he does, he comes up with a fumble.
                          If you would have checked just a few posts up.....

                          Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          I'm assuming you want just 3-4 NTs yes? If so my list goes

                          Raji
                          Brace
                          Chris Baker
                          Terrence Knighton
                          Sammie Lee Hill
                          Myron Pryor
                          Marlon Favorite
                          And seriously, I couldn't tell from your tone if you were serious about what you were saying or sarcastic....it looked like both.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            Roy Miller can definately pull it off, I can see him being a great NT in a 3-4 or 4-3 honestly...He holds own at the point of attack and can split double teams, could also depend on if the 3-4 team is running a 1 gap or 2 gap technique but I like his fit.
                            Yea, I really like Roy Miller as a NT in either scheme. Texas DT...

                            I like Terrence Taylor if a team will kick him in the butt.

                            Lee Hill is a DE in a 3-4.

                            Adrian Grady is my favorite sleeper. Kelly Gregg of the draft...
                            Last edited by SenorGato; 03-11-2009, 12:46 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                              Yea, I really like Roy Miller as a NT in either scheme. Texas DT...

                              I like Terrence Taylor if a team will kick him in the butt.

                              Lee Hill is a DE in a 3-4.

                              Adrian Grady is my favorite sleeper. Kelly Gregg of the draft...
                              This is still an ignorant statement in my opinion. Like I said in my earlier comments, if a team looks at him and sees his size and thinks he'll make a good NT, he'll play there. You do what a team is paying you to do.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information