DE Lawrence Sidbury Jr.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DE Lawrence Sidbury Jr.

Lawrence Sidbury Jr. (Richmond) is a very intriguing prospect; he is a small school guy with a great combination of size strength and speed who has been very productive.

He actually reminds me alot of Osi Umenyiora when he was a surprise 2nd round pick in 2003. Sidbury won't go that high, but he certainly could surprise people if he gets into the right system.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants had him alot higher on their draft boards than many teams despite their depth on the Dline; it could be argued they could use another pure DE and other than Osi don't have any genuine speed rushers.

what are other people's thoughts on Sidbury Jr?

I like him but the Giants have absolutely no need for another defensive lineman, Osi, Kiwi, Tuck, Tollefson (most likely cut), Alford, Cofield, Robbins, Canty, and Bernard is way more than enough.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post

He actually reminds me alot of Osi Umenyiora when he was a surprise 2nd round pick in 2003. Sidbury won't go that high, but he certainly could surprise people if he gets into the right system.
      After an excellent showing at post-season all-star games and an eyebrow raising Combine, Sidbury could easily go as high as the Mid 2nd. He may not be the biggest guy, but he is fast, has long arms, and has really impressed. I would be a bit surprised if he lasted past the Early 3rd. Don't underestimate his draft value as he could also be seen as a 3-4 OLB.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
      - For daily NFL draft coverage:
      www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

I agree to some extent; but you could have made the same argument in 2006 when they drafted Kiwanuka in the first round despite having Strahan Umenyiora and Tuck.

They could also look at him as a possible SLB

Comment

I agree to some extent; but you could have made the same argument in 2006 when they drafted Kiwanuka in the first round despite having Strahan Umenyiora and Tuck.

Yeah, but that would be an absolute clusterfuck on the defensive line, it is one thing to have depth it is another to have your back-ups better than a whole lot of other teams starting lines. I mean its great to have but still, we have other needs, and we have a limit to the amount of players we can have on the team.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

His spin move is lethal. I love this guy, and he showed off his athleticism at the combine. Check out these moves he put on the OT. I can't tell if he has an amazing spin move, or the OT sucks nuts.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

That was sick... lol

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Both those OT's have horrible technique.
                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                  Both those OT's have horrible technique.
                  Painfully slow feet, terrible hips, no strength, horrible balance...
                  Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                  Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                  I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                  Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                  iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                  Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                  I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                  Originally posted by GoRavens
                  Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

Love the guy. What more can I say? Those tackles were horrid though.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                    2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                    2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                      That is extremely true but that why he absolutely left them in the dust...that spin move is digustingly fast...even against a good OT he is going to be some mean pressure on...I just became a huge fan of this guy
                      I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

Welcome aboard the bandwagon rockio. And out of your fav prospects I like Macho, Maclin & Moore the most. Too bad Sean stayed at Mizzou another year.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                        2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                        2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

He's one of my 3 favorite 3-4 OLB prospects along with Everette Brown and Larry English.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                            Worst of all no punch.
                            Originally posted by 49erNation85
                            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Not really. Strahan was old and they knew his end was coming soon and Tuck was a nothing at that point.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information