Where Will Percy Harvin Be Drafted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Will Percy Harvin Be Drafted

How far could he fall/rise. What teams would think on taking him.

Sig by BoneKrusher
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Jets. They needs some explosive offensive player and a receiver. I could see them drafting Josh Freeman though as another possibility.
    The A-Man
    -- Die Hard Virginia Fan --

Comment

Im sure the Jets want a big wideout...not somebody like harvin..i can see harvin in either INDY or MIN
      Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
      Coples is that dude.
      Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Hopefully not on the Jets............

Comment

Not Indy. Hopefully someone takes him before #27 and doesn't tempt Polian.

Comment

Top 20 would be my guess.
            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

In my latest mock draft, I have him going in the early second round, although I definitely think a team like the Colts might take him.

Comment

He's an interesting player. He's a guy that you want to have the ball, but his injury history and character are definite drawbacks. I'd have him going to the end of the 1st/early 2nd, but given the talent level he could very well go much higher. My thing is, every year there are talented guys who bust because they can't get their ego's/attitude out of the way, and the more those guys turn into nothing but trouble, the further those guys will fall. It will be a team that can risk the risk/reward, or knows that they are getting a steal....which is the late 1st/early 2nd.

I don't want him on the Jets, i'll put that out there now. Given what the team needs, he doesn't fit the mold. I'm also not a guy who wants ego on the team, so i don't see any real match (except for gamebreaker ability, but i'd rather take a safer approach).

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

[QUOTE=The Great Jonathan Vilma;1540846]He's an interesting player. He's a guy that you want to have the ball, but his injury history and character are definite drawbacks. QUOTE]

To be honest I was unaware that Harvin had character concerns. I always thought he seemed to carry himself well. That aside I seem him going late 1st - early 2nd rd, unless an OC falls in love with his versatility.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                  Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

I think he's a perfect fit for the Patriots, they have the luxury of having 3 second round picks to address LB or other positions so Harvin would be an ideal 1st for them. The guy can do a lot of things on the field, he immediately becomes their 3rd receiver, top return man, and wildcat guy out of the backfield. Working with a weak arm QB in college i think we dont really know the potential of this guy yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                      I think he's a perfect fit for the Patriots, they have the luxury of having 3 second round picks to address LB or other positions so Harvin would be an ideal 1st for them. The guy can do a lot of things on the field, he immediately becomes their 3rd receiver, top return man, and wildcat guy out of the backfield. Working with a weak arm QB in college i think we dont really know the potential of this guy yet.
                      You're really gonna try and sneak this through, huh? :D

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                        He's an interesting player. He's a guy that you want to have the ball, but his injury history and character are definite drawbacks. QUOTE]

To be honest I was unaware that Harvin had character concerns. I always thought he seemed to carry himself well. That aside I seem him going late 1st - early 2nd rd, unless an OC falls in love with his versatility.
                        I'm with Komp. What are these character concerns you speak of (aside from coming from Florida)?

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                          You're really gonna try and sneak this through, huh? :D
                          Not like he is lying is he?

Comment

Originally posted by MarioPalmer View Post
                            Not like he is lying is he?
                            How can you even tell, it's tough to watch his games when the announcers fog up the screen with heavy breathing.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                              Not Indy. Hopefully someone takes him before #27 and doesn't tempt Polian.
                              he would be great in indy...he's a mismatch nightmare and peyton will find a way to abuse him in pre-snap adjustments.

1) he would be a very good #2 w.r. and allow gonzalez to stay in the slot.

2) he can line up at r.b. 6-10 times a game and give you guys a nice 3rd down/ change of pace back....this is where peyton can really abuse him with pre-snap reads...line him up at r.b. then motion out to w.r. or line him up at w.r. and motion him into the backfield...wherever the mismatch is peyton will find it.

3) he runs the wildcat extremely well and could give you guys some options there.

4) he can develope into an elite return guy

5) he could be a great decoy and open up things for the rest of your offense ala reggie bush....bring him in motion like a reverse and watch the middle open for the r.b.'s....flash a bubble screen and watch the secondary open up for gonzalez...teams have to respect his playmaking ability every play which makes him a perfect decoy.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information