3/12 - Podcast Mock Draft!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Wright
    started a topic 3/12 - Podcast Mock Draft!!!

3/12 - Podcast Mock Draft!!!

Hey,

Be sure to tune in for the podcast on Thursday, March 12th at 4pm eastern.

That's right, we are starting an hour early because we need the extra time!

Greg DePalma, Matt Bitonti from Draft Daddy, Colin Lindsay from the GBN Report and I will once again be doing a live mock draft. Basically we have divvied up the teams and will take turns selecting, followed by some analysis of each move. We did it a couple of times last year and it was a lot of fun so be sure to check it out.

• superman
    replied
    Originally posted by bitonti View Post
    simple question for all the know it alls on this thread

if Curry is worth the #2 pick why isn't he worth the #1 pick? hmm?

and all the so called Jets fans on this thread, do you realize Dustin Keller and James Dearth are the only TE on the roster? how is Rex Ryan Bill Callahan and Brian Schotty going to run the ball with that TE corp?
    every LITTLE position gap doesn't need to be filled in the 1st round

Leave a comment:

• Crickett
    replied
    Not a WR (WR almost never start right away). These guys are looking for starters, say what you will about Pettigrew - he's gonna start and he's not a reach.

If the Jets don't add someone either through free agency or through the draft at wide receiver, they will have Chansi Stuckey/Brad Smith/Dave Clowney as their #2/#3 wide receiver. Three guys with 735 career receiving yards combined.

Leave a comment:

• thediggler3030
    replied
    like i said this isn't about my thinking it's about what Rex Ryan and Mike T are gonna do. UP to me I'd probably go defense... but these guys want to have a run-first team and dustin keller is basically their 2WR right now. They can't put Keller out there and make him block all game, it won't work. Keller isn't a complete TE. they need a complete TE and if one is staring them in the face I don't know they pass him up.

Put it another way, who else could they take with that pick who would START day 1. Not a RB (Thomas Jones, Leon). Not a QB (clemens, ratliff). Not a WR (WR almost never start right away). These guys are looking for starters, say what you will about Pettigrew - he's gonna start and he's not a reach.
    If your standard for mocks is predicting who the team will pick rather than who you think they should pick then why didn't you take Stafford and why did you refuse to take Smith?

Those facts are really inconsistent with your reasoning for taking Pettigrew...

Nothing was worse than the Maualuga pick though. Like seriously, does that guy even pay attention to whats going on?
    Last edited by thediggler3030; 03-15-2009, 11:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• thetedginnshow
    replied
    To all the so-called draft experts in this thread: Do you realize that #2 blocking TEs exist in the later rounds of the draft?

Leave a comment:

• bitonti
    replied
    simple question for all the know it alls on this thread

if Curry is worth the #2 pick why isn't he worth the #1 pick? hmm?

and all the so called Jets fans on this thread, do you realize Dustin Keller and James Dearth are the only TE on the roster? how is Rex Ryan Bill Callahan and Brian Schotty going to run the ball with that TE corp?

Leave a comment:

• thetedginnshow
    replied
    like i said this isn't about my thinking it's about what Rex Ryan and Mike T are gonna do. UP to me I'd probably go defense... but these guys want to have a run-first team and dustin keller is basically their 2WR right now. They can't put Keller out there and make him block all game, it won't work. Keller isn't a complete TE. they need a complete TE and if one is staring them in the face I don't know they pass him up.

Put it another way, who else could they take with that pick who would START day 1. Not a RB (Thomas Jones, Leon). Not a QB (clemens, ratliff). Not a WR (WR almost never start right away). These guys are looking for starters, say what you will about Pettigrew - he's gonna start and he's not a reach.
    so you're saying they're morons :(

Leave a comment:

• shady00
    replied
    I turned it off the very second that guy picked Aaron Curry stating it was a smarter financial pick to give a OLB 30+ mil
    Last edited by Scott Wright; 03-15-2009, 02:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan_87
    replied
    10 SF - LB Rey Maulauga, USC (GregD)
    Oh man. That pick would literally ruin my day. We already have an All-Pro ILB in Patrick Willis and a solid vet in Takeo Spikes. A collossal waste of a top 10 pick. No other pick would piss me off more.

Leave a comment:

• superman
    replied
    Originally posted by Abaddon View Post
    Just now listening. Scott was pretty brutal about that Detroit pick. Sounded like it messed his whole day up.
    i think the guy was just trying to be the one to shake up the mock, not necessarily going for accuracy

Leave a comment:

• Abaddon
    replied
    Just now listening. Scott was pretty brutal about that Detroit pick. Sounded like it messed his whole day up.

Leave a comment:

• I.R Baboon
    replied
    Thank you some one else noticed it. Crabtree would never drop drop to 15 (maybe can't really say its the draft) thats way to low and by the Texans at that Andre Johnson had a terrfic year that don't need another big threat wide out.

Leave a comment:

• hagy34
    replied
    Crabtree at 15? Hmmmmm...I don't know about that one.

Leave a comment:

• superman
    replied
    Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
    stafford to seattle? not when we just paid TJ houshwantstowinnow.
    they'd take stafford.

one problem. curry won't go #1 so it won't be an issue.

Leave a comment:

• jballa838
    replied
    stafford to seattle? not when we just paid TJ houshwantstowinnow.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information