I like Michael Johnson and I'm not afraid to admit it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Michael Johnson and I'm not afraid to admit it

Okay, first off I want to say I realize that he isn't an elite prospect. He has some major question marks and I don't view him as a top 10 pick by and stretch of the imagination.
    BUT I really like him. He is freakish (and the term is thrown around too much but he is one) and though he is inconsistent, when he turns it on he turns it on BIG TIME.
    He could fit in either a 34 or 43 and with some good coaching he could really excel at either IMO. If he finds himself in a good position with a solid team, watch out.
    For what his value is right now (early 2ndish) I think he is an absolute steal. I view him as a top 20 prospect.
    MJ definitely has come down with a case of 'so over-rated that he's now underrated'. I feel like no one else on the boards like him, so I wanted to see what your opinions are.

we all have to come out sometime.

Comment

*stands up*

I like Michael Johnson, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
        Okay, first off I want to say I realize that he isn't an elite prospect. He has some major question marks and I don't view him as a top 10 pick by and stretch of the imagination.
        BUT I really like him. He is freakish (and the term is thrown around too much but he is one) and though he is inconsistent, when he turns it on he turns it on BIG TIME.
        He could fit in either a 34 or 43 and with some good coaching he could really excel at either IMO. If he finds himself in a good position with a solid team, watch out.
        For what his value is right now (early 2ndish) I think he is an absolute steal. I view him as a top 20 prospect.
        MJ definitely has come down with a case of 'so over-rated that he's now underrated'. I feel like no one else on the boards like him, so I wanted to see what your opinions are.
        +1.

It reminds me of the Mathias Kiwanuka situation. Not overly similar as prospects, but their stocks both took dives in the postseason (unjustifiably so IMO).
        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

*stands up too and joins the others*

Me three...

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

I think he can be legit with the right coaching. He is tearing it up, and lots of teams are working him out. Falcons, Redskins, Browns, Bucs included with the Bengals and Packers looking at him. He could slip into the late first still.

Follow Me on Twitter!
            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I think he'd be terrible in the 4-3, but I think he might be able to be a stud in the 3-4 if a team limited what he had to do.
              Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

I agree that in the right situation he could thrive. He was much more productive than he got credit for (9 sacks, 17.5 TFL, 46 tackles, 7 batted down passes, 3 FF, 1 Int). He had some of his best games against top competition. He is a physically unique player. With that being said, its frustrating watching the guy who shows the best first step in the draft to not explode off the ball like he's capable of.

Comment

Upon further review- everyone's a fan!

lol
                  "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

A lot of people like him, just not as a Top 10-15 pick!

Follow Me on Twitter!
                    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

*stands up*

Yup, I like Michael Johnson, but I don't want the Broncos to use their first on him unless they trade down to the later first. But I think his upside is limitless.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                      Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                      i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                      Originally posted by Job
                      NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Samuari Mike would whip him into shape.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                          A lot of people like him, just not as a Top 10-15 pick!
                          I've seen people freaking out if he's pegged at a spot even in the late first. I'd be ecstatic as a Packers fan if we had to trade up (or down from 9) for him in that range.

Comment

I like him more than most but I can see his length really being an issue for him. It's tough to keep linemen off you when they have such a big target, especially since once somebody gets a hold of him it's over.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him in the 1st round, even mid-1st. I just can't picture him up at the top because you don't give "maybes" that much guaranteed money.

Comment

I've been a fan of him for ever. I'd spend Atlanta's late first on him in a heartbeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information