Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oakland:Maclin or Crabtree

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oakland:Maclin or Crabtree

    if Raji and Orakpo are gone and both receivers are available who do they take?

    Sig by BoneKrusher
    Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.

  • #2
    I don't think you can count out Andre Smith in that equation. If Smith gets a workout by them closer to the draft and has improved his conditioning, he could easily be a top 10 pick. As for the WR's, Crabtree doesn't look like an Al Davis type to me. Davis looks for WR's who call be effective in a vertical system and won't be too enamoured by Crabtree.
    And proud of it!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
      I don't think you can count out Andre Smith in that equation. If Smith gets a workout by them closer to the draft and has improved his conditioning, he could easily be a top 10 pick. As for the WR's, Crabtree doesn't look like an Al Davis type to me. Davis looks for WR's who call be effective in a vertical system and won't be too enamoured by Crabtree.

      Completely agree... I think it is more of which lineman is available. Either A. Smith, Monroe, Raji, and I would not count out Oher. I do not think they go receiver at 7... I think they address WR in the next couple of selections.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
        I don't think you can count out Andre Smith in that equation. If Smith gets a workout by them closer to the draft and has improved his conditioning, he could easily be a top 10 pick. As for the WR's, Crabtree doesn't look like an Al Davis type to me. Davis looks for WR's who call be effective in a vertical system and won't be too enamoured by Crabtree.
        Crabtree may not have the straight line vertical speed Al usually looks for, but I don't think that necessarily discredits him from becoming a useful threat in both the short and vertical passing game. It's certainly very difficult evaluating a player coming from that TT system, however, Crabtree possesses great ball skills/body positioning as well as a high football IQ to overcome this lack of speed and succeed in most passing situations, imo.

        Comment


        • #5
          Crabtree. I think the whole "Al Davis only wants the biggest and strongest" is way overblown.

          /sig by BONEkRUSHER/

          Comment


          • #6
            Though the Khalif Barnes deal is not long-term you have to think it, if you are to narrow it down to the top likelihoods, it comes down to WR vs. B.J. Raji.

            Maclin and the fast-rising Darrius Heyward-Bey seem to fit best not only with Al Davis' tendencies on draft day, but also JaMarcus Russell's arm. Each could be potentially lethal in that scheme. That's not to say that Michael Crabtree is not a fit exactly, but he doesn't offer the speed or vertical ability of the two above. It's just natural to pair up Russell's arm with guys that can really get separation deep. Even though I do think Maclin and DHB are the superior fits, I would expect Crabtree to either be taken before the 7th pick or directly after at 8th Overall to Jacksonville.

            big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
            - For daily NFL draft coverage:
            www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

            Comment


            • #7
              Al Davis has always been a big vertical passing game believer and at his age he isnt going to change his stripes now. Maclin.

              Comment


              • #8
                My question would be... is Maclin really more intriguing to Al Davis than say Darrius Heyward-Bey. As far as measurables go, there is no one in this draft that even comes close to Heyward-Bey's freakishness.

                Most guys his size don't come close to that sort of elite speed and athleticism. When is the last time a guy who was 6'2" and 212 lbs ran a 4.3 forty?

                He basically has Darren McFadden size/speed combo.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'd say Andre Smith, if I have to choose one of the receivers I'd say Maclin because of his speed (which we all know Al Davis loves).



                  Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Crabtree didn't even run a 40; If Al passed on Calvin Johnson and brought back Javon Walker for another season, I don't think anyone can predict his movements when it comes to WRs.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                      Crabtree didn't even run a 40; If Al passed on Calvin Johnson and brought back Javon Walker for another season, I don't think anyone can predict his movements when it comes to WRs.
                      Lawlz, touche.
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

                      “We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                        I'd say Andre Smith, if I have to choose one of the receivers I'd say Maclin because of his speed (which we all know Al Davis loves).
                        Where position is A.Smith playing Cause ether Henderson or Barnes will be playing LT and the loser will play RT.

                        The Raiders signed Barnes so they wouldn't have to draft a LT early on in the draft.

                        but to the question ill go with Crabtree al davis loves big name players.Raiders have enough Speed at WR with Higgins 4.42,Chaz 4.38,Arman Shields 4.44 they need a good possession WR they will make the difficult catches.who will go over the middle.
                        Derrick Morgan > All

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          OT in the 1st isnt going to happen after we signed Barnes.

                          I would prefer Crabtree since he is a natural WR. Maclin seems like Reggie Bush to me. He doesnt run good routes but is great on screen passes and deep passes.

                          Right now give me Crabtree and our offence could be good this year. If we go Maclin it will take a year or 2 before he becomes a good WR


                          "Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                          @SirStackAlot707

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Has no one noticed that a few reports said that, as part of the Barnes deal, they promised not to draft an offensive tackle in April?

                            Even if that report is bunk, offensive tackle is certainly off the table for the first round. So that leaves a wideout or a defensive lineman or maybe Malcolm Jenkins as a safety (unlikely, but I thought I throw it out there).

                            If it's between Maclin and Crabtree, the truth is that we won't know who has the upper hand until Oakland picks. You can point to all sort of drafts trends from Oakland as a indicator for one or the other and in my own tally, they are about even in which of those trends they would fulfill.

                            My gut, however, says Maclin.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                              Has no one noticed that a few reports said that, as part of the Barnes deal, they promised not to draft an offensive tackle in April?

                              Even if that report is bunk, offensive tackle is certainly off the table for the first round. So that leaves a wideout or a defensive lineman or maybe Malcolm Jenkins as a safety (unlikely, but I thought I throw it out there).

                              If it's between Maclin and Crabtree, the truth is that we won't know who has the upper hand until Oakland picks. You can point to all sort of drafts trends from Oakland as a indicator for one or the other and in my own tally, they are about even in which of those trends they would fulfill.

                              My gut, however, says Maclin.

                              What? that means oakland can't even think OT in any round. DHB is the pick

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information