Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft magazines?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Draft magazines?

    Hopefully this isn't against any rules, but has anyone here gotten any draft magazines this year? If so, how are they? I'm still waiting for Pro Football Weekly's draft book but I don't think it's out yet.

  • #2
    I got my mag yesterday. Lindy's draft guide.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Buc Baller12 View Post
      I got my mag yesterday. Lindy's draft guide.
      How does it look? I might get one to tide me over until the PFW book comes out.

      Comment


      • #4
        It's all right. They gave a good analysis on each of the prospects at each position and a pro comparison. Sleeper and bust prospects plus each teams needs and analysis. But some of the analysis of the teams can be accurate because I think the mag was already created before free agency and trades. For example it says Cassell is still on the pats and the bucs haven't signed Ward yet. I'm not interested in the mocks i am more interested in the prospect analysis strengths and weaknesses.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Buc Baller12 View Post
          It's all right. They gave a good analysis on each of the prospects at each position and a pro comparison. Sleeper and bust prospects plus each teams needs and analysis. But some of the analysis of the teams can be accurate because I think the mag was already created before free agency and trades. For example it says Cassell is still on the pats and the bucs haven't signed Ward yet. I'm not interested in the mocks i am more interested in the prospect analysis strengths and weaknesses.
          Agreed. Is the analysis pretty good though, or not really?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
            Agreed. Is the analysis pretty good though, or not really?
            They give a better and well thought analysis on the top prospects at each position ( Ex Stafford and Crabtree) but the later prospects I think they could a better job. This is the 2nd straight year I've bought the magazine. I use different sources and opinions cause I gotta make my annual big board.

            Comment


            • #7
              I got two yesterday, the only two out. They're okay. There are a few flaws like Raji being ranked number 2. One had Alex Mack ranked 4th among Centers. I like to get the mags that have the combine factored in.


              Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
                I got two yesterday, the only two out. They're okay. There are a few flaws like Raji being ranked number 2. One had Alex Mack ranked 4th among Centers. I like to get the mags that have the combine factored in.
                I'm pretty sure with Lindy's they include the combine results. They don't have FA and trades factored in yet. Um so the mock draft can be inaccurate.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Has anyone ever bought Mel Kiper's draft guide? I think that'd be pretty neat.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've got the Lindy's one. It's pretty decent. It's the only one I've seen on book shelves.
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                      Has anyone ever bought Mel Kiper's draft guide? I think that'd be pretty neat.
                      It cost more than 20 bucks I think.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                        Has anyone ever bought Mel Kiper's draft guide? I think that'd be pretty neat.
                        I used to have the 1997 copy. It was called the Mel Kiper Blue Book. It was fantastic at the time... Easily the best reference for anyone not employed by an NFL team. It was about 200 pages, paperback, with black and white photos. It had great in depth write-ups on about the top 100 prospects. Around 350 total prospects with at least a paragraph on all of them. In depth look at team needs and rosters. Excellent sleeper and small school prospects section. The main problem was that it was written and published pre-combine (I think) and access to those times and numbers was very limited. I think he ended up profiling 85-90% of the players drafted which is very good IMO. No doubt he is the king.

                        Wish I still had it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Pro football Weekly is out. I got it last week. Got some interesting scouting with upside/downside. For instance it says Harvin is "not a likable personality and rubs teammates the wrong way" News to me. Has Nicks #9 WR and a likely 2nd or 3rd draft pick. Has Cadogan as the #6 OT, Bryd as the #2 CB and McBath as the #4 S.

                          Originally posted by borg9
                          Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I like the PFW magazine too, because it has phrases and terms not often used....like when they described Beatty, they said he 'was a cake eater and played like he didn't want to get his hands dirty'

                            very telling and colorful analysis, IMO.
                            Last edited by Scott Wright; 03-16-2009, 04:58 AM.
                            Doesn't matter if it is all fat, if he can move better covered in fat, more power to him. SAINTS-TIGERS

                            WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Was PFW a magazine, though, or a book? I'm looking for the $20 book.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information