Any chance Harvin goes #8?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chance Harvin goes #8?

Let's say Bengals take Crabtree and Raiders take Maclin. Any chance Jags reach for Harvin at #8 because they need a playmaker badly at wr? Aside from that, most of Jacksonville are UF fans (I live here, I'm not included though) and our stadium isn't exactly filling up every home game these days. Bringing in Harvin could fill a need and put butts in seats. I don't think he goes this early to any other team, but I can see it in Jacksonville.

They do dip from the UF pool (Nelson and Harvey, and I believe a couple other guys on their roster)

Before anyone says no chance....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaYgG...eature=related

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Its a possibility but he would be a big reach there.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

First, I'll say (and I said it another thread) that I have a feeling that Harvin is far higher on teams' draft boards than he is with draftniks and that he's not gonna last more than the top half of the first round. Jags WR coach Todd Monken and GM Gene Smith are both enamored with Harvin's talent. I'm all for drafting him with the #8 pick.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
          lmao. After watching that, I do think there is a chance.

Comment

i agree with him being higher on real scouts board. and i'm actually making my 1st mock ever and that is just how it is working out and it's making more and more sense the more i think about it. being in jax, it prob makes even more sense to me though.

Comment

maybe if Shack was still making the calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiased View Post
                maybe if Shack was still making the calls.
                Nah, Shack only likes 6'10 wide receivers that are slower than molasses running uphill in the wintertime. After the release of Matt Jones the only wideouts on the roster are Dennis Northcutt, Mike Walker, and Troy Williamson.

If the top tackles plus Crab/Maclin are gone, it's gonna come down to Raji, Harvin, or Sanchez.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                  Nah, Shack only likes 6'10 wide receivers that are slower than molasses running uphill in the wintertime. After the release of Matt Jones the only wideouts on the roster are Dennis Northcutt, Mike Walker, and Troy Williamson.

If the top tackles plus Crab/Maclin are gone, it's gonna come down to Raji, Harvin, or Sanchez.
                  True, but I meant going the local route by grabbing gators left and right. Gene seems like more of a level-headed big picture kind of guy. I hope we get Raji if we stay at #8. If Raji, Crabtree/Maclin are off the board, I hope we trade down.

Comment

Not with DHB.

Comment

Ahahahahahaha.

That's why I love the draft.
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

The best is when the Dolphins owner or coach (I forget who) announces Ginn is the pick and justifies it with "he'll be returning punts for us!" while he's being screamed at by an angry mob.

Comment

How has someone not used that footage for jokes? lol, their faces were priceless.
                          Last edited by PACKmanN; 03-17-2009, 03:15 AM.

Comment

ahaha that Ted Ginn video was awesome

That's basically the same reaction I had to Jarvis Moss on a larger scale

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                            Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                            i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                            Originally posted by Job
                            NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

did you guys hear the rumor Harvin is working out with the same injury that crabtree had to get surgery for?
                              my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information