just a quick thought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a quick thought

most agree that a lot of running backs have only so many carries in their bodies before they break down, so I've been wondering, why don't more RB's go the knowshawn moreno route and redshirt? save a year, less impact, all the good stuff
    Don't hate me because I'm a rutgers fan, hate me because I'm eagles and Yankees fan

Scarlet Knights forever, victories don't matter, we're the best in the land, cause we MADE this game!

Moreno didn't choose to redshirt. UGA had 3 other future NFL RB's playing the year Moreno redhirted, so the coaching staff decided to redshirt him instead of having another RB sharing the carries. I've never heard of a player asking to be redshirted when the team wants him to play.

Comment

They don't get that option to redshirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Buttered toast sonic View Post
        most agree that a lot of running backs have only so many carries in their bodies before they break down, so I've been wondering, why don't more RB's go the knowshawn moreno route and redshirt? save a year, less impact, all the good stuff
        You also have to take into account that college coaches want to get more out of a good RB than only two years. Mark Richt said that he really regretted having redshirted Moreno. College coaches' primary goal is winning games not preparing and conserving players for the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Buttered toast sonic View Post
          Well they need to prove themselves as football players for one thing. I think the improvement college players get from actually playing far outweighs any wear and tear they'll acquire getting that experience.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information