No announcement yet.

SLEEPER ALERT (you heard it here first)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLEEPER ALERT (you heard it here first)

Edit: You heard it here second.

Tommy Breaux, WR Towson

03/12/09 - Towson Pro day: Six different Towson seniors got a chance to show NFL scouts, first hand, what they could do Tuesday morning for Towson's fourth annual Pro Day event. Scouts from the Jets, Patriots, Saints, Eagles, and Falcons descended on Johnny Unitas Stadium looking to see which Towson football players could help their teams. The main attraction for the event was senior wide receiver Tommy Breaux, who had one of the most impressive workouts of the day. The 6-foot-8-inch wide-out recorded a 35.5 inch vertical leap and soared 11.5 feet on his broad jump which was better than anyone else's numbers on the day. But perhaps his most important recording was his time in the 40-yard dash, which he ran in 4.49 seconds. "The scouts were very impressed with Tommy," wide receivers coach Guilian Gary said. "They know he's a raw talent. He's only played in a passing system for eight or nine games in his entire career but the fact that he's come so far in such a short time since being here is pretty remarkable. The scouts saw his potential and upside and were pleasantly surprised by a lot of things." "He's been running track since he was 14 or 15 years old," Tommy Breaux Sr. said of his son. "He's always trained hard. He wasn't as gifted athletically as he is now; he's had to work harder to get better." But Breaux isn't done working out for scouts just yet; he has an individual workout with the Ravens, Panthers, and again with the Patriots later this month. - Pete Lorenz, Towerlight
    Last edited by ManOverboard; 03-19-2009, 10:44 AM.

6'7 and 200 lbs. A strong safety with a full head of steam would snap him in half.

Comment

but damn would he be usefull on fade routes with his height and vertical, damn

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
        but damn would he be usefull on fade routes with his height and vertical, damn
        Exactly, big red zone target. Played basketball at Towson as well.

Comment

can't play him at WR, too tall...His best utilization would be as a TE, if he can catch and run routes...and gain 60 pounds of muscle

Comment

Actually heard it here first:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=25024

;)

Still obviously an intriguing guy, though I agree he's got a good shot of getting snapped in half if he doesn't add some serious weight.

Comment

too bad he didnt put up much stats in his career

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                too bad he didnt put up much stats in his career
                Only played 2 years and was I believe a basketball-first player.

Comment

Originally posted by ManOverboard View Post
                  Only played 2 years and was I believe a basketball-first player.
                  he's not going to be anything in the NFL...at all..whatsoever...He is too damn tall and lanky...he will get ate up in the NFL

Comment

Who knows what could happen with the guy once he gets in an NFL training program... Could beef up and be the next Antonio Gates... He obviously has the frame...
                    ________
                    VAPORIZERINFO.COM
                    Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                      Who knows what could happen with the guy once he gets in an NFL training program... Could beef up and be the next Antonio Gates... He obviously has the frame...
                      No he doesn't have the frame to put on the necessary weight.....50-70 pounds of muscle necessary for him to play TE won't be easy to put on...

Antonio Gates had a good frame (not too tall) and already had NFL weight

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WAREhouse View Post
                          Is he even wearing shoulder pads? I can't tell.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                            Is he even wearing shoulder pads? I can't tell.
                            he is...look towards his abdomen and you'll see the bottom of the pads stickiong out

Comment

I don't know, I think those are ribs.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information