F My Draft.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F My Draft.

What was your worst memory of draft weekend? When were you the most disappointed in your team with their picks?

Mine was the 2004 draft. I really wanted Oakland to take Roethlisberger or Fitzgerald, but instead we took Gallery. I admit, I was just wanted the QB or WR because they were the flashier picks.

The year was 2004. Bengal fans weren't used to having to wait so long to draft. Finally, after hours and hours, the Bengals are on the clock. Oh my god! Steven Jackson had fallen right into their lap! Screw you Corey Dillon! We're about to get our next superstar!

But then the Bengals trade the pick to St. Louis, who then takes Steven Jackson. Ugh. This process repeats itself a few minutes later. Kevin Jones - the elusive back from Virginia Tech has fallen to us! Take him!

"With the 26th pick in the 2004 NFL Draft, the Cinicinnati Bengals select: Chris Perry, RB, Michigan."

Worst. Draft Moment. Ever.

Also last year sucked when everyone and their mother knew that New Orleans was going to trade up for Sedrick Ellis so that the Bengals wouldn't take him and they did just that.

Comment

Originally posted by MooshooGawd View Post
      Also last year sucked when everyone and their mother knew that New Orleans was going to trade up for Sedrick Ellis so that the Bengals wouldn't take him and they did just that.
      Was it really that bad? You can't go wrong with either Trojan. They're both studs. :)

Comment

Being an SC fan I really want Matt Leinart and the Raiders took Huff, I was really upset the whole day.
        Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
          Being an SC fan I really want Matt Leinart and the Raiders took Huff, I was really upset the whole day.
          I remember being a bit stunned by it all. I'll take Jamarcus now though, much better fit for our style of attack.

Comment

Originally posted by MooshooGawd View Post
            "With the 26th pick in the 2004 NFL Draft, the Cinicinnati Bengals select: Chris Perry, RB, Michigan."

Worst. Draft Moment. Ever.
            Really? Because every Bengals fan I talked to defended that pick to death, even years later.

Comment

i was really upset that the falcons took matt ryan ahead of glenn dorsey last year..
              boy was i stoned that day

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

well i was really pissed when the jets traded up for Darrell Revis, and although before i saw that Aaron Ross was old i thought Ross was still a great pick.

Well Revis is a shutdown corner who makes ridiculous 1 hand interceptions (was it in the pro bowl?) and the giants took Ross who is pretty decent, but not at all at Revis's level

Comment

I punched a hole in the wall when the Jaguars selected Matt Jones.

Comment

For the Cowboys, It is 2006 (Followed closely by 2004)
                    heres a review of our picks that year

Bobby Carpenter-Mr.Barbie Carpenter, can't produce, talks sh-t, and is held in contempt by his teammates. He is the epitome of a bust, and I can't believe that I wanted this guy to be picked. I remember looking at Scott's mock which had us taking Santonio Holmes and raging over that. Boy, I wish, we could have Santonio

Anthony fasano-Good Player, but didn't produce much for us. Goes to Miami, and starts to blossom and make plays everywhere. I was angry with the pick, and I was angry that we didn't take the time to develop him once we had him, but Martellus Bennett is a stud.

Jason Hatcher-Has been a backup the last couple years, but is not a bad player. He'll finally get his chance to prove himself this year, with Chris Canty gone, and that could show whether this pick was another waste in a forgettable draft, or the one shining light in a terrible draft.

Skyler Green-We cut him promptly after the season ended. I knew he couldn't catch at all, but damn he couldn't even return kicks with his bum ass.

Pat Watkins-Good ST player, hasn't proven himself much at Safety, and he's always hurt. I think he can be a good Free Safety however.

Montavious Stanley- Bum ass man, who has been on 5 teams in 3 years.

Pat Mcquistan-One of the ugliest human beings I've ever seen in my life, and a decent backup utility Lineman

E.J. Whitley-Couldn't hold down a roster spot as a CENTER IN THE CFL.

Comment

I was royally pissed in the 2004 draft when we took Deangelo Hall over Dunta Robinson. 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003, I was calling for Reeves head. I was even more pissed in 2005 when we took Roddy White (though I calmed on him). I was good in 2006. 2007, I hated the Jamaal Anderson pick, but loved the Blalock and Houston picks.

Owner of ScarDraft
                      Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

For New England, I've been kinda bummed out by Ben Watson and Logan Mankins. I've liked all the other recent first round picks. A lot of the time I hate their second day too, like in 2007 when they threw away like eight picks on practice squad players. The best ones were the Dillon trade, Moss trade, Vince Wilfork, and trade up for Chad Jackson (whoops!)

Comment

'05 for the Jets. We traded a first round pick for a second and Doug ******* Jolley. Then we took a ******* kicker in the second round.

To make matters worse, the kicker (Nugent) didn't really pan out, and is no longer on the roster along with Jolley and Justin Miller, our other second round pick. And none of them are really any good, certainly not worth their selections. A massive 0/3.

Comment

since following the draft hardcore:

2004: Passing on Steven Jackson. UGH!
                            2006: Barbie and Fasano Loathed every pick
                            2008: I wanted Chris Johnson soo bad, while Felix has shown he was a good pick, I'm still not completely sold.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                              Was it really that bad? You can't go wrong with either Trojan. They're both studs. :)
                              Well looking back at it it wasn't so bad. Saints got Ellis (but gave up a 3rd rounder) and the Bengals got Rivers and Pat Sims (the 3rd rounder that they would have had to give up to move up for Ellis).

But what was so bad about it was that everyone knew the Saints were going to move up to get our guy. Heck, even Scott had the trade in his final mock draft - and he never projects trades. It was just really hard to sit back and watch that unfold.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information