Conner Barwin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conner Barwin

I just heard that Conner Barwin ran a 4.47 40 today at UC Pro Day. This guy will be flyig up the charts.

pro day times = ehhhh

/sig by BONEkRUSHER/

Comment

He ran the 2nd fastest D-line 40 and what would be a top 10 including LB's at the combine, so can't see how this would improve his stock. Probably ran the same anyways just on a faster surface this time around.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

I'd be ecstatic if the Cardinals take Barwin. A late riser but amazing talent.

Comment

This is my guy. One of my favorite prospects in this draft.

I had him as a second rounder before the Scouting Combine.
          Scott Wright, President
          Draft Countdown.com
          www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
          www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by rickscott View Post
            I just heard that Conner Barwin ran a 4.47 40 today at UC Pro Day. This guy will be flyig up the charts.
            I heard Connor ran a 4.49 but close enough. All these 40 times at pro days are to be taken in context but the guy can fly for 6-3 and 255. He seems to be looked at as a 3-4 OLb but if he were to add another 10lbs of upper body he could probably play a 4-3 DE. Miami was supposedly interested and for good reason.

Comment

If Ayers is able to move all the way up into top-15 discussion, I see no reason to question Barwin in a late-first scenario. Ayers will be able to play as a 4-3 DE so I can understand that part of it, but I like Barwin's versatility just a bit more right now.

Comment

Barwin has a good motor and he's obviously got very good speed...my problem is I haven't seen him do anything at the DE position other than beat people with that speed on an outside rush and the occasional bull-rush...two factors that become much less of an advantage for him at the NFL level. He obviously has potential, but he looks more like a good all-around linebacker type than a really elite edge rusher. I think he will go around the end of the first round though.

As for the thoughts of using him at TE...that could be something you dabble around with but it's not as if he's going to be starting on both sides of the ball. He is a defensive prospect...

Comment

Originally posted by FrankGore View Post
                  Barwin has a good motor and he's obviously got very good speed...my problem is I haven't seen him do anything at the DE position other than beat people with that speed on an outside rush and the occasional bull-rush...two factors that become much less of an advantage for him at the NFL level. He obviously has potential, but he looks more like a good all-around linebacker type than a really elite edge rusher. I think he will go around the end of the first round though.

As for the thoughts of using him at TE...that could be something you dabble around with but it's not as if he's going to be starting on both sides of the ball. He is a defensive prospect...

Two things, he doesnt have much experience at DE and second he needs a little more upper body work. Based on physical ability he's right up there with Aaron Maybin and Everette Brown (maybe higher). He doesnt have the same profile as those guys though. Classic case of a guy who would probably be rated higher had he gone to a Texas or an SC.

Comment

Here's a link to a video of Connor running his 40 today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1LpOP-FpH8

Comment

Originally posted by MooshooGawd View Post
                      Here's a link to a video of Connor running his 40 today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1LpOP-FpH8
                      He looks absolutely monstrous.

He's an impressive athlete. Still, his moves are still coming along and we've seen guys that are as athletic as Barwin fail out due to lack of pass rush moves before. Hard not to be excited about his physical skills and he does play nasty.
                      Last edited by ElectricEye; 03-19-2009, 10:03 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

He seems athletic enough to play OLB in the 3-4 and 4-3. I wouldn't doubt his ability to play as a 4-3 DE, but of course, he would have to start off in a situational pass rushing role. The Raiders had their own converted TE to the position which worked out very well in last year's draft, Trevor Scott, so these type of guys could certainly provide immediate help on the line just based on their tremendous athletic ability alone. Barwin is the much superior overall prospect so the sky is the limit here, imho. I absolutely love this kid's potential.

Comment

please fins take him

just think if he AND wake turn out

that's a very scary pass rush

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                            He looks absolutely monstrous.

He's an impressive athlete. Still, his moves are still coming along and we've seen guys that are as athletic as Barwin fail out due to lack of pass rush moves before. Hard not to be exciting about his physical skills and he does play nasty.
                            That's basically how I feel. I think he could at the very least be a very good linebacker, but unless he goes somewhere that can give him a pass rush repertoire, I don't think he will be a huge force in that aspect. It's true that he's only played DE for a year, but I can't assume he will develop moves with more time at that position. It's sort of a big assumption and something that is difficult to project, so it'll be interesting to track his development.

Ultimately college ends that do nothing but run around OTs/bullrush don't generally become sack masters at the next level unless they are complete physical freaks (ie. Shawne Merriman circa roids). I sorta have the same fear about Orakpo in terms of being a pass rusher. Physical skills are a great starting point but there's a lot more to it obviously...

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                              Two things, he doesnt have much experience at DE and second he needs a little more upper body work. Based on physical ability he's right up there with Aaron Maybin and Everette Brown (maybe higher). He doesnt have the same profile as those guys though. Classic case of a guy who would probably be rated higher had he gone to a Texas or an SC.
                              You don't really believe that last sentence. He's just really raw right now that's why he's a late first round pick, if he went to a bigger school who wouldn't be any less undeveloped, unless you're implying that at Texas or SC they would've converted him to DE sooner and thus let him develop some technique.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information