Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scott: Jason Williams from Southern Illinois

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Scott: Jason Williams from Southern Illinois

    When is his scouting report coming out? What can you tell us about him?

    I'm pretty high on this guy and he's been rising up draft boards quickly over the past couple of weeks.

    Looking forward to reading it.
    Last edited by Daunte's Inferno; 04-18-2009, 03:46 PM.

  • #2
    Western not Southern Illinois...

    I really like him. He's got very good size, very good speed, and is just a football player. He is great at stripping the ball out. I really like him and I hope the Bears take him some time on Day 2.

    ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

    Comment


    • #3
      He won't be there. Williams is shooting up draft boards (IMO, based on workouts and buzz), so unless by day two you mean the third round (which is day two now, of course), then I wouldn't count on it. I wouldn't be at all surprised if a team takes him in the 2nd, especially late second.

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't see him jumping all the way to 2nd, but I would not be surprised at all to see him go at some point in round 3. He had a fantastic pro day, IIRC.

        ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

        Comment


        • #5
          I think he or TJ Lang will be the first non-Combine-invite to be drafted. Won't be surprised if they're gone by the end of the 3rd.

          Williams holds alot of value in that he has both the size, speed, and athleticism to play outside in a 4-3 and inside in a 3-4.

          Comment


          • #6
            I plan to knock his scouting report out this weekend.
            Scott Wright, President
            Draft Countdown.com
            www.draftcountdown.com

            Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

            Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
            www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

            Comment


            • #7
              Scott, how many more reports you gotta do?

              ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                Scott, how many more reports you gotta do?
                I think I have about 40 left (Ugh...).

                I am hoping to finish them all up this weekend, which may be a little ambitious.

                Then the plan is to spend Monday and Tuesday drastically re-working /finalizing my rankings.

                Just a note, all of the players in the rankings now won't be there when I finalize them.

                In fact, I'll probably be dropping about 100 of them.
                Scott Wright, President
                Draft Countdown.com
                www.draftcountdown.com

                Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

                Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

                Comment


                • #9
                  Okay, that makes sense. Cause when I was going through the rankings, there were tons of the lower guys without scouting reports, and I was thinking to myself that you would never get done in time. So, 256 picks this year, how many scouting reports you gonna have? 300+?

                  ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                    Okay, that makes sense. Cause when I was going through the rankings, there were tons of the lower guys without scouting reports, and I was thinking to myself that you would never get done in time. So, 256 picks this year, how many scouting reports you gonna have? 300+?
                    More like 350+
                    Scott Wright, President
                    Draft Countdown.com
                    www.draftcountdown.com

                    Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

                    Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                      I think I have about 40 left (Ugh...).

                      I am hoping to finish them all up this weekend, which may be a little ambitious.

                      Then the plan is to spend Monday and Tuesday drastically re-working /finalizing my rankings.

                      Just a note, all of the players in the rankings now won't be there when I finalize them.

                      In fact, I'll probably be dropping about 100 of them.
                      That is brutal. Re-ordering rankings is difficult and time-consuming.

                      Good luck Scott.

                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        that's why you're the man Scott!

                        I have no idea why that douche osuwhatever was complaining about you. Even if he doesn't like you, you still provide the best draft website for free. I could understand someone complaining if they had paid a $150 subscription and didn't like the service provided to them, but this 100% free.

                        Keep up the great work Scott! Now, lets work on that contract for NFLN next year :)

                        ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I just clicked on a few links to show my appreciation. :p

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Jason Williams reminds me of Bart Scott though Williams is probably more athletic.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                              Jason Williams reminds me of Bart Scott though Williams is probably more athletic.
                              I was thinking Thomas Howard.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information