How can the Chiefs take Curry?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can the Chiefs take Curry?

Casserly was on PTTD last night and brought up this question. They've got a bunch of LBs and you don't pay a #3 pick to sit on the bench and learn in his first year making that much $.

Base 3-4: Hali- D. Johnson- Z. Thomas- Vrabel

Who's sitting for Aaron Curry?

He also said they love Tyson Jackson. I'd imagine Pioli wants to trade down definitely, but it's unlikely he'll find a willing partner.

What to make of this? Why acquire Thomas and Vrabel if your eyes are on Curry?
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

We have been talking about this in this thread.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32676

I really don't think the Chiefs take Curry at this point but if they did he would for sure start.

Comment

Because Curry is already an upgrade over Zach Thomas? Thomas was horrible in Dallas last year. A veteran / backup presence is worth the veteran minimum for this team. Curry would start right away at any of the LB positions imo.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Considering there is so much discussion about Curry's ability to rush the passer, I think that implies that they would keep him at OLB. And given Vrabel's age, I think they would share time.

Comment

they give goodell a card with his name on it???? :D

i dont think they should take him because i think they have other more pressing needs at other positions that they should address before ILB, i would like to see them take crabs

Comment

I guess they're planning to run Pendergrast 4-3 under defense now. Where Vrabel lines up in that defense is my question. Is he a strong side linebacker or do they put him at the Predator position? If he's a predator that opens the door to put Curry at strong side. Arizona had Betrand Berry and Travis Laboy running that position last year.

Comment

Originally posted by espnhatesthe49ers View Post
              I guess they're planning to run Pendergrast 4-3 under defense now. Where Vrabel lines up in that defense is my question. Is he a strong side linebacker or do they put him at the Predator position? If he's a predator that opens the door to put Curry at strong side. Arizona had Betrand Berry and Travis Laboy running that position last year.

I think the 4-3 under scheme gives KC more versatility and more options via the draft. I don't like Tyson Jackson as a 3-4 5 tech at all. If I was going to draft him their I'd draft him around 25-30. Adam Carriker was so much more of a beast than TJ as a 5 tech prospect and Ty Warren even.
              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I'm sure they'll trade that pick if they can and probably take 50 cents on the dollar to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                  We have been talking about this in this thread.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32676

I really don't think the Chiefs take Curry at this point but if they did he would for sure start.
                  Agreed. If they take him they have start him.

Comment

Originally posted by espnhatesthe49ers View Post
                    SLB-Vrabel
                    MLB-Thomas
                    WLB-Johnson
                    RDE/Rush LB-Hali

Johnson in Dansby's spot and Thomas in Hayes' spot in comparison to Arizona. If they get Curry I'd imagine they'd rotate Hali in and out and use Vrabel at the rush linebacker spot. However since Vrabel and Thomas are only 1 or 2 year stopgaps, Curry could take over longterm at either LILB or LOLB. Thomas is clearly on the decline and has been injured a lot the past few years anyways, he might be a rotational veteran at MLB, though he certainly can be counted as a full time starter if they don't draft Curry. He gives them options if nothing else.
                    Last edited by keylime_5; 04-18-2009, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                      I think the 4-3 under scheme gives KC more versatility and more options via the draft. I don't like Tyson Jackson as a 3-4 5 tech at all. If I was going to draft him their I'd draft him around 25-30. Adam Carriker was so much more of a beast than TJ as a 5 tech prospect and Ty Warren even.
                      Exactly, they aren't running a 3-4 anymore! I think if they can drop down a bit, a real nice fit in that 4-3 Under would be Everette Brown IMO. But honestly, Curry can play any of the positions in it, and Thomas/Vrabel won't last too long.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                        Exactly, they aren't running a 3-4 anymore! I think if they can drop down a bit, a real nice fit in that 4-3 Under would be Everette Brown IMO. But honestly, Curry can play any of the positions in it, and Thomas/Vrabel won't last too long.
                        I agree. Everette Brown would be a great pick to shore up their pass rush.

But...Tamba Hali, Turk McBride, Phillip Merling, Mike Vrabel. Where do you stop?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                          I agree. Everette Brown would be a great pick to shore up their pass rush.

But...Tamba Hali, Turk McBride, Phillip Merling, Mike Vrabel. Where do you stop?
                          an honest mistake I'm guessing?

Comment

Casserly's draft record with the Texans was an absolute joke, it's this type of reasoning that led to so many bad picks for Houston. You don't completely disregard talent just because of you already have some decent players at that position, especially at LB when 2 of them are 33 and 35 respectively.

Comment

Casserly did suck as GM of Houston, but wasn't his situation in 2006 where he picked the players in that draft before he left (which is weird)? If I remember correctly he's the one who picked Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans, Houston had a good draft that year. I'm pretty sure Thomas would sit for Curry, but they'd have a rotation with Curry moving around like Shawne Merriman did his rookie year, playing ILB and OLB.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information