Possible surprise trades in the 1st round

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible surprise trades in the 1st round

I think since this draft class has about 20-25 players with a 1st round grade I can see teams such as the Dolphins, Browns, Patriots (all with two 2nd round picks) and other wild card teams moving in the teens or early twenties to pick up a player they highly covet.

Malcolm Jenkins:
    If the Saints are on the clock and Jenkins is still on the board at 14 I think the Patriots, Browns, and possibly the Phins can make a move up for the OSU standout. The Saints would love to trade down since they have 4 total picks in this draft and they can still pick up a Vontae Davis, Darius Butler, Beanie Wells later in the 1st round.

Heyward-Bey:
    Now let's say that the Jets decide to trade for Quinn or take Josh Freeman with the 17th pick. That leaves the possibility of DHB falling into the 20s. Teams that need a deep threat such as Oakland (if they decide to go defense first), possibly Jacksonville or Minnesota.

Everette Brown:
    I don't know which of the DEs will fall come draft day but my money will be on Brown. Teams desperately needing a DE might take a chance on the former Seminole. Aaron Maybin can also be a possibility.

Just throwing some ideas out there, thoughts?

P.S. Who do you guys think will drop in the 1st round?

How about all the rumors linking Washington to Mark Sanchez? If the idea that they are willing to be upwardly mobile for the kid and you pair that with the distinct possibility that Kansas City would be willing to move down for a lowered price into the 10-15 range for a chance to snag either Tyson Jackson or Everette Brown, you have a potentially huge trade.

Realistically, from what we hear of Seattle's and Cleveland's intent towards Sanchez, if the Redskins want him, they'd probably have to talk with Kansas City.

Comment

If the Browns trade Quinn, I definitely could see them trade up to pick no. 3 and pick up Sanchez.

I could also see either the Jets or Bucs trading up for Freeman.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
        How about all the rumors linking Washington to Mark Sanchez? If the idea that they are willing to be upwardly mobile for the kid and you pair that with the distinct possibility that Kansas City would be willing to move down for a lowered price into the 10-15 range for a chance to snag either Tyson Jackson or Everette Brown, you have a potentially huge trade.

Realistically, from what we hear of Seattle's and Cleveland's intent towards Sanchez, if the Redskins want him, they'd probably have to talk with Kansas City.
        But that is not much a surprise at least in my eyes.
        Same goes for Denver linking with B.J Raji.

Comment

I think the Jets will trade up for Freeman.

Trading up from the Second Round that is. Perhaps up to 20.

Comment

nice thread. and i agree with you, this might be the first year in which the patriots trade up in the first round to get someone. The three targets I could see new england trading up for...... 1. Rey Maualuga 2. Everette Brown 3. Malcolm Jenkins

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

I could see the pats trading up for Oher if he falls past the top 10.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                I could see the pats trading up for Oher if he falls past the top 10.
                dont see it. patriots have drafted just two offensive linemen in the first two rounds since 2001. soooo chances are, absolutely not lol

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Here's one I've thought of. If Chris Wells falls into the twenties the Seahawks trade up into the first round to get him.

Comment

Here's a thought....Freeman falls...and Arizona trades up to get him. Just a crazy thought, don't think the chances are too high of it happening but it would be pretty damn interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by LookItsAlDavis View Post
                      Here's a thought....Freeman falls...and Arizona trades up to get him. Just a crazy thought, don't think the chances are too high of it happening but it would be pretty damn interesting.
                      This would make sense especially if Boldin is dealt, leaving them with the two 1st round picks. But they're going to fight with the Jets and Bucs for that pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                        Here's one I've thought of. If Chris Wells falls into the twenties the Seahawks trade up into the first round to get him.
                        Does Seattle still run a WCO now that Holmgren is gone?
                        They do need a RB badly, Julius Jones and T.J Duckett?! That's laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMolecularMan View Post
                          This would make sense especially if Boldin is dealt, leaving them with the two 1st round picks. But they're going to fight with the Jets and Bucs for that pick.
                          "This makes sense"? Are you kidding me?!?! That's one of the dumbest ideas I've heard in a while. I don't know if you're aware but the Cardinals have a former Top 10 named Matt Leinart who is WAY better than Josh Freeman. Although Leinart hasn't taken hold of the starting spot, he is playing behind a future HoF QB. The Cards have zero interest in Josh Freeman let alone a team who would trade up to get him.

Arizona is a possible team to trade up. I could definitely see them trading up with the Lions to get Beanie/Knoshown and the Lions could stockpile more needed picks.

If Maclin falls into the teens, I could see Baltimore (if they don't get Boldin) trading up to get him. He could be the big play threat they need.

Also, Buffalo may want to trade its 28th pick to jump ahead of the Eagles so they can take Pettigrew.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMolecularMan View Post
                            Yeah. I'm sure Tampa would love to have Leinart though...Leinart+2nd round pick for #19?

Comment

Originally posted by LookItsAlDavis View Post
                              Yeah. I'm sure Tampa would love to have Leinart though...Leinart+2nd round pick for #19?
                              Leinart fits Arizona's offense much better than Freeman does.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information