Skins could trade to #3 before the draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skins could trade to #3 before the draft

According to SI's Peter King, Redskins owner Daniel Snyder is "beyond smitten" with USC QB Mark Sanchez and "will likely pursue him this week."
    King believes Snyder will have to give up a 2009 and 2010 first or a collection of picks this year in order to move in front of Seattle at No. 4. Chiefs GM Scott Pioli, the NFL leader in draft-day trades over the past eight years, is dying to move out of the No. 3 spot. Sanchez now looks like a near lock to go Top-5

I could see Snyder doing this. He doesn't value the draft that much and will give up picks. As a KC fan I would love this

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!

This would be a dream scenario for the Chiefs.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

I love my Skins, but Dan Snyder is a friggin idiot if he makes this deal.

Sanchez only started for one year, and isn't that much better a prospect than Colt Brennan who's already on the roster.

He definitely isn't better than Matt Leinart, who couldn't beat out Kurt Warner in Arizona, so I don't see how Cerrato or Snyder believe that Sanchez is worth 2 #1s.

Losing out on Cutler to the Bears did a major head-trip on Danny boy!!

Please, Mr. Snyder, just say no!!

Comment

Originally posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
        I love my Skins, but Dan Snyder is a friggin idiot if he makes this deal.

Sanchez only started for one year, and isn't that much better a prospect than Colt Brennan who's already on the roster.

He definitely isn't better than Matt Leinart, who couldn't beat out Kurt Warner in Arizona, so I don't see how Cerrato or Snyder believe that Sanchez is worth 2 #1s.

Losing out on Cutler to the Bears did a major head-trip on Danny boy!!

Please, Mr. Snyder, just say no!!
        I think the real question is how much better he is than Jason Campbell.

As for the Chiefs getting a 1st in 2010 would be big. With the 13th pick i think they could get themselves a pretty good LB or WR.

Comment

I heard King this morning on Sirius radio and he made it sound like they would move to 5 if Sanchez fell past the Seahawks. As a Chiefs fan I would love to see this happen but I don't even think Snyder is crazy enough to move up all the way to 3. I also think Pioli will be working like crazy to get either into the late first or early second round of this draft and any trade would include a 2nd round pick this year. Just my thoughts.

Comment

#3 in exchange for #13 and a future first? You do that in a second this year if you're the Chiefs, since none of the elite prospects on the board line up well with your needs.

Comment

I see the Redskins making a move for Sanchez, but I would see it happening for the #8 or #9 pick to get ahead of San Francisco. I just don't see them getting from 13 into the top 5.

Comment

That would be so good for the Chiefs, and so silly for the Skins. They're in compete now mode (especially with the signing of Haynesworth, and the aging team generally), and Sanchez wouldn't be even close to ready to performing at an adequate level.
                TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Originally posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
                  #3 in exchange for #13 and a future first? You do that in a second this year if you're the Chiefs, since none of the elite prospects on the board line up well with your needs.
                  The draft talent does line up because their team is all needs... But yeah I totally agree with you.

And knowing the Redskins, the Chiefs could/should get more. Another 2nd/3rd this year at least? The Skins usually trade picks like its their job.

Comment

i love draft week drama.

-i first thought..."wow, this could really shake up the top 10." but, if ya had Monroe going to KC and Sanchez going to Seattle, it really doesn't affect much. this would just put Sanchez at 3 and Monroe at 4 to the 'Hawks.

-BUT, let's just pretend this deal went down today...and let's also assume/pretend that Seattle was also in love with Sanchez. they could probably trade up with the Rams at #2 fairly easily...leaving the 'Skins sitting at #3 with nothing to do...so, the OP said Snyder was looking to trade up THIS WEEK. i hope it happens...but can't imagine anybody would be that stupid.

Comment

I fully expect Washington to go after Sanchez but unless they are sold Seattle is gonna take him or someone is trading up to 4 or even 3 then no need to do this. But Danny Boy is known for this.

I fully support this move as an Eagles fan
                      Sheldon Brown: Will deflect passes for money to feed family

Comment

If Sanchez drops to 7 raiders better trade back

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

That would be funny if he did trade up before the draft for all that, and STL pulls the trigger on Sanchez at the 2 spot before them lol...Perfect Synder move, has to make the splash, and if he wants to pay that much by all means then do it, most likely that 2010 1st rounder will be top 15 too so it's going to cost them.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

If Washington does make a move up for Sanchez what do they do with Campbell? Could he be part of a trade with the Rams or Seahawks? I doubt it would sit well with him if the Skins brought Sanchez in.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                              I think the real question is how much better he is than Jason Campbell.

As for the Chiefs getting a 1st in 2010 would be big. With the 13th pick i think they could get themselves a pretty good LB or WR.
                              If Campbell doesn't have a pro-bowl type season and get the SKins into the playoffs, he's done in DC.

This is the last year of his contract, and I can't see VinDanny signing him to a franchise QB type deal.

Moving up into the top 5 BEFORE THE DRAFT to pick Sanchez would be such an idiotic move, but the upside is maybe it would force Danny to fire Cerrato and finally hire a real GM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information