Just, explain to me please why

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just, explain to me please why

I don't understand this QB-ranking thing.

Right, so by the end of college football, everyone is unanimous, Stafford is the top guy. Then, no more games, no nothing. Senior bowl is irrelevant since the top 3 QB's are juniors, there is nothing left to evaluate but combines and pro days.

Stafford and Sanchez both do well at pro day. Sanchez's stock rises but still nobody thinks him ahead of Stafford.

Then out of nowhere everybody gets on the bandwagon for (as far as I can tell) no appearent reason. Everyone just up and gets on the Sanchez-wagon. I don't understand it. Please explain to me how the hell this happened. How in the world did Sanchez suddenly become the top QB on many people's boards AFTER all the games, pro days and the combine?

Not that I don't like Sanchez, or Stafford. But I'm just kinda weirded out by this sudden movement which seems to be completely at random.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

interviews, they finally get the chance to talk to him personally and not in a place like the combine.

Comment

See Sanchez as a Freshman thread for the reason why.
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
        interviews, they finally get the chance to talk to him personally and not in a place like the combine.
        Well by that logic Colt Brennan would have been a second-round pick... He was great in interviews. Hell Scott was in shock and awe after speaking to him.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

It's like dating. Stafford might be a little bit better looking but Sanchez has a much more attractive personality. Teams get smitten and forget this is about football not about friends.

Comment

Oh, that's easy.

He looks like the USC Trojan, and apparently that's all it takes.

Originally posted by Addict View Post
            I don't understand this QB-ranking thing.

Right, so by the end of college football, everyone is unanimous, Stafford is the top guy. Then, no more games, no nothing. Senior bowl is irrelevant since the top 3 QB's are juniors, there is nothing left to evaluate but combines and pro days.

Stafford and Sanchez both do well at pro day. Sanchez's stock rises but still nobody thinks him ahead of Stafford.

Then out of nowhere everybody gets on the bandwagon for (as far as I can tell) no appearent reason. Everyone just up and gets on the Sanchez-wagon. I don't understand it. Please explain to me how the hell this happened. How in the world did Sanchez suddenly become the top QB on many people's boards AFTER all the games, pro days and the combine?

Not that I don't like Sanchez, or Stafford. But I'm just kinda weirded out by this sudden movement which seems to be completely at random.
            Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Comment

Probably because people got tired of having a consensus number one, and wanted to do something different.
              Originally posted by 49erNation85
              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

I think of it more this way: earlier people were saying "Stafford is the absolute best quarterback", and now that some respected analysts are starting to rank Sanchez right up there with or even ahead of him, Sanchez fans are "coming out of the closet", so to speak. I think I'll probably rank Stafford #1 at QB in my final rankings but I was never sold on Stafford being on a completely different level than Sanchez is. They're definitely comparable.

Comment

Meh. I've liked Sanchez over Stafford from jump so it's nothing new for me. *shrugs*
                  The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

the gms/coaches/scouts developed a man crush on Sanchez

Look at the comments on him, one of them said like he is "oozing confidence"

Comment

A lot of it is also rumours thrown out by teams and the media. Apparently Seattle and Washington are in love with Sanchez and willing to take him in the top 5 while Detroit is still trying to persuade people that Aaron Curry may still be their pick to lower Stafford's contract number etc.

Same with Tyson Jackson, his stock is suddenly on the rise because he is a 'Pioli' guy and apparently a legit top 5 pick. If someone had Jackson at #3 in a mock two weeks ago they would have been torn to pieces.

I tend to think that a lot of the new information is just smokescreens that gets blown out of proportion with the increased media attention directly before the draft. Otherwise I totally agree, its crazy for a scouting department to change their opinion of a player dramatically in a period where almost nothing happens.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

I think this all is just a little extreme. I expect Stafford to go 1 and everything else to fall into place.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I've never had a huge crush on either one, but I will admit since the end of the year I've changed my top spot on my QB rankings. Sanchez currently reigns #1 for me because he is a more accurate passer, better decison maker under pressure, and seems to have that "IT" factor that I don't see in Stafford.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

there is a quote that I need to find that goes, "if the draft were held in June, the top three QBs would go 1-2-3" because GMs and coaches talk themselves in to thinking a guy is/might be better than what they originally thought

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I would also add the fact that Stafford has showed the off season that he isn't just a stong armed QB. He had he top score in the wonderlic and reportly blew teams away on the chalk board.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information