Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This draft breaks all the rules.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This draft breaks all the rules.

    Curry can be ranked no lower than #1 as a prospect, but I have feeling he will drop. Why? Because he is a LB, which blows up the arguement that you have to stay true to your draft board.

    Sanchez is a junior QB with one year starting. He played bad against Oregon St., yet it looks like he will go in the top 5. So much for the arguement that college QBs need 4 years of experience in order to be thought of as a blue chip prospect.

    Andre Smith will be a top 10 selection despite "intelligence/character concerns." So much for that arguement in the Goodell NFL.

    Crabtree will be drafted high without a 40 time.

    Stafford shows great physical skill but underachieved this year while showing less than good intangibles.

    Maclin played in a quirky system.

    Raji presents "weight issues."

    Throw all of these out the window this year, teams are being forced to abandon long held draft theories and will just get who they can!
    Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

    - Genius

  • #2
    Anyone else instantly think of this:

    ?


    But yes you make some valid points, this is a pretty weak class. Weakest since 05 would you guys say?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
      Curry can be ranked no lower than #1 as a prospect, but I have feeling he will drop. Why? Because he is a LB, which blows up the arguement that you have to stay true to your draft board.

      Sanchez is a junior QB with one year starting. He played bad against Oregon St., yet it looks like he will go in the top 5. So much for the arguement that college QBs need 4 years of experience in order to be thought of as a blue chip prospect.

      Andre Smith will be a top 10 selection despite "intelligence/character concerns." So much for that arguement in the Goodell NFL.

      Crabtree will be drafted high without a 40 time.

      Stafford shows great physical skill but underachieved this year while showing less than good intangibles.

      Maclin played in a quirky system.

      Raji presents "weight issues."

      Throw all of these out the window this year, teams are being forced to abandon long held draft theories and will just get who they can!
      Detroit has enough money invested into there LB corps to take Curry, thats why he isn't going #1 overall. St. Louis has a much bigger need at Tackle.

      As for Sanchez, he's not going in the top 5. And look at his career at USC after the loss to Oregon State. Don't just look at the negatives

      As for Andre Smith, watch the game tape.

      Crabtree- 40 times are overrated, like Smith, watch his game tape. He dominates.

      Maclin played in a quirky system? so does almost every other player coming out of college. Spread offenses are a common thing in College football.

      Where are Raji's weight issues? he is 337. Typical for your average Nose Tackle.

      Again, you are just looking at all the negatives, but I will agree, this is a weak draft class.

      Comment


      • #4
        Jake Long can't play LT.

        Matt Ryan throws too many interceptions.

        Jonathan Stewart missed almost half a year after toe surgery.

        Felix Jones had fewer career carries than Kevin Smith had in a single season.

        The top cornerbacks hail from Troy, Tennessee State, Kansas, South Florida, and Arizona.

        Joe Flacco is a big armed, traditional pocket QB who donned the famous blue-and-yellow winged helmet of.... Delaware?

        "Rules" are rewritten every year, and that's why every draft is more exciting than the previous one.
        I'm a state.

        Comment


        • #5
          There's never really a perfect prospect, just good ones. No one outside of maybe the top couple picks in a draft class is an absolutely complete player. You don't find a 6'5", 230 pound QB with a rocket arm, amazing accuracy, four years of starting experience and a Heisman operating out of a pro-style offense in every draft class.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
            There's never really a perfect prospect, just good ones. No one outside of maybe the top couple picks in a draft class is an absolutely complete player. You don't find a 6'5", 230 pound QB with a rocket arm, amazing accuracy, four years of starting experience and a Heisman operating out of a pro-style offense in every draft class.
            drooollzzzz.


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
              There's never really a perfect prospect, just good ones. No one outside of maybe the top couple picks in a draft class is an absolutely complete player. You don't find a 6'5", 230 pound QB with a rocket arm, amazing accuracy, four years of starting experience and a Heisman operating out of a pro-style offense in every draft class.
              Has that happened ever?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                Where are Raji's weight issues? he is 337. Typical for your average Nose Tackle.
                How many 6'2" 337 lbs 22 year olds do you know of that don't have a weight problem? It's not really natural for somebody that young to weigh that much. Most of the best NTs in the league weren't drafted at their playing weight, they grew into that with age, buffets, and long hours in the weight room. If he's 337 at 22, what's he going to be at 27? It isn't unheard of for NTs to eat themselves out of the league for a time, just look at Kris Jenkins before last year.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Burger View Post
                  Has that happened ever?
                  Peyton Manning is probably the closest to fitting that description, but he didn't win the Heisman.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                    Peyton Manning is probably the closest to fitting that description, but he didn't win the Heisman.
                    Tennessee fans know not of this "Heisman" you speak of..... :p
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
                      Curry can be ranked no lower than #1 as a prospect, but I have feeling he will drop. Why? Because he is a LB, which blows up the arguement that you have to stay true to your draft board.
                      i agree he is the #1 prospect but he wont drop that far

                      Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
                      Sanchez is a junior QB with one year starting. He played bad against Oregon St., yet it looks like he will go in the top 5. So much for the arguement that college QBs need 4 years of experience in order to be thought of as a blue chip prospect.
                      yeah cuz one bad game make him not a good QB

                      Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
                      Crabtree will be drafted high without a 40 time.
                      the 40 time is not that important. watch the film, he was an absolute beast on the field

                      Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
                      Stafford shows great physical skill but underachieved this year while showing less than good intangibles.
                      I think Stafford had way to high expectations this year.

                      Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
                      Maclin played in a quirky system.
                      so did Crabtree

                      Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
                      Raji presents "weight issues."
                      no he doesnt.. he's a NT, they are suppose to be fat

                      Sig by BK

                      “They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                        There's never really a perfect prospect, just good ones. No one outside of maybe the top couple picks in a draft class is an absolutely complete player. You don't find a 6'5", 230 pound QB with a rocket arm, amazing accuracy, four years of starting experience and a Heisman operating out of a pro-style offense in every draft class.
                        Closest to that description is Carson Palmer, but I don't beleive he started 4 years.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Burger View Post
                          Has that happened ever?
                          I think Carson Palmer started at least parts of 4 years. He would be the closest I can think of.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                            There's never really a perfect prospect, just good ones.
                            Did anyone ever find a flaw in Calvin Johnson?

                            Originally posted by Burger View Post
                            Has that happened ever?
                            Peyton Manning comes as close as possible, he simply had his Heisman stolen by Woodson.


                            The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

                            If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

                            <Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                              Peyton Manning comes as close as possible, he simply had his Heisman stolen by Woodson.
                              Absolutely not true. Woodson (bbhn) was the most dominant defensive back in college football history and led his team to a national championship.
                              I'm a state.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information