How do the Chiefs pass on Raji?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do the Chiefs pass on Raji?

The way I see it, Scott Pioli follows the Patriots model and builds the team from the trenches on out. With Raji available @ #3, I don't see how the Chiefs pass up on a nose tackle as they switch to the 3-4.

Who's going to play the "zero" for them? Tank Tyler? Dorsey?

It all starts with the nose in a 3-4 and I think the Chiefs take the best D-lineman in the draft @ 3.

Right?

Originally posted by BoltHype View Post
    The way I see it, Scott Pioli follows the Patriots model and builds the team from the trenches on out. With Raji available @ #3, I don't see how the Chiefs pass up on a nose tackle as they switch to the 3-4.

It all starts with the nose in a 3-4 and I think the Chiefs take the best D-lineman in the draft @ 3.

Right?
    they should trade down and take him or jackson

i think raji/dorsey could be as good of a combo as wilfork/seymour

Comment

Very possible. Ultimately I see KC finding some way to trade down, and then taking Tyson Jackson. Obviously now that Raji didn't fail any test, there's no reason why he can't go really early.

Wonder what's going to happen to Glenn Dorsey with this transition to the 3-4...

Comment

Originally posted by MenOfTroy View Post
        Very possible. Ultimately I see KC finding some way to trade down, and then taking Tyson Jackson. Obviously now that Raji didn't fail any test, there's no reason why he can't go really early.

Wonder what's going to happen to Glenn Dorsey with this transition to the 3-4...
        de for sure

that was being talked about before he was even drafted last yr, had he gone to a 3-4 team

Comment

Originally posted by superman View Post
          they should trade down and take him or jackson

i think raji/dorsey could be as good of a combo as wilfork/seymour
          Seymour is 6'6, Dorsey is only 6'1. Can Dorsey really play DE at that height?

Comment

By selecting someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by BoltHype View Post

Right?
              I really think that Raji is a special player. The fact they don't have a 2nd rounder I think it is a distinct possibility that Raji goes at three and really the Cheifs are the Lions of the AFC. Except they have a QB now. And they run the 3-4. So really they could go ANYWHERE and I mean it.
              Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
              oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by MenOfTroy View Post
                Seymour is 6'6, Dorsey is only 6'1. Can Dorsey really play DE at that height?
                yeah, prob will make him better at everything except batting down passes

Comment

when you take Glenn Dorsey last year you pretty much have to. I'd go Monroe like Scott and build that offensive line to be good for a long time for Matt Cassel
                  Sheldon Brown: Will deflect passes for money to feed family

Comment

I think it is all about bigger holes elsewhere for them. With the 4-3 Under defense they are running this year, Tank Tyler will be alright in that NT spot, and Dorsey can excel at the UT spot. That being said, they lack the two DE spots. In the 4-3 Under you need two very different DEs, one with bulk who does not need to rush the passer but needs to be an elite run stuffer, and one where size doesn't matter but needs to be a superior athlete. They also could slide Curry into almost any of the LB spots in the defense if they decide to go that way. This is why I think they are looking at Tyson Jackson, as he fits very well.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

no ot, no DT.Aaron Curry.that is my man crush and I will scream till my face is blue

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                        I think it is all about bigger holes elsewhere for them. With the 4-3 Under defense they are running this year, Tank Tyler will be alright in that NT spot, and Dorsey can excel at the UT spot. That being said, they lack the two DE spots. In the 4-3 Under you need two very different DEs, one with bulk who does not need to rush the passer but needs to be an elite run stuffer, and one where size doesn't matter but needs to be a superior athlete. They also could slide Curry into almost any of the LB spots in the defense if they decide to go that way. This is why I think they are looking at Tyson Jackson, as he fits very well.
                        I really like Tank (NT) & Turk (run stuffing DE). They do need to add a few pass rushers though. Lucky for them, this draft is deep as far as hybrid pass rushers go.

I really think there's almost no way the Chiefs don't trade out of that pick. Some team is going to want a player that's available at #3. Whether it's Curry, Raji, an OT, Stafford, Sanchez, or Crabtree...
                        ________
                        Republica
                        Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Why don't the Chiefs just draft Jackson, Raji and Curry and tell the rest of the NFL to **** off?
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                            Why don't the Chiefs just draft Jackson, Raji and Curry and tell the rest of the NFL to **** off?

make it so

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                              It's ridiculous they haven't done this yet. What is Pioli actually doing, anything?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information