Any tips for attending the DRAFT?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips for attending the DRAFT?

Hey I'm heading to the Draft for the first time this weekend, and was wondering if anyone had any tips to getting a ticket or must see/do things available. Thanks.

Lions better not take Stafford!

I have no experience attending the draft, but this question has been answered a lot of times here on the forums. One good suggestion is to get in line (very) early to be certain you get in. And if you stick it out both days you will get a ticket to next years draft when you leave.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

I wish I could go to the draft. :(

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
        I wish I could go to the draft. :(
        I would rather just stay home eat nachos and watch it in HD.

Comment

I'll be attending the draft with four of my buddies. I'm the only one of our group that's been in the city before so that should be pretty interesting. But for all four of us it will be the first time we will have gone to the draft.

But some quick information for you regarding a ticket.
          1. They're free.
          2. They're first come- first serve, wristband style tickets.
          3.The NFL is setting up the line on 10 pm Friday and then will start handing out wristbands at midnight.
          4. Fans with wristbands are allowed entrance in to Radio City like 2 or 2:30 pm on Saturday.

So, since they are setting up early don't expect to drop by Radio City an hour before the draft starts and expect a wristband. Get there early and wait.

As far as the city goes, I would just try and do some homework on what you want to see. I've been planning this trip since about October and if you google NYC and toursit, you're bound to get a lot of good websites that can help you out.

Oh...and from a Lion fan to another (I think).... I hope the Lions do draft Matthew Stafford.

But above all... have fun. For me this is sure to be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Comment

I know the line set-up is at 10pm on friday, but what do you think is a smart time to get in line? I am thinking around 5? Thanks for the info and input is appreciated.

Comment

Yes, boo the Eagles and Jets picks and you'll fit right in...

Comment

Originally posted by Pitt View Post
                Yes, boo the Eagles and Jets picks and you'll fit right in...
                Pretty much every pick gets boo'ed kinda lame if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by swans149 View Post
                  I know the line set-up is at 10pm on friday, but what do you think is a smart time to get in line? I am thinking around 5? Thanks for the info and input is appreciated.
                  I have never attended but I remember hearing from other members on this board that until the line is actually formed, the NFL places security around Radio City to prevent an additional line from being formed.

Personally my group is heading to ESPN Zone when we get into the city at around 7 pm and then making are way over to Radio City at 9:30 pm Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by ESimsfan87 View Post
                    I have never attended but I remember hearing from other members on this board that until the line is actually formed, the NFL places security around Radio City to prevent an additional line from being formed.

Personally my group is heading to ESPN Zone when we get into the city at around 7 pm and then making are way over to Radio City at 9:30 pm Friday.
                    If you are right about them giving out wristbands at midnight i'm just gonna go there, get wristbands, and go back home and sleep. :)
                    Peyton Manning Fanboy
                    Originally posted by Complex
                    They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

Bring a sleeping bag....pillow and plenty of coffee.....

No illegal drugs.....! haha

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                        I would rather just stay home eat nachos and watch it in HD.
                        Me too, it'd would probably be fun to go once but I enjoy watching it on TV and being on the computer so I can get multiple sources of analysis and complaining about picks with other people here.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
                          Me too, it'd would probably be fun to go once but I enjoy watching it on TV and being on the computer so I can get multiple sources of analysis and complaining about picks with other people here.
                          the thing is inside they have 4 big screen that project Espn, NFLN, team on the clock, and last prospect picked. They broadcast the audio over the radio for those people inside. Im bringing my computer and a wireless card so I get to complain too.

its real fun to see peoples reactions and be around fans from every team. plus its all people who also love the draft so there are a ton of people to talk to about it.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by swans149 View Post
                            Hey I'm heading to the Draft for the first time this weekend, and was wondering if anyone had any tips to getting a ticket or must see/do things available. Thanks.

Lions better not take Stafford!
                            Prepare to be disappointed then.
                            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                              the thing is inside they have 4 big screen that project Espn, NFLN, team on the clock, and last prospect picked. They broadcast the audio over the radio for those people inside. Im bringing my computer and a wireless card so I get to complain too.

its real fun to see peoples reactions and be around fans from every team. plus its all people who also love the draft so there are a ton of people to talk to about it.
                              You're allowed to bring in a laptop and they have wi-fi?
                              Peyton Manning Fanboy
                              Originally posted by Complex
                              They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information