Jamarcus Russell vs Strafford?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamarcus Russell vs Strafford?

I have recently read alot of articles all over this site bashing the raiders for taking Russell and not addressing other needs first. Yet Scott you are predicting Stafford should go to the Lions what the hells the diffrence?
    The Fact is the lions should use this draft to build for next years selection of a solid qb this year is deep in tackles guards and centers they have their rb and wide out they culd easily use there picks to address both line issues and and fix this ugly situation or they could create a qb controversy where one isnt needed and set the lions back 5 or 10 more years. COME ON which is it?

Strafford? who dat be son?
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

The difference is these are two VERY different prospects with two VERY different skillsets. Stafford has the experience, and intangibles, unlike Jamarcus.

Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

sorry stafford

Comment

Neither are ready or will be ready with out O-Lines?

Comment

In all honesty I see them as very simular prospects where there is alot more potential then there is actual production

Comment

Originally posted by Kid_Ego View Post
              Neither are ready or will be ready with out O-Lines?
              NO ONE WILL BE NOT JUST THESE TWO GUYS! But why pass up on getting a great prospect like Stafford for an above average LT who is not a stud like a JoeThomas
              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid_Ego View Post
                In all honesty I see them as very simular prospects where there is alot more potential then there is actual production
                They were both very prodcutive in college and have very high ceilings pal. Stafford has better udnerstanding of the game, intangibles, etc I could write 500 word essay but I will keep it simple since you like it that way pal!

Comment

What more do you want Stafford to do? He started all three years in the SEC, was very successful. He didn't have a very good O-line last year. He had solid production, has Hall of Fame potential as well, and has had more than one game in his college career, unlike Russell. I really don't think they are similar.

Also, the Lions have another first round pick. Could they pull a Falcons and draft a LT, kick Backus into guard, and have three of the five positions pretty well set? Yes.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                  https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

well the difference was that Oakland had no offensive playmakers whatsoever, Detroit has two young stars in smith and CJ, but no one to get the ball to CJ so it becomes one dimensional.

Their OL is really not horrible, LT is a concern but they could easily have one available near 20, trading up might not be a bad idea.

plus taking Jason Smith and then probably having to take Freeman wouldnt be horrible, but Freeman isnt the QB Stafford is by any means.

Comment

I guess I see it more Draft LT then draft DL use this year to build a btter Core unit. Then COme back in next years draft class where Stafford wouldnt be a top 3 qb and get a better qb. Go into this year with Culpepper and Stanton and come back next year and get a better prospect like Bradford and McCoy with a young line which could possibly have Monroe or smith at tackle and a center like unger backus at guard and the Chelios at rt a linebacking crew that would include larinitus simms and peterson and a very nice 3rd year back and a great wide out.
                      This mentality they must take Stafford is exactly how they got to where they are.
                      Einsitein said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a diffrent result"

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                        The difference is these are two VERY different prospects with two VERY different skillsets. Stafford has the experience, and intangibles, unlike Jamarcus.
                        The skillsets and the experience aren't really all that different. Stafford played snaps under center in 39 games in college, Russell took snaps in 36. Stafford has better deep ball accuracy while Russell (in college, anyway) had a better short-range game with his quicker release.

The intangibles are something I cannot attest to.

Comment

Both were judged more on potential then actual production the raiders are absolutely idiots and two years into his career Scott is using the word BUST. While now with out ever playing a nfl snap We are using words like "What more do you want Stafford to do? He started all three years in the SEC, was very successful. He didn't have a very good O-line last year. He had solid production, has Hall of Fame potential as well, and has had more than one game in his college career, unlike Russell. I really don't think they are similar.

Comment

There are three words that should never be used on a draft web site about prospects unless it refers to something besides football HALL OF FAME

Comment

Bradford and McCoy are better prospects than Stafford how?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information