Should the Lions trade up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the Lions trade up

Catchy title i know. My question is are the Lions better off packaging picks #20 and #33 and get up into the 8-10 range. Bottom line would grabbing an Andre Smith or an Aaron Curry be better than those two later picks. I think it would be.

Aaron Curry wont fall to 8. no way in hell.
    an in my opinion the Lions need as much help as possible an they could get 2 starters with the #20 an #33 instead of one at #8-10

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

You can't trade up from number 1, silly :P

In all seriousness though, if a tackle starts to slip into the late teens they should consider trading up and making sure that they get them. All depends where they have their tackles rated I guess.

Comment

Back when the rumors about Jason Smith to the Lions were circulating, I thought it would have been a good idea for both sides if the Lions picked Jason Smith and then traded up to the Jaguars' spot at 8 for Mark Sanchez.

But it seems like they're set on Stafford, and Sanchez's stock has rose since then.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
          Aaron Curry wont fall to 8. no way in hell.
          an in my opinion the Lions need as much help as possible an they could get 2 starters with the #20 an #33 instead of one at #8-10

The way the board is set up it could go:

1. Stafford
          2. J. Smith
          3. Sanchez (via trade)
          4. Monroe
          5. Crabtree
          6. Raji
          7. Maclin

I think it's possible and the Jags could probably get a USC backer at #20 and come back with a WR at #33. Just a thought.

Comment

lions should offer next years #1 overall to trade up.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
              Catchy title i know. My question is are the Lions better off packaging picks #20 and #33 and get up into the 8-10 range. Bottom line would grabbing an Andre Smith or an Aaron Curry be better than those two later picks. I think it would be.
              They would be looking at dishing out close to 50 million dollars in two rookies... I don't know if they have that kind of cap room.
              I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
              Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
              I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
              Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
              Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
              I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
              Originally posted by GoRavens
              Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                They would be looking at dishing out close to 50 million dollars in two rookies... I don't know if they have that kind of cap room.
                I doubt anyone has THAT kind of room.

Also: we have too many holes to be packaging picks.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                  I doubt anyone has THAT kind of room.

Also: we have too many holes to be packaging picks.
                  Looking at their roster... they should, because I don't know who they're paying.
                  I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                  Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                  I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                  Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                  iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                  Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                  I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                  Originally posted by GoRavens
                  Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                    Looking at their roster... they should, because I don't know who they're paying.
                    well they probably would be able to pay it, but it's an insane amount of money to shell out in a draft that doesn't have a boatload of elite talent to begin with.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

That is too much money to dump in a draft that isn't exactly loaded with top end talent. There is TONS of depth, so those 2 other 1st rounders (33 is pretty much a first rounder) could be really useful to the team.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                      Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                      i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                      Originally posted by Job
                      NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Just curious as to what the dollar amount for the 8th pick would be compared to the sum total of picks #20 and #33.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                          Just curious as to what the dollar amount for the 8th pick would be compared to the sum total of picks #20 and #33.
                          even in the best case, 20 and 33 gets you two players.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

I don't care if the Browns #1 receiver was David freakin Patten I still would take Curry.... Oh wait...

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                              lions should offer next years #1 overall to trade up.
                              That would be an epic fail considering the talent that's gonna be at the top of next year's draft.
                              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information