Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could a prospect to your team before the draft...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could a prospect to your team before the draft...

...who would it be and why?

Say you can add any prospect to your team right now, and still have all of your draft picks. Sort of like a freebie.

However, there is one catch. It cannot be a guy who plays a position Scott has for one of your team's top needs, listed here:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Team-Needs.php

Who ya got?

I think for me, without it being a WR, DB or DE, I'd pick BJ Raji to my Bears.

Aaron Curry is also veryyy tempting (as are some of the o-lineman) but he'd be our 3rd linebacker and we like jumping to nickel too much for me to be on board with that.

Raji however would step right in and instantly upgrade our NT position and hopefully take blockers away from guys like Harris and Ogun so they can make plays.

Edit: Totally missed the word "add" in the title....woops.
    Last edited by BeerBaron; 04-22-2009, 08:29 PM.

So I can't pick anyone on defense? No defensive line, no linebackers and I'm not enamored of the DBs. Jeremy Maclin to make Broncos spread offense elite.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
    Originally posted by BaLLiN72
    i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
    Originally posted by Job
    NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Aaron Curry without a doubt

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

If I could a prospect right now, that would be why we american football. :D

Seriously though, Michael Crabtree. Because whoever the Jets quarterback is, he needs someone to throw the ball to, and Jerricho Cotchery while a good receiver, proved he isn't that go to guy.

Comment

Houston Texans

Can't take a DT,S, or OLB according to the list of the team's needs.

I'd take CB Malcolm Jenkins with the freebie.

Then hopefully the Texans could get OLB Clay Matthews with the 1st round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
            If I could a prospect right now, that would be why we american football. :D

Seriously though, Michael Crabtree. Because whoever the Jets quarterback is, he needs someone to throw the ball to, and Jerricho Cotchery while a good receiver, proved he isn't that go to guy.

WR is definitely listed for the Jets on Scott's needs.

You lose American Football.

Comment

It would be Aaron Curry for the Bills. Become our dominant LB, let Kawika go nuts, and Poz would be very solid in a strong unit like that. Most importantly, Keith Ellison would not be starting. Jason Smith would be my only guy to take above him even if I could include those needs.
              (hehe... strong unit)

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                WR is definitely listed for the Jets on Scott's needs.

You lose American Football.
                I missed that part. I failed. :(

Okay, trying again: BJ Raji.

Because Kris Jenkins, BJ Raji and Shaun Ellis as a the DL in the 3-4 would have opposing offensive lines pissing themselves. And because I want the Jets to trade for Shaun Rogers or Marcus Stroud last year in addition to Kris Jenkins.

Comment

Bj Raji or Brian Orakpo

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                  @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Can't take an outside linebacker, defensive back, or tight end for the Browns. I take Aaron Curry to play inside. (Speaking of which, that is a bigger need than tight end)

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
                    <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
                    <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
                    <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

Eugene Monroe. That's pretty easy.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

OT. Andre Smith or maybe Monroe

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          Eugene Monroe. That's pretty easy.
                          That's surprising that OT isn't in those needs for the 49ers.....hm.

Comment

I'll take Crabtree.

Comment

Scott doesn;t have OT listed as one of the Falcons top 3 needs, but it is a need. I'd give Jason Smith to the Falcons, move Sam Baker to RT and make Tyson Clabo the first lineman off the bench. Clabo can play OT and OG, so he would get so much playing time rotating in that he'd practically be a starter.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information