Tony Gonzalez traded to Atlanta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Gonzalez traded to Atlanta

How will this effect Atlanta and Kansas City's drafts?

Gonzo was traded for a 2010 2nd round draft pick.

it won't our FO was too stupid to get a pick this year :(

Comment

It looks like Atlanta will draft D with nearly every pick, sprinkle in a value C or T somewhere along the line.

Comment

And that seems to be the end of that...

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
          Would you rather have a 3rd this year or a second next year that is pretty much what it came down to.

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post

Is there any law that says they cant package that pick they just go to move up in this years draft?

Comment

Hm, interesting. I saw that he was traded for a second round pick, but I didn't realize it wasn't in this year's draft but next year's. That's rare. I was not surprised to hear that Atlanta had traded for him, though. I like the idea of teams trading 2010 picks. They can use the 2009 pick to make their team beter and their selection lower in the round.

Comment

Well Pioli hasn't really seen what he has to work with since he just joined the organization, so it might be better off for them waiting a year to see where they think improvement is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                  Well Pioli hasn't really seen what he has to work with since he just joined the organization, so it might be better off for them waiting a year to see where they think improvement is needed.
                  Exactly

here is part of my response in the NFL forum

3. This gives Pioli and the coaching staff a chance to see what is currently on this team offensively and defensively. It gives Pioli a year to understand and find out who fits on this team and who doesn't and what needs should be address next year. KC might be running the 4-3 under this year and if things work out with it or are making the transition to a 3-4 it's hard to pick someone in the 2nd this year when he could make a better choice next year with a clearer picture.
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

How did the Chefs not get a pick in this years draft for Gonzo??

Idiots just gave him away!

Comment

For the last 10+ yars, there was no player in the AFC West that I feared more than Tony Gonzalez. Thank god he is gone.
                      aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Knight01 View Post
                        How did the Chefs not get a pick in this years draft for Gonzo??

Idiots just gave him away!
                        Right, because next year's draft is completely irrelevant...

Comment

Originally posted by jay cutler's #1 fan View Post
                          Right, because next year's draft is completely irrelevant...
                          lol yeah exactly.
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

There is going to be alot of happy Chiefs fans this time next year when they have two second round picks but since people just live in the now that hate the deal.

Comment

I don't see how this is such a bad trade. I mean you go through the draft this year. Then do just as bad as last year and get more picks plus that 2nd and hopefully have a decent team by then.
                              Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                              Just let it go RWO.
                              We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information