Looking ahead to next year....Colt McCoy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking ahead to next year....Colt McCoy

Anyone have some good info on him? How's he seem to be stacking up so far as a prospect, and does he appear at this time to be ahead of Sam Bradford?
    PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
    GO COLTS! NAPTOWN

I have a feeling he'll almost as polarizing as Sanchez.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

At this point, I don't think he is anywhere near Bradford as a prospect. He falls almost under the Tim Tebow category, where he's a great college player littered with question marks but possesses that 'it factor'.

Obviously it's way too early to make judgement on him, but I'd say with where he is right now he'd be a 2nd/3rd rounder.

Comment

I think McCoy is a third round type of prospect. He would be the 4th best QB in this year's crop.

I may get flamed for this, but I don't think Bradford is a first round prospect either. I have all sorts of questions about his mobility, the system he plays in, arm strength and size/toughness to take the hits in the NFL. To me, he is no different than Colt Brennan.
        aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Mid rounder at best.

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
            I think McCoy is a third round type of prospect. He would be the 4th best QB in this year's crop.

I may get flamed for this, but I don't think Bradford is a first round prospect either. I have all sorts of questions about his mobility, the system he plays in, arm strength and size/toughness to take the hits in the NFL. To me, he is no different than Colt Brennan.
            That's actually what I was going to say, Bradford has a million questions swarming around him, I don't get why people act like he's a slam dunk #1 prospect.

All those are legit questions about him that he needs to answer, I'm not buying people who act like he'll be this incredible prospect.

I think McCoy can make it late 1st, his size will be the biggest knock, but people will fall in love with his intangibles and we have already seen how things like that can boost your stock.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Bradford's like 6'5, 225. If he can't take a hit, he's a panty boy.

Arm strength isn't end all, be all. I really don't see how Sanchez is a 1st rounder but McCoy wouldn't be.

And don't be surprised if Brennan ends up a starter in the league sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
                Bradford's like 6'5, 225. If he can't take a hit, he's a panty boy.

Arm strength isn't end all, be all. I really don't see how Sanchez is a 1st rounder but McCoy wouldn't be.

And don't be surprised if Brennan ends up a starter in the league sooner than later.
                I wouldn't be surprised either, I'm a huge Colt Brennan fan and he should have been picked earlier. But it doesn't make sense to me that he can be torn apart for being a college system QB, throwing sidearm, and being immobile when Bradford does all the same things. At least the Run and Shoot has been tried in the NFL a few times.
                aka KGB Chicken

Comment

I'd sort of compare McCoy to Sanchez, similar size and arm strength. I think McCoy is a very underrated athlete.

Comment

Well it seems like he's not as hyped up as I expected him to be. If that's the case, who are the #1 and 2 QB prospects as of now for next year? I thought for sure it'd be him and Bradford.
                    PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
                    GO COLTS! NAPTOWN

Comment

Originally posted by 3pac View Post
                      Well it seems like he's not as hyped up as I expected him to be. If that's the case, who are the #1 and 2 QB prospects as of now for next year? I thought for sure it'd be him and Bradford.

Bradford and Jevan Snead would be ahead of him now in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                        I'd sort of compare McCoy to Sanchez, similar size and arm strength. I think McCoy is a very underrated athlete.
                        Sanchez has much better arm strength than McCoy. McCoy is more of a dual threat. And Sanchez is a much better pro prospect.

McCoy is more of a Jake Plummer type of player I think.
                        aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Sanchez has much better arm strength than McCoy. McCoy is more of a dual threat. And Sanchez is a much better pro prospect.

McCoy is more of a Jake Plummer type of player I think.
                          That can't be good.

Comment

I may get flamed for this, but I don't think Bradford is a first round prospect either. I have all sorts of questions about his mobility, the system he plays in, arm strength and size toughhness to take the hits in the NFL. To me, he is no different than Colt Brennan.
                            Yeah, I really don't see too much different between Bradford and Jason White. Other than Bradford's knees aren't made of glass...

As for McCoy...too short, too small, not a strong enough arm, played in a gimmicky system. Right now, I'd say he's a third rounder at best. Tebow is a better prospect at this point.
                            Last edited by yourfavestoner; 04-23-2009, 05:55 PM.

Comment

How is McCoy too short?? He's minimum, 6'2. Probably closer to 6'3.

A third rounder at best?

Come on now, I think it's too early for some of you to make evaluations on what type of pro prospect McCoy will be, since it appears many of you don't or haven't seen him play.

Bradford and McCoy will be gone in the 1st round, easily.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information