No announcement yet.

Tony G trade = Crabtree to the Chiefs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony G trade = Crabtree to the Chiefs?

I know next to nothing about the Chiefs, but the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the news was that an offensive-minded HC with 2 real receiving threats just traded 1 of them away 48 hours prior to the draft... are the Chiefs locking in on Crabtree? Cassel, Bowe, Crabtree... that'd be a pretty sweet young core for Haley's new offense in KC.

I am ignorant when it comes to the Chiefs though, so feel free to bash away if this notion is stupid...

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com

I think the Cheifs have bigger holes to fill then draft Crabtree. They should go OT or LB

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I doubt it myself. Pioli's track record with offensive players is pretty poor. I think they stick with D and look for a gem later. Remember, Mark Bradley wasn't all that bad for them last year.

Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

It could happen, but it certainly won't happen just because KC traded Gonzo.

Look, KC was going to be awful next year with or without Gonzalez; it's not like they have to desperately figure out a way to replace his production for a long playoff run.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by eazyb81 View Post
          It could happen, but it certainly won't happen just because KC traded Gonzo.
          No doubt it's not like they had to trade him and now feel forced to take a WR. My thinking was more along the lines of them trading him now because they're already planning on taking a WR prospect like Crabtree.

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com

Comment

If they trade down a WR and an OLB would be my guess for their 1st two picks.

Comment

Well, Haley did come from Arizona where they had 2 superb receivers. Right now in KC, his only real offensive threat is Bowe and LJ so I would think Crabtree should at least be considered for their pick.

Comment

Sounds like they're gonna go with Curry if they can't strike a deal with Washington or whoever wants Sanchez in a trade up. Seattle could very well take Crabtree if they don't take Sanchez.

Comment

I doubt we'd go Crabtree personally. We do have much bigger needs in OLB, ILB, OT and DE. Crabtree would be a luxury pick for someone (Pioli) who believes in building in the trenches and front seven of his defenses.

Originally posted by fenikz
                  His soft D really turns me off
                  ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by Castle View Post
                    Well, Haley did come from Arizona where they had 2 superb receivers. Right now in KC, his only real offensive threat is Bowe and LJ so I would think Crabtree should at least be considered for their pick.
                    This. My money is on Haley recreating Q and Fitz now that he has a good excuse (no targets for Cassel).

Comment

Who would be the Q? Both Bowe and Crabtree seem like really similar types of WRs. They both remind me of Q and neither really look much like Fitzy imo.

Originally posted by fenikz
                      His soft D really turns me off
                      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                        Who would be the Q? Both Bowe and Crabtree seem like really similar types of WRs. They both remind me of Q and neither really look much like Fitzy imo.
                        "Q and Fitz" = two elite WR's

Which is what Pioli could do with Bowe and Crabs...nothing to do with looks, lol.

Comment

as much as I want Curry I think there is a great chance Crabtree is the pick

Comment

I hope Pioli listens to what the HC says he needs to be successful, and instead doesn't follow blindly some Patriot blueprint for building a successful franchise.

From what I recall, the Cards didn't really feature a TE in their passing offense, so maybe a 2nd for Gonzalez allows them to pick one of the 3-4 OLB/DE prospects later and grab Crabtree early.

I bet Crab is the pick Haley would make if it were up to him.
                            Last edited by parrish_lemar24DBSkins; 04-23-2009, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
                              I hope Pioli listens to what the HC says he needs to be successful, instead doesn't follow blindly some Patriot blueprint for building a successful franchise.
                              He helped make that blueprint and it works pretty dang good last time I checked.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information