Rams in love with Sanchez

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams in love with Sanchez

The buzz in St. Louis is that the Rams might possibly take mark Sanchez with the second pick. Here are some quotes from our very knowledgeble sports columnist Bernie Miklasz...

"They have a man crush on Sanchez. I think they're trying to talk themselves into taking him."

"Trust me, the Rams are considering Sanchez. There's been some late momentum to take him."

Offensive tackle isn't such a guarantee. It makes a ton of sense to pick him, even if you want a tackle and then force a team to trade with you. However, I think the Rams want Sanchez as the new face of their franchise.

I'm not saying I disagree with the idea of them taking him on paper, but the simple fact that they'd then have over 100 million dollars invested in the QB slot makes that seem a bit ridiculous.
    PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
    GO COLTS! NAPTOWN

Comment

I would do it if I were stl, but then again I hate bulger so its obvious as to why I would do that.
      http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/s.../368jordan.jpg

Comment

Yes, but he could be groomed for a year (to make up for him being a junior). Then next season, Bulger could be released which would actually save the team money. If he was traded or released this year, the cap hit would be enormous.

Comment

ugh, is this happens I don't know what I'll do...it just doesn't make sense but then again I don't like Sanchez too much and would rather have Curry if we don't take an OT
          I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

i was reading on sites that they would take him and then trade him for more draft picks, cant list the site so take it for what its worth

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
            Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex

Comment

I'm not sure that I believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by 3pac View Post
                I'm not saying I disagree with the idea of them taking him on paper, but the simple fact that they'd then have over 100 million dollars invested in the QB slot makes that seem a bit ridiculous.
                They won't have that much invested in guaranteed money.

Comment

Originally posted by ramsfan308 View Post
                  "They have a man crush on Sanchez. I think they're trying to talk themselves into taking him."

"Trust me, the Rams are considering Sanchez. There's been some late momentum to take him."
                  This is why the Rams have sucked over the past several seasons. If it took them this long to figure out that they like Sanchez, and they're trying to "talk themselves into taking him," then they probably shouldn't take him.

Comment

Well they know they like him, but need to talk themselves into gambling for an OT to be there at #35. And this is a new regime, it;s not really fair to connect them to the past failures in St. Louis.

Comment

I sure hope they don't do this. I like Marc Bulger okay enough that I wouldn't spend that high of a pick on Sanchez with one offensive tackle (and a fairly mediocre one at that.)

Comment

I'm not against the pick. As I said before, Bulger has struggled his last 2 seasons. Everyone can say "well get a decent O-Line protecting him" but what if the Rams draft Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe and Bulger still struggles? then your looking at another top 5 pick and a huge need at Quarterback. Rams can take Sanchez, have him sit for a year behind Bulger and if Bulger struggles Sanchez would be the starter for 2010, It's not like the Rams are going to be a winning team in 2009 anyways. If Bulger gets back to his old self hey great Sanchez would be a great trade piece. If you take a QB next year your talking 2011-2012 before the Rams are competitive again.

Comment

If Bulger has a good year, then he is the trade piece. If the Rams keep Sanchez throughout the next year, he will be the quarterback of the future.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised. With all the work he's been doing to prop up his stock lately, he was bound to rise. His agent needs some kind of award because I think if we were all to calm down and take a sober look at the tape, Sanchez is being overvalued, especially considering the fact that he only had 487 pass attempts in his career.

BoneKrusher

Comment

They're trying to generate interest for their pick. Every year you hear the same things. This is no different.
                              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information