Why do we watch it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we watch it?

I was in the process of reserving the big screen tv in my house for the entire weekend when I was asked what my fascination with the draft was, and i honestly i was speechless i just couldnt put into words(for a non draft fan) why i follow it so closely, so basically guys why do we watch it?

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
    Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex

Thread title = BLASPHEMY

If they have to ask you to explain why you watch it, they'll never be able to understand.

Comment

Why do we american football draft?

Comment

Why do we follow it? Because we are hardcore football fans interested in what our teams are going to do to improve and/or follow the players we've watched on the college level.

Why do we watch it? Because we have spent so much time following it and we are impatient. You could go online the day after and find out the results in 5 minutes, but we'd rather watch for hours just to get the results as soon as possible.
        Last edited by GB12; 04-23-2009, 11:39 PM. Reason: are to our

Comment

It's a soap opera for guys. Do we need to go any further?

Comment

Because we like the pain of seeing our teams blow it year after year. We keep trying, thinking this time will be different, but just like a bad ex-girlfriend it never is. But we can never stop, never say no. No matter how many times your team drafts Jarvis Moss, or George Foster, or anyone else, you keep hoping that once, just once, you might get a franchise QB. And then, just as you're falling in love he is ripped away, ripped away forever. And you are back to square 1.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

personally i just love it. i'd rather watch the NFL Draft over the Super Bowl, and its not even close. its just so incredibly interesting to see where these college players get picked and by who. i love to hear how the analyst think they can impact our teams. this is seriously my favorite event of the entire year, more than Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by ratiffshabang View Post
                personally i just love it. i'd rather watch the NFL Draft over the Super Bowl, and its not even close. its just so incredibly interesting to see where these college players get picked and by who. i love to hear how the analyst think they can impact our teams. this is seriously my favorite event of the entire year, more than Christmas.
                Lol I actually have started referring to the draft as April Christmas.

I think GB12 summed it up perfectly.

I also love the draft because it is truly unpredictable, both on draft day and with who plans out. It's all guesswork, but you can analyze it forever and still not get it right. So that's always fun.
                Last edited by derza222; 04-24-2009, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
                  Because we like the pain of seeing our teams blow it year after year. We keep trying, thinking this time will be different, but just like a bad ex-girlfriend it never is. But we can never stop, never say no. No matter how many times your team drafts Jarvis Moss, or George Foster, or anyone else, you keep hoping that once, just once, you might get a franchise QB. And then, just as you're falling in love he is ripped away, ripped away forever. And you are back to square 1.
                  Or maybe your team trades out of the first round only to trade back up for a terrible QB who should never play in the NFL...

Comment

Because everyone loves making predictions, everyone loves seeing their team gain something, everyone loves feeling excited about the future, and everyone enjoys men talking about football for hours and hours on end.
                    PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
                    GO COLTS! NAPTOWN

Comment

Because my team can gain a new face, and new hope. It's why we American Football.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
                        why must you bring up all of this pain for us?!?!

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                        Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                        i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                        Originally posted by Job
                        NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

I think the reason has to do with getting your football fix in. Out of the three biggest sports in the U.S.A. football is by far the shortest in terms of games. If a team makes it to the Super Bowl they play 23 or 24 games overall. That's 4 preseason games, 16 regular season games, 2 or 3 playoff games, and the Super Bowl. Compare that to the MLB or NBA. In those two leagues you see teams play on a daily basis. Every team won't play every single day, but with the schedules that are played there are games held everyday. In football we wait for a week. Win or lose we have to wait 7 days to see our team go at it again. All that waiting makes us want it more and more. Therefore we watch analysis, read newspapers, blogs, talk with fellow fans, whatever to get our football fix in. Then the big day comes and we get to see our favorite team for three hours. Then the cycle continues all over again. Think of what happens after the season. You do all that talking, hyping, speculating, and whatever, and then you've only got 16-19 meaningful games of experience with your favorite team. After spending 5 months of waiting to see your favorite team play what do you think happens next? More waiting. This is the strength of the NFL by the way. We spend so much time waiting to see the games that we never get take them for granted. We only have a small window to see what we like, so when it comes we make sure we're available.

That's why the draft is so big. We as football fans are essentially huge anticipaters(I made that word up lol). We see enough to get our beaks wet, but we're always left yearning for more. Whether your team wins the Super Bowl or goes 0-16 "there's always next year." The draft wets out appetites up a little more before a big long drought of nothing. We get a chance to see our teams in some kind of action again after a few months of nothing concrete happening. Hence why the draft and the NFL will continue to be big business. Also think of it this way. You and your wife have great sex. The best sex ever in history. The only problem is that she has these long drawn out periods that keep this great sex from happening on occasion. You get 5 months of heavenly sex, then a 2 month break, and then she's open again for a weekend. During that weekend you're probably going to have sex at break neck speed to get your fill in before you have to wait 5 more months to get it again.

Football is your wife with the great sex. The draft is that weekend. This is why the draft is so big. There are many other variables such as the ability to see the beginning your favorite college player's career, the expansion of the media to give us access to the event, and some other things. But the biggest thing is getting our fix in. Us hardcore fans got to have our football fix.
                          "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                          ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                            Football is your wife with the great sex. The draft is that weekend. This is why the draft is so big. There are many other variables such as the ability to see the beginning your favorite college player's career, the expansion of the media to give us access to the event, and some other things. But the biggest thing is getting our fix in. Us hardcore fans got to have our football fix.
                            So is watching Matt Stafford go #1 overall the orgasm?
                            PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
                            GO COLTS! NAPTOWN

Comment

Originally posted by 3pac View Post
                              So is watching Matt Stafford go #1 overall the orgasm?
                              lol Naw you don't blow your wad that fast.
                              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information