Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorsey to Atlanta too?

http://kan.scout.com/2/859321.html

3. The Falcons and Chiefs may not be done dealing. Per a league source, Pioli and fellow Atlanta GM Thomas Dimitroff (a former Patriots executive), may be looking to help each other out. Based on rumblings we're hearing from WFSM in Atlanta, the Chiefs and Falcons may still be working on a deal that could send defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey to Atlanta for the 24th overall and 90th overall selections.

http://nflnr.com/2009/04/23/rumors-k...gonzalez-deal/

Rumors keep flying in KC; Dorsey included in Gonzalez deal?

For the time being, feel free to put this one down as pure speculation, but Fox Sports Radio has been discussing a bit of news they’ve heard that indicates that the Chiefs have traded DT Glenn Dorsey to the Falcons along with TE Tony Gonzalez. (H/T to Adam Best at Arrowhead Addict)

Obviously that move would necessitate a return of at least the Falcons 1st round pick plus a mid rounder this year, given the fact that Dorsey was a top five pick last season, but overall it would make some sense from the perspective of both teams. The Chiefs would get another first rounder to work with, the second round pick next year, and a mid-round selection to boot. Atlanta gets a future Hall of Fame tight end and a run stuffing DT to fill a major need on their defensive line.

This is the kind of craziness we can expect to see from here on out, so be sure to stick around all weekend long for the latest news and rumors you crave.

That'd be a steal for Atlanta.

Comment

I don't think Atlanta doesn't have enough ammo to get Dorsey.

Comment

i'm excited :)

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Trading the 5th overall pick from a year ago for a late first and late third would be an incredible failure by the Chiefs. Even if he's not a good fit for their new defense they can't trade Dorsey because they'd be taking too big of a loss.

Comment

Something tells me KC wouldn't want to take the necessary cap hit.
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

I would like that. I wouldn't want to see Dorsey wasted in a 3-4 system. Might make their line a bit small though.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                Trading the 5th overall pick from a year ago for a late first and late third would be an incredible failure by the Chiefs. Even if he's not a good fit for their new defense they can't trade Dorsey because they'd be taking too big of a loss.
                Yea, that does make sense and that's my initial thoughts, but then again, what if he really is a bad fit for the 3-4 and the Chiefs realize it now? It's not like top 5 picks aren't bust quite frequently, they could either keep him and hope it works and he ends up losing a starting spot, or they capitalize on his draft stock and get a 1st and a 3rd for him now.

I think if they know in their head he's not a good fit at NT or DE ideally, then you almost have to take that 1st and 3rd, or whatever it is...Still, complete STEAL by ATL to get two top 5 picks from the 05 draft.

I would like to think the cap implications make this too hard to overcome, Dorsey is only one year in.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

that would be epic, but he could probably still rotate in at NT, i highly doubt he couldnt play at all.

Comment

I would be so, so happy.

Despite huge needs at DE and S, and moderate needs at LB and (IMO) CB, DT is still considered a big need. Getting possibly the top player in last year's draft for a late first and a third round pick would be a brilliant move. He obviously has talent, and our defensive line coach is one of the best in the buisness.

I would go with Dorsey, and then grab the top available defensive end in round two.

Safties can be found later, and IMO DeCoud or Fudge would be at least servicable.
                    Virginia Tech.
                    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Anyone actually know what kind of cap hit it would actually be?
                      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

That would be a great deal for both teams.
                        Scott Wright, President
                        Draft Countdown.com
                        www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                        www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                          I would be so, so happy.

Despite huge needs at DE and S, and moderate needs at LB and (IMO) CB, DT is still considered a big need. Getting possibly the top player in last year's draft for a late first and a third round pick would be a brilliant move. He obviously has talent, and our defensive line coach is one of the best in the buisness.

I would go with Dorsey, and then grab the top available defensive end in round two.

Safties can be found later, and IMO DeCoud or Fudge would be at least servicable.
                          well it would be following the giants layout ;) but really it would make your DL so much better and allow you to run a cover 2 system how its supposed to be. Your LB corps arent great at all but i know at least Lofton is a very active and all over the place player and this allows him to continue working freely. Your DBs will also appear alot better.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                            Gotta disagree here.

I see what you are saying, but completely new regime...new system in place...it happens and I wouldn't hate on the Chiefs for recouping what they can for Glenn Dorsey. A busted pick by Edwards that just doesn't fit this system.

Remember, Atlanta LOVED the kid last year and was thinking about him @ their pick. Same regime there, probably still love him. Trading #24 for Dorsey to them, is probably a steal.

Comment

wow, if this happened i'd wish i was a falcons fan

if the chiefs are just giving away players now, i'm sure the dolphins will take bowe

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information