Tyson Jackson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Jackson

I know this guy was rising, but I can't help but think 3rd overall for a guy who is not great pass rusher or a feared sack artist seems a bit odd to me. I am sure he is going to be good, but you take a guy at 3, he better have the overall ability to become great. I'm not sure Jackson is that guy.

That's because he's not that guy.

He'll never live up to the hype, but he'll be a solid pro and fill a huge void and start the overhaul of that switch to the 3-4 defense.
    Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
    Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
    I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
    Originally posted by bearsfan_51
    iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
    Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
    I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
    Originally posted by GoRavens
    Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

it was a terrible pick plain and simple

Comment

He has the potential to be that guy, I just don't think he ever pulls it off. Honestly I like him a lot less than I do Jarron Gilbert.

Comment

I would never take a 34 De at 3 overall. Curry would have made a bigger impact for their defense.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I don't see how any team could have Jackson rated higher than Curry. I thought that this could happen but in no way did I actually think that a NFL GM would be dumb enough to do such a foolish thing.

Comment

Jackson isn't ideal at #3, but he's more valuable to us than Curry or Monroe would have been. I would have liked to trade down, but considering that **** package that Cleveland got, I'm glad we didn't.

Comment

I think Jackson's a safe pick.

Not worth the #3 pick though, and will end up paying too much money to him.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
                  Jackson isn't ideal at #3, but he's more valuable to us than Curry or Monroe would have been.
                  Absolutely 100% could not disagree with you more.

Curry will be an elite talent. Jarron Gilbert, like mentioned above, is still available. He could play 5tech in the 3-4 and he might even be better than Tyson Jackson over the years. Jackson was a mediocre or average college player and for whatever reason Pioli thinks that is going to translate to a good to GREAT player in the NFL and to put it simply, it just won't.

Curry would be an IMPACT player from day one and play at an elite level. He's shown he could do it. Jackson has not. Hell, you just signed Cassel to a 6 year deal with 34 million in guarantees, Monroe is the smartest pick here hands down.

It was an absolutely terrible pick, plain and simple.
                  Last edited by vidae; 04-25-2009, 09:35 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
                  His soft D really turns me off
                  ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

The smart fit here would have been to take Raji and move Dorsey outside as a Seymore type... This pick was awful IMO...

Comment

One thing to remember. Scott Pioli has multiple Super Bowl rings and has won executive of the year awards while we're posting on a message board. Will wait and see on this one.

Originally posted by jsagan77 View Post
                      The smart fit here would have been to take Raji and move Dorsey outside as a Seymore type... This pick was awful IMO...
                      That's hilariously dumb. Stop posting.
                      Currently on IR: Rip 2011 Jamaal Charles :(

Comment

Originally posted by superfly69 View Post
                        I know this guy was rising, but I can't help but think 3rd overall for a guy who is not great pass rusher or a feared sack artist seems a bit odd to me. I am sure he is going to be good, but you take a guy at 3, he better have the overall ability to become great. I'm not sure Jackson is that guy.
                        Out of Scott's top 10 DEs, Jackson had the third most sacks. How is that "not a great pass rusher"?

Comment

Originally posted by Jenkins31
                          That's not hilariously dumb..

Glen Dorsey's game translates better to a 3-4 DE than it does as a 3-4 NT...
                          He doesn't translate to anything in a 3-4.

Comment

Again, we're going to be running the 4-3 under, not a base 3-4. Which is why the Jackson pick makes even less sense than before.

Originally posted by fenikz
                            His soft D really turns me off
                            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                              Again, we're going to be running the 4-3 under, not a base 3-4. Which is why the Jackson pick makes even less sense than before.
                              QFT.(10 CHAR)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information