Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst Pick in the First Round

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Worst Pick in the First Round

    Alright its really not a question for my opinion, but there was a best pick in the first round thread, I thought maybe we should have the worst. And my vote would go to Haywerd-Bey of the Raiders. He may become a solid pro (prolly not though), but defntly not a guy to pick over Crabtree IMO. Discuss dynamically!

    SINCE SO MANY OF THE EARLY RESPONDERS SAID D-H-B. HE IS NO LONGER AN OPTION, WORST PICK BESIDES D-H-B.
    Last edited by yodabear; 04-26-2009, 01:37 AM.

  • #2
    Troy Willia.... I mean Darrius Heyward-Bey.


    www.minnesotavikingsnation.com

    Comment


    • #3
      How about giving up a first round pick for Alphonso Smith? That was the single worst move, IMO.

      As for picks. I can live with the Raiders taking DHB. They needed a receiver and DHB will definitely stretch the defense. If they viewed him as a better prospect than Maclin, I can't blame them.

      I'd probably say it was Clay Matthews, just because I am not very bullish on him and they gave up quite a bit. Still, with Raji it wasn't a bad day, just more than I would have given up.

      Comment


      • #4
        I am pretty sure we can all come to an agreement on DHB.
        Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
          How about giving up a first round pick for Alphonso Smith? That was the single worst move, IMO.

          As for picks. I can live with the Raiders taking DHB. They needed a receiver and DHB will definitely stretch the defense. If they viewed him as a better prospect than Maclin, I can't blame them.

          I'd probably say it was Clay Matthews, just because I am not very bullish on him and they gave up quite a bit. Still, with Raji it wasn't a bad day, just more than I would have given up.
          meh...smith might be the worst trade, but he is a good player. I would rather not have given up a first rounder next year, but it's like we had 3 1st rounders this year.

          still not super high on the move

          gotta give worst move to the raiders, not for picking DHB, but passing on Crabs for DHB.

          Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
          Originally posted by BaLLiN72
          i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
          Originally posted by Job
          NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by akvikefan89 View Post
            Troy Willia.... I mean Darrius Heyward-Bey.
            You know, I never really thought they were the same, but if you notice......... both drafted seventh overall. Coincidence?

            Comment


            • #7
              Pettigrew!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                You know, I never really thought they were the same, but if you notice......... both drafted seventh overall. Coincidence?
                And that 7th pick the Vikings got from the Raiders... hmm...


                www.minnesotavikingsnation.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  DHB and it should be unanimous.

                  Sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                    meh...smith might be the worst trade, but he is a good player. I would rather not have given up a first rounder next year, but it's like we had 3 1st rounders this year.

                    still not super high on the move

                    gotta give worst move to the raiders, not for picking DHB, but passing on Crabs for DHB.
                    Denver gave up their 2010 1st round pick, correct? Not Chicago's, right? That makes it worse.

                    The Broncos are not making the playoffs and could be really bad with Orton at QB and Marshall suspended.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                      Denver gave up their 2010 1st round pick, correct? Not Chicago's, right? That makes it worse.

                      The Broncos are not making the playoffs and could be really bad with Orton at QB and Marshall suspended.
                      Orton's really no worse than Cassel and Marshall's missing what, two games? I don't think they're a playoff team but a 7-9ish record is possible in that abortion of a division.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
                        Orton's really no worse than Cassel and Marshall's missing what, two games? I don't think they're a playoff team but a 7-9ish record is possible in that abortion of a division.
                        Yes, he is worse than Cassel and will prove it soon enough.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          There needs to be a "No DHB" rule.

                          Maybe go Redskins if they're truly gonna put Orakpo at 4-3 OLB, even if he was of great value.

                          Chargers reached with Larry English, and Kansas City reached with Ty Jax.

                          Dunno if Tampa Bay trading up for Freeman was a good idea either.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                          [@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I cant wait to see DHB shut everyone up...along with Michael mitchell, that guy is a effing beast at safety.


                            i wanted him really really bad. i thought we were gonna get him in the 3rd..but ill take him either way, as long as we landed him, i would be happy.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                              Denver gave up their 2010 1st round pick, correct? Not Chicago's, right? That makes it worse.

                              The Broncos are not making the playoffs and could be really bad with Orton at QB and Marshall suspended.
                              Marshall isn't suspended? Goodell would have acted on it by now. It's been like 3 months. Orton is not a bad QB by any means and fits good in the system. The O line is great in some parts (tackle) and aging at others(the middle). Orton, Clady, Ryan Harris, Marshall, Royal, Graham, Hillis and Moreno. That's a pretty good offensive group.

                              And on defense added guys like Dawkins and Hill in FA. Add in a versatile Ayers and Alphonso smith and they are improved even more. Not good yet, but better than 29th.

                              Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                              Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                              i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                              Originally posted by Job
                              NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information