• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bengals never seem to learn, do they?

Top 3 picks all huge character concerns:
    Andre Smith
    Rey Maualuga
    Michael Johnson

Obviously very good value for all of them, talent-wise but come on, are there any high character guys left on that team now that TJ bolted? (i like keith rivers though and am intrigued by him teaming up with his old teammate inside)

Forgot to mention Bernard Scott - he could be the greatest character risk in the whole draft.

Comment

Michael Johnson with character issues? Since when?

Comment

Smith, Maualuga, and Johnson - while risky due to different reasons (weight for Smith, lack of discipline for Maualuga, and complete inconsistency for Johnson) - all 3 have significant upside. Smith can become one of the best tackles in the NFL, Maualuga has superstar potential, and Johnson is a freak athlete who is a lot like Julius Peppers but not a great football player.

Comment

They aren't HUGE character concerns with Smith or Mau. That's a gross exaggeration.
          PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
          GO COLTS! NAPTOWN

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
            Michael Johnson with character issues? Since when?
            i consider lack of commitment/dedication and terrible motor as a character concern

Comment

Those guys aren't the ones that concern me, Smith has been very impressive in all of his interviews here (which did surprise me) and from what I know Johnson doesn't really have any it's just a concern of motivation. Maualuga is a valid one.

Taking Scott was the one that killed me. The guy is old, a POS person and I don't know why we addressed RB so late. At least it was a later round pick.

Comment

I don't know if it's fair to say that the Bengals took a ton of character risks, I would instead say that they took a lot of players who, though talented, really stand to gain a lot from having a strong locker room... something the Bengals very much lack.

In a perfect world, they could have had a great draft. In an imperfect one, this could be a trainwreck.

Comment

In the perfect world, they would dump a lot of the veterans and rebuild on these picks along with Palmer. I thought the Bengals had a phenomenal draft IMHO.

Comment

Smith and Scott are the only ones with character concerns. When they took Bernard Scott, my exact words were "WTF are they doing, they never learn".

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I hate them for stealing Clinton Mcdonald.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                        Smith and Scott are the only ones with character concerns. When they took Bernard Scott, my exact words were "WTF are they doing, they never learn".
                        Yeah, none of the other picks really bothered me but given the past... The pick of Scott is just horrendous. Granted, Corey Dillon had pretty much the same background...

To hear Andre Smith and the things Saban had to say about him, I'm honestly not worried about him off the field... Just want him to be sure and keep that weight/man boobs to a reasonable size.

Comment

Im just suprised they took Andre Smith over Eugene Monroe.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

It was for his physicality and run blocking from what I can tell. Our OL coach kept saying because he can do two things 'run block and pass block'. He seems to remind them a lot of Willie Anderson.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                              Im just suprised they took Andre Smith over Eugene Monroe.
                              I always thought that scouts agreed that smith had better ability and potential but the combine mishap and the weight were the only things keeping monroe slightly ahead.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information