Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proof that draft experts and GMs are breed apart.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof that draft experts and GMs are breed apart.

Kiper company had a field day laughing at the Raiders picks including Michael Mitchell. He said that he could have been taken in the 5th round. Well the Chicago Tribune is reporting that the Bears were going to take him two picks after the Raiders. Does that hurt you feels, Mel? The fact that you are exposed as not doing your homework?
    Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

two wrongs don't make a right
    Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
    Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

Originally posted by Cunningham View Post
      This.

I'm sure some fool would have drafted Mike Williams if Detroit hadn't.
      My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cunningham View Post
        Exactly, just because there was one more team almost as stupid as the Raiders doesn't make Oakland's pick any better.
        Scott Wright, President
        Draft Countdown.com
        www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
        www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

"I see you're about to do something stupid, so I'll do something stupid first so you won't be able to!"

What sort of reasoning is that?

Comment

Originally posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
            "I see you're about to do something stupid, so I'll do something stupid first so you won't be able to!"

What sort of reasoning is that?
            Thats usually the reasoning that happens when someone is drunk and their friend is drunk too and doesnt want to be shown up.

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
              Kiper company had a field day laughing at the Raiders picks including Michael Mitchell. He said that he could have been taken in the 5th round. Well the Chicago Tribune is reporting that the Bears were going to take him two picks after the Raiders. Does that hurt you feels, Mel? The fact that you are exposed as not doing your homework?
              LOL. Given the way the Bears draft it probably doesn't hurt he feels at all.

Comment

The thread should be titled "Proof that draft experts and a senile old fool are breed apart"

This doesn't change the fact that Al Davis is a complete joke.

Comment

According to Peter King, the Bears were the only team that considered drafting him at that point. Here's what he wrote today on cnnsi:

f. The Mid-American Conference has first-, second- and third-team all-conference teams. Ohio University safety Michael Mitchell did not make any of the three last fall. The Raiders used the 15th pick of the second round on Mitchell.

g. I asked three GMs Saturday and Sunday where they had Mitchell on their boards. One said he had a seventh-round grade. Two said he had a free-agent grade.

h. Mitchell is the highest-drafted player of this decade not to have been invited to the combine.

i. You get the point. The pick of Mitchell, and where he was picked, was greeted with as much incredulity as any pick I remember. The only team clearly in competition for him was Chicago.

Also, Mel Kiper said he talked to 6 teams. 3 said he was a free agent, two thought late rounder and one said he was a pro bowler.

Comment

There is more proof than a story in the Chicago tribune. The proof is how drafts usually pan out after a few years. The fact of the matter is that the first round usually has half the players as busts, and the rounds after just get higher and higher. The one constant you see however is certain teams getting quality players regardless of the hoopla surrounding their picks. It seems like the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Colts, and Titans usually stick to solid boards that aren't usually sexy. Those teams are perennial contenders while other teams end up playing the same game over and over again every April.
                    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

The difference here is that one team is the Raiders. If the Raiders do something, it's a terrible, idiotic, Al Davis has Alzheimer's ******** kind of pick.

Had the Bears have done it, it may still have been considered a reach, but it would nearly have been as **** upon.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        The difference here is that one team is the Raiders. If the Raiders do something, it's a terrible, idiotic, Al Davis has Alzheimer's ******** kind of pick.

Had the Bears have done it, it may still have been considered a reach, but it would nearly have been as **** upon.
                        I disagree. This pick would have been frowned upon had any team in the NFL made it (maybe the Pats would get a pass since ESPN loves them), but anybody else would have been viewed as crazy.
                        Drink apple juice, cause OJ will kill you.

Comment

Originally posted by Abaddon View Post
                          This.

I'm sure some fool would have drafted Mike Williams if Detroit hadn't.
                          Mel Kiper is the one who told everyone he would see them at Williams' Hall of Fame induction... o.0

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post

Maybe not in the eyes of the general public, but if the Bears drafted Mitchell at 49 then I group them right there with the Raiders. A monumental reach and the largest I've seen in five years of attending the draft. Keep in mind I go to OU, I like Mitchell and thought he deserved to be drafted. Just a monster reach and would be the same if the Bears had drafted him.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                            - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                            www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                              Maybe not in the eyes of the general public, but if the Bears drafted Mitchell at 49 then I group them right there with the Raiders. A monumental reach and the largest I've seen in five years of attending the draft. Keep in mind I go to OU, I like Mitchell and thought he deserved to be drafted. Just a monster reach and would be the same if the Bears had drafted him.
                              It wouldn't nearly have been talked about. The Raiders have been on a slippery slope with questionable moves for years and then they reach for a 40 time in the first round, that pick just pushed it over the edge.

Had the Bears have done it, it would have came and went and that would been the end of it unless someone was just specifically talking about their draft.

As a Bears fan, I wouldn't have liked the pick obviously, but to 99.9% of people, if wouldn't have been ripped nearly as badly just because it wasn't the Raiders.

Think about it this way. If the Patriots had done it......genius Bill Bellichick who secretly runs the entire NFL I think.....it probably wouldn't have been ripped.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information