Chris Berman is a joke...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Berman is a joke...

The guy gets information of the pick from someone or watches a video of Donald Brown talking on his phone with a big smile on his face just as the Colts turn in the pick, and he acts like he knows what the Colts are going to do as if he's called this pick three days ago. He's like, "Chris Wells? No. Not their style. Watch it be Donald Brown, this kid out of UConn."

Then he wrapped up the day (first day obviously) with a great comment. Paraphrasing here:

"How 'bout the Lions? They got their franchise QB. We'll see. The TE, Pettigrew, the best at his position, and, uh, the uh, safety, uh---

MEL KIPER: Delmas.

"Delmas. Bob Sanders like. Hard hitter. What a great first day."

The guy doesn't know a damn thing about these prospects and sits there and reads Mel Kipers draft prospectus or whatever it's called and looks up the player as their picks are made and he makes some kind of analysis on the players like he has a clue what as to what he's talking about. He didn't even know Delmas' name when just two hours before that he was breaking him down and comparing him to Bob Sanders, almost as if he's seen him play.

A joke, you stumbling a bafoon.

There really is no reason to watch ESPN anymore. Kiper? They don't go to him enough. Mayock dominates the draft and breaks down the players. They show highlights... the highlights this year for ESPN were about three plays long and just terrible. Not to mention about half the screen.

I wish somehow Kiper and Mayock could be on the same set. Aww...

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
    Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
    I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
    Originally posted by bearsfan_51
    iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
    Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
    I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
    Originally posted by GoRavens
    Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Well Berman's a host, not an analyst..

Comment

I love Chris Berman...
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Berman is only there for entertainment factor.

As far as coverage this year

First day-NFLN

Second day-ESPN

at least from what I caught of each, since i didn't get the full experience.
        Second day start was NFLN, but through the later rounds I stopped seeing Mayock and started seeing more of Dukes. Kiper stuck it out, but ESPN kept doing lame as **** during certain picks and going back to Bristol.

Comment

Originally posted by LookItsAlDavis View Post
          yes.

I will agree he needs to stay away from playing analyst. But, as a host, put me down as one person that likes him. I have grown up with Chris Berman. It's all personal preference, but his nicknames, obscure classic rock references, irrational love for the Bills and 49ers and ugly suit/tie combos have grown on me over the years. ESPN won't be the same without him.

Comment

Originally posted by LookItsAlDavis View Post
            Which is my point. Holy ****.
            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
            Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
            I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
            Originally posted by bearsfan_51
            iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
            Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
            I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
            Originally posted by GoRavens
            Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

No matter what day, NFLN completely dominates especially the 2nd day because ESPN only talks about the big events of day one like going back to Bristol and hearing 5 other analyst thoughts on Sanchez to Jets. At least Mayock gives you the scouting report on some of these no namers so you have an idea what they are capable of. NFLN destroys ESPN and I think its time for Kiper/McShay to go. Kiper is a cartoon and McShay is a tool.
              INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
                yes.

I will agree he needs to stay away from playing analyst. But, as a host, put me down as one person that likes him. I have grown up with Chris Berman. It's all personal preference, but his nicknames, obscure classic rock references, irrational love for the Bills and 49ers and ugly suit/tie combos have grown on me over the years. ESPN won't be the same without him.
                Same here, I've loved Berman since the late 80's when he was the man as ESPN. How can you not love some of the awesome nicknames he has created. Albert 'Winnie the' Pujols, Bert 'Be home' Blyleven. Boomer may have lost a little bit (and I'm not just talking weight) over the past few years, but he is still one of my favorites at ESPN.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by IndyColtScout View Post
                  No matter what day, NFLN completely dominates especially the 2nd day because ESPN only talks about the big events of day one like going back to Bristol and hearing 5 other analyst thoughts on Sanchez to Jets. At least Mayock gives you the scouting report on some of these no namers so you have an idea what they are capable of. NFLN destroys ESPN and I think its time for Kiper/McShay to go. Kiper is a cartoon and McShay is a tool.
                  Kiper does the same as Mayock, he knows about all the prospects even UDFA. But he is just not given the chance. NFLN did the same thing as ESPN in the later rounds, for a whole round I think i didn't even see Mayock.

NFLN does have much better clips though. Kiper defiantly needs to find his way to NFLN, so he can break down the film.

Comment

The problem with Kiper is that he comes off as a pompous, know-it-all ass. He seems like he does nothing but scouting reports all day, and this is the one time he gets to show everyone what a loser he is.
                    Temple University Owls

Comment

Don't be dissing Boomer.
                      Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                        Berman is only there for entertainment factor.

As far as coverage this year

First day-NFLN

Second day-ESPN

at least from what I caught of each, since i didn't get the full experience.
                        Second day start was NFLN, but through the later rounds I stopped seeing Mayock and started seeing more of Dukes. Kiper stuck it out, but ESPN kept doing lame as **** during certain picks and going back to Bristol.
                        I understand that about Berman, and don't expect the best knowledge out of him. I expect funny sounds and some weird dialogue, and I am happy with it. I feel the same way about Eisen.

As far as coverage, I see it the same way, but NFLN almost won the second day for me strictly based off of the part wher ethey had the lense (or whatever it was) that made everyone's heads look huge. It made me laugh my ass off, esily the funniest moment of the weekend for me.

Erin Sanders with Bill and Quan Cosby was pretty awesome, that may have been what swung me in ESPNs favor.
                        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by JHG722 View Post
                          The problem with Kiper is that he comes off as a pompous, know-it-all ass. He seems like he does nothing but scouting reports all day, and this is the one time he gets to show everyone what a loser he is.
                          But thats what he is paid to do.

Comment

Originally posted by JHG722 View Post

Nobody has ragged on Kiper as much as I have but I've developed a grudging respect for his encyclopedic memory & his 365 days/yr. research.

The problem with him seems to be that he has morphed himself from a draft analyst to Mr. NFL Draft & his ESPN/Disney mgrs. have hyped him as such. He's a pro, the highest profiled draft pro, but the draft isn't his personal estate despite what ESPN hypes it, look at the majority of the posts in this thread saying NFLN's coverage is head & shoulders above the ESPN coverage. ESPN raised him up these last 30 yrs, now they are the albatross around his neck dragging him down with them. Mel, if you're reading this, go indy.
                            Last edited by LizardState; 04-28-2009, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Berman is absolutely horrible. He's totally out of touch with the younger NFL fans and for dear god his puns are lame.
                              Last edited by Paul; 04-28-2009, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information