Roto's 2010 Top 10 Players:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roto's 2010 Top 10 Players:

I'm not sure if posting this violates any rules, as I didn't direct link to anything, but if it does, I apologize and delete if neccesary.

Right off the bat, this list should be disregarded for not having Eric Berry in it. Any list for top players of 2010 that does not include Eric Berry is a foolish one IMO. The guy is a game-changer in the mold of Ed Reed and is no doubt a future All-Pro.

And to leave him off a list that includes Brandon LaFell? Now that is ridiculous!

But other than that, it looks pretty solid. What do you guys think!?

Here they are:

1. Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford

Height/Weight: 6'4/218
    College Experience: Fourth-year junior
    Projected Forty Time: 4.85
    Comparison: Peyton Manning
    2008 Stats: 328-of-483 (67.9%) for 4,720 yards, 9.77 YPA, 50 Tds, 8 INTs

Every year there is debate about which draft-eligible quarterback is most "pro ready." That will change in 2010. With ideal height, arm strength, and beyond ideal accuracy at all levels, Bradford is the most refined college passer since Carson Palmer. Bradford's passing precision is beyond compare and he comes from an offense heavy on pro-style concepts. The only question is whether Bradford will leave early. The rising fourth-year junior nearly declared for this year's draft after winning the Heisman as a redshirt sophomore. Bradford may want another shot at a BCS title if the Sooners take a step back in 2009.

2. Alabama DT Terrence Cody

Height/Weight: 6'5/365
    College Experience: Fourth-year senior
    Projected Forty Time: 5.45
    Comparison: Shaun Rogers
    2008 Stats: 24 tackles (4.5 for loss), 2 fumble recoveries, one forced

With an uncommon blend of size and athleticism -- Cody can do a 360-degree dunk on a ten-foot hoop -- this JUCO transfer projected as a top-ten pick in the '09 draft before opting to return for his senior year. The immovable Cody anchored Nick Saban's defense last season, helping the Crimson Tide to rank second nationally versus the run. Cody was recruited lightly out of high school due to his weight and academics, and they will remain issues during the pre-draft process. But Cody is a rare talent and will be coveted by 3-4 teams.

3. Southern Cal S Taylor Mays

Height/Weight: 6'3/230
    Projected Forty Time: 4.45
    Comparison: Adrian Wilson
    2008 Stats: 53 tackles (2 for loss), 9 pass breakups

A 2008 Thorpe Award finalist (he lost out to Ohio State's Malcolm Jenkins), Mays is another projected 2009 first-rounder who returned for his senior year. A ferocious hitter, Mays puts fear into college offensive coordinators' game plans the same way Adrian Wilson does in the NFL. Pac Ten teams don't throw at Mays often, but he needs to improve his ball skills as a senior to ensure a top-ten grade. Mays has only one interception over the last two seasons.

4. Oklahoma State LT Russell Okung

Height/Weight: 6'5/300
    Projected Forty Time: 5.20
    Comparison: Chris Samuels
    2008 Stats: Started 13-of-13 games, team-best 71 knockdown blocks

Okung has made 34 straight starts for the Cowboys, all at left tackle, and Mike Gundy's team has led the Big 12 in rushing each of Okung's three seasons. A first-team all conference pick in 2008, Okung returns along with eight starters from D-I's No. 6-ranked offense. The Cowboys have a devastating trio of skill players in QB Zac Robinson, WR Dez Bryant, and RB Kendall Hunter. Further offensive domination will only help Okung's stock. Also outstanding in both the run and passing games, Okung is a sleeper to be drafted No. 1 overall in 2010.

5. Florida ILB Brandon Spikes

Height/Weight: 6'3/243
    Projected Forty Time: 4.60
    Comparison: David Harris
    2008 Stats: 70 tackles (8 for loss), 2 sacks, 3 INTs

Spikes might've pushed Aaron Curry to be the top non-rush 'backer drafted in 2009, but returns with Tim Tebow in search of Florida's third BCS title in four years. A vocal leader with superb physical traits, Spikes replaced Brandon Siler at middle linebacker in 2007 and immediately became an All-SEC first teamer. A playmaker, he returned two of his three picks for touchdowns as a junior. Spikes offers ideal range and size and is ready to start in the pros, although we'd like to see him lay out more ball carriers as a senior. Spikes has just one career forced fumble.

6. Oklahoma TE Jermaine Gresham

Height/Weight: 6'6/261
    Projected Forty Time: 4.75
    Comparison: Marcedes Lewis
    2008 Stats: 66 - 950 (14.4 YPC) - 14 Tds

A decorated high school basketball center and converted wideout, Gresham is a natural athlete with terrific ball skills in space and tight quarters. Unlike many college TEs who come from heavy spread offenses, Gresham has experience as both a traditional in-line blocker and slot receiver. Gresham isn't a physically dominant player yet, but is an NFL-caliber pass catcher already and has a long, lean frame to build on. Gresham likely would've been rated higher than Brandon Pettigrew had he declared for the 2009 draft and projects as a top-20 pick in 2010.

7. Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh

Height/Weight: 6'4/300
    College Experience: Fifth-year senior
    Projected Forty Time: 4.95
    Comparison: Ty Warren
    2008 Stats: 76 tackles (19 for loss), 7.5 sacks, fumble recovery, 2 INTs

NCAA's most active nose guard in 2008, Suh became the first Nebraska lineman to lead the Huskers in tackles since 1973. He also returned both his interceptions for touchdowns, which is highly impressive for a defensive tackle, was voted first-team All Big 12, and showed the ability to both control the line of scrimmage and penetrate. At 6'4/300, Suh projects as a defensive tackle in a 4-3 scheme or an end in a 3-4 defense at the next level. Suh missed 2008 spring practice while recovering from knee surgery, however, so durability is a concern.

8. Mississippi DE Greg Hardy

Height/Weight: 6'5/260
    Projected Forty Time: 4.70
    Comparison: Gaines Adams
    2008 Stats: 18 tackles (9.5 for loss), 8.5 sacks, INT

Hardy returned to school after a down junior season. He paced the Rebels in sacks, but missed four games with a foot fracture that required surgery. Hardy will be ready for fall drills. A freakishly quick up-field rusher, Hardy is another ex-basketball player who appeared in 15 games as a freshman forward at Ole Miss. He also saw time at wideout earlier in his college career. Hardy has the size potential to be an every-down NFL player, but to solidify a top-15 grade he must prove he can stay healthy as a senior and hold up better versus the run.

9. LSU WR Brandon LaFell

Height/Weight: 6'3/210
    Projected Forty Time: 4.47
    Comparison: Michael Jenkins
    2008 Stats: 63 - 929 (14.7 YPC) - 8 Tds

LaFell very nearly declared for the 2009 draft after a 63-catch, eight-touchdown junior season, but decided to return in hopes that LSU will improve its quarterback situation. That probably isn't happening, but LaFell's physical skill set is NFL-caliber.

10. Kentucky CB Trevard Lindley

Height/Weight: 6'0/175
    Projected Forty Time: 4.39
    Comparison: Al Harris
    2008 Stats: 39 tackles, 4 INTs, 15 pass breakups

NFL teams go through phases in the secondary. For a certain time zone coverage will be popular. At other times press, man-to-man coverage is en vogue. Lindley can play both, so he won't have trouble transitioning. The Wildcats focus mostly on matchup coverage and Lindley is an excellent tackler. He's a likely late first-round pick in 2010.
    Last edited by thebow305; 04-29-2009, 06:09 PM.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

The lists fails from the beginning for not having God number one.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

I can't seem to see why they would leave Berry off of that list. Anyone who watches college football knows he is one of, if not the best player in the country.

Comment

Yeah, and Carlos Dunlap missing too? What?

Comment

For reals they need Eric Berry.

And Cody #2? lolwtf

Comment

Originally posted by nyqua View Post
            For reals they need Eric Berry.

And Cody #2? lolwtf
            If Tyson Jackson is a #3 pick because of the 3-4, Cody could be #1 if a 3-4 team picks there.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
              I can't seem to see why they would leave Berry off of that list. Anyone who watches college football knows he is one of, if not the best player in the country.
              A lot of people look at Mays' physical appearance and instantly feel as though he's superior.
              Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                A lot of people look at Mays' physical appearance and instantly feel as though he's superior.
                I could understand why people would think that, but there is still no excuse for leaving Berry off that list. I know he is a junior, but as of now I think he is the best player regardless of position in next year's class. Not saying he will go #1 overall, but thats how I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
                  The lists fails from the beginning for not having God number one.

Yeah, I wrote about this already. And I totally agree.

Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                  Yeah, and Carlos Dunlap missing too? What?
                  OMG, I didn't even notice that. Wow, what an EPIC FAIL for leaving those two players off. I think Mays, Bradford, Suh, Cody, Okung, Hardy, Gresham and Spikes are right on. But LaFell and Lindley should definitely be replaced with Dunlap and Berry.

My list would be:

1. Sam Bradford
                  2. Carlos Dunlap
                  3. Eric Berry
                  4. Taylor Mays
                  5. Greg Hardy
                  6. Gerald McCoy
                  7. Russell Okung
                  8. Terrence Cody
                  9. Ndamukong Suh
                  10. Dez Bryant

Not a big Brandon Spikes fan either, as you can probably tell.
                  Last edited by thebow305; 04-29-2009, 06:19 PM.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

How does Bradford compare to Peyton Manning??

Comment

they both play quarterback and haven't won a college championship, end of comparison.
                      SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Terrence Cody is so overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                          Terrence Cody is so overrated.
                          I agree, he needs a monster season to break the 1st round for me.
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                            I agree, he needs a monster season to break the 1st round for me.
                            Thank you! It's nice to see someone else who doesn't buy into the Terrance Cody hype.

Comment

Berry=godmode

I think Laffell is too high too, just my opinion

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                              Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                              i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                              Originally posted by Job
                              NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information