Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mark Sanchez follow in the footsteps of Matt Ryan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Mark Sanchez follow in the footsteps of Matt Ryan?

I am not saying he is the next Matt Ryan; could he have a similar rookie season as Ryan? Looking at the jets QB situation and no doubt Sanchez is the best QB in my opinion. Sanchez is on a solid team with a good supporting cast for him to succeed. Good stable of backs, solid receivers, and a good defense. I believe he is the most NFL ready QB out of the three QBs taken in the first. He doesn't have to come in to win games he just has to manage games during his rookie year just like Ryan did. At one point this jets time was in the hunt for a division title than they collapsed due to Favre.

Could he? Perhaps, but he is far more raw that it's hard to see him having that level of individual performance. I can see him having a Joe Flacco type season, doing just enough, but I still think it is too early from ruling Kellen Clemens out from not only winning the job, but perhaps doing well enough to hold Sanchez off this year.

Comment

with just 16 college starts, I think the Jets are best off sitting him for at least half the season, and if possible more.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

He has a good run game and a nice D to fall back on... but he doesn't have any receivers IMO.
        Some decent ones but what happens when teams start playing 8-9 guys in the box.
        Can those receivers step to the challenge? Will HE step up to the challenge?
        There's only so many times you can line up L. Washington wide
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Their O-line is awesome, and time in the pocket is the #1 ingredient for successful rookie QBing. He will excel and challenge for the Pro Bowl by means of playing in New York.

Comment

I like his game; It should translate at the next level. One thing that impresses me is this guys footwork. Throwing on the run he still throws an accurate pass. Heck I remember watching the Oregon state game were defenders were harassing him all over and he was throwing accurate passes off balance which is a +

Comment

He has a pretty solid team around him, but Keller is really his only good target on the roster right now. Cotchery is decent I guess, but he probably wouldn't hold up long as a team's #1. They need to find a veteran possesion WR through either trade or cuts for Sanchez to at least have a chance as a rookie.
              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                He has a pretty solid team around him, but Keller is really his only good target on the roster right now. Cotchery is decent I guess, but he probably wouldn't hold up long as a team's #1. They need to find a veteran possesion WR through either trade or cuts for Sanchez to at least have a chance as a rookie.
                Cotchery is underrated, I would swap Chambers for him with very little hesitation. But I admit that I really just would like to re-unite that ridiculous Wolfpack connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                  with just 16 college starts, I think the Jets are best off sitting him for at least half the season, and if possible more.
                  Sit him the whole year! and draft Damian Williams next year to get him a familiar target.
                  Last edited by The Legend; 04-30-2009, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend View Post
                    Sit him the whole year! and draft Damian Williams next year to get him a familiar target.
                    he's a rookie... sitting him a year would only help him. Hey best-case scenario Clements does well enough to keep the Jets competitive. They could trade clements next season for a decent pick and BAM the rich get richer.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                      They need to find a veteran possesion WR through either trade or cuts for Sanchez to at least have a chance as a rookie.

I just saw the Steelers signed Shaun McDonald. The Steelers have Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Limas Sweed and the newly drafted Mike Wallace of 60 minutes

The Jets have Jerricho Cotchery, Chansi Stuckey, Dave Clowney and Brad Smith and they've added no one at WR. :(

I don't think they've even signed any UDFA WR's.

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend View Post
                        Damian will never leave USC, we are keeping him forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                          I just saw the Steelers signed Shaun McDonald. The Steelers have Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Limas Sweed and the newly drafted Mike Wallace of 60 minutes

The Jets have Jerricho Cotchery, Chansi Stuckey, Dave Clowney and Brad Smith and they've added no one at WR. :(

I don't think they've even signed any UDFA WR's.
                          I hear Justin McCaerins is available. :D
                          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

Ryan just had one of the greatest rookie seasons of any QB ever. Lots of QB's have had good supporting casts as rookies. A very small percentage of them had as good a rookie season as Ryan. QB play isn't only about supporting cast. The QB has to, ya know, play QB well. Some fans will say that the way a QB plays is all about supporting cast and nothing to do with the QB himself, but they don't understand football so whateva. Matt Ryan entered the league after spending 5 years in college and starting for 3 years. He also had a Pro Bowl WR and RB. People just want to believe there will be another Ryan because last season is fresh on their minds. That doesn't mean it's going to start happening every year.

Comment

Mark Sanchez is the QB that has the greatest chance at busting at this point. He was a player that tape analysis indicated was a mid first round draft pick, his charisma made him a top 5 pick. New York doesn't have a lot of weapons at wide receiver, their running game relies upon a 30 year old hold out and Sanchez was the most inexperienced QB in the draft. Sanchez is going to need some time to adjust to the NFL, but he will be forced into the game earlier than he should.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information