LeGarrette Blount Suspended for the Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeGarrette Blount Suspended for the Season

As a Pac-10 fan, I'm a bit shocked at all the love Blount is getting in the early 2010 lists I'm seeing on here. I think the 2010 crop of Pac-10 runners is pretty overrated for the most part. Joe McKnight is a poor man's Reggie Bush and Jahvid Best is acutely undersized with serious durability issues. But no one is more overrated than LeGarrette Blount.

Putting the impressive stats aside, his game just doesn't translate to the NFL level. He's an upright runner with a high center of gravity and poor change of direction skills. I think he's total fool's gold and a 4th-7th round pick at best.

I don't think he's one of the top 5 pro RB prospects in the conference, let alone the country. Where is all the Blount hype coming from?

Yeah, I was pretty shocked when i saw him in an early 2010 mock going TOP 3. Chris Wells, Knowshon Moreno, Donald Brown are all much better runners than Blount and they were picked after 11. He's a good runner, but in no way top 3 and hell, I have him as a 3rd rounder right now. I don't get the love either.

Comment

cuz he's big.

Comment

I find it interesting. I wonder how many people here have seen more than maybe one or two Oregon games from last season. I think he's a really good RB but I wonder if he's overhyped on this forum thanks to some youtube videos.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

A lot of the high rankings are probably just from what people think he is capable of doing this season, much like how Michael Johnson and Fili Moala were the top 2 in most mocks before last season.

Just a guess...don't know much about Blount

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
          Originally posted by BaLLiN72
          i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
          Originally posted by Job
          NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

He's overhyped because he's 6'3 and everyone's looking for the next Brandon Jacobs which he definitely isn't.

Comment

6'3...stick him at WR.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                6'3...stick him at WR.
                He's like 240 isn't he....more like a TE...

Anyways, I'm high on Blount (pun intended), however that is from an introductory perspective only. I think I, as well as others, need to see more from him, especially in the open field, because he's proven to be great goal line runner and north south, but I haven't seen anything of him in space.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Triangle numbers, more or less. Plus is isn't like underclassmen seriously get broken down until they declare or they aren't underclassmen anymore.

Comment

I like Bount, but not as much as others it seems, I have 5 RBs who I like more than him who could be in next year's draft, and he is right in that 6-8 level of RBs IMO. He has a lot of potential and has good measurables, which is why he is so high right now.
                    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Blount is very overrated, to me the only first round prospect next year is jonathan dwyer

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
                      Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
                      I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
                      LOL props to Paul

Comment

Originally posted by BrabbitMcRabbit View Post
                        As a Pac-10 fan, I'm a bit shocked at all the love Blount is getting in the early 2010 lists I'm seeing on here. I think the 2010 crop of Pac-10 runners is pretty overrated for the most part. Joe McKnight is a poor man's Reggie Bush and Jahvid Best is acutely undersized with serious durability issues. But no one is more overrated than LeGarrette Blount.

Putting the impressive stats aside,
                        his game just doesn't translate to the NFL level. He's an upright runner with a high center of gravity and poor change of direction skills. I think he's total fool's gold and a 4th-7th round pick at best.

I don't think he's one of the top 5 pro RB prospects in the conference, let alone the country. Where is all the Blount hype coming from?
                        Well I guess if you forget about Tom Brady's stats, he's just an unathletic white guy.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

Originally posted by CroomDawgs View Post
                          Blount is very overrated, to me the only first round prospect next year is jonathan dwyer
                          What a beast, he looks like another Larry Johnson.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I'm high.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrabbitMcRabbit View Post
                              . Joe McKnight is a poor man's Reggie Bush
                              No, not really.
                              "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information