Schools to Watch Next Year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schools to Watch Next Year?

I'm gonna start trying to watch some tape of players next year, and I wanted to know what schools have a lot of top prospects that I should make a priority to record. I already have these eight:

1) Oklahoma
    2) Florida
    3) Ole Miss
    4) Georgia Tech
    5) Oklahoma State
    6) USC
    7) Texas
    8) Alabama

EDIT: I have since added these since I have started this thread.
    9) LSU
    10) Penn State
    11) Oregon
    12) Missouri
    13) Notre Dame
    14) Central Michigan
    15) Michigan
    16) South Florida

And wanted to know what schools I should add to the list. Thanks very much!
    Last edited by Preston; 05-03-2009, 09:27 PM.

LSU has a bunch of top prospects to keep an eye on, Penn State has a few as well, not as much as some of these. Ohio state is always churning out top prospects. Notre Dame has some O-linemen to watch, as well as Clausen and Tate. Don't forget Tennessee, if only for the pure awesomeness that is Eric Berry!
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Oregon and Missouri

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Southern Methodist University

Comment

TN and USC if you want to see some hardcore man-on-beast Safety action. Berry and Mays FTW.

Comment

Who would be the San Jose State this season?

A small school producing three or four draft prospects (Gilbert, Owens, Francies)

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

You already got my team (Florida)... they could have just as many 1st rounders as Oklahoma this year, if Haden, Dunlap, Cunningham, Spikes all stay on track (an unfortunately depart). Major Wright could sneak his way in there with stellar work in coverage, and you got to think some team will fall in love with Tebow for whatever reason and reach for him in the first (though I think he should go 2nd-3rd round).

Comment

Temple University.
                Temple University Owls

Comment

Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                  Who would be the San Jose State this season?

A small school producing three or four draft prospects (Gilbert, Owens, Francies)
                  MY school: Central Michigan University.

1. Dan LeFevour, QB bound to be Pre Season MAC Player of Year
                  2. Antonio Brown, WR/KR/PR fastest player in MAC, threat to take it the distance every time he touches the ball.
                  3. Bryan Anderson, WR 6ft 5 inch WR with superb hands, blocking, and concentration.

Possibly could get a sleeper o of d lineman in there too before we're all done.

Comment

Miami for 2011/2012.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

ITT: people name their favourite college team.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by ESimsfan87 View Post
                        MY school: Central Michigan University.

1. Dan LeFevour, QB bound to be Pre Season MAC Player of Year
                        2. Antonio Brown, WR/KR/PR fastest player in MAC, threat to take it the distance every time he touches the ball.
                        3. Bryan Anderson, WR 6ft 5 inch WR with superb hands, blocking, and concentration.

Possibly could get a sleeper o of d lineman in there too before we're all done.
                        Yeah, now that Shelton is gone :P
                        I'm not sure what ABrown's 40 is, but one of our freshmen running backs is up there; ran the fastest 100 meter in Pennsylvania.
                        Temple University Owls

Comment

South Florida should have a handful of prospects this year. Selvie is the big name, but they have a couple other guys who should be in the mix

Oklahoma State has a few big names in Okung, Bryant, and their QB is a guy on the rise

Illinois has a couple big time athletes starting with Arrelious Benn.

Clemson has CJ Spiller, Ricky Sapp, and a few others
                          Last edited by wonderbredd24; 05-03-2009, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                            You already got my team (Florida)... they could have just as many 1st rounders as Oklahoma this year, if Haden, Dunlap, Cunningham, Spikes all stay on track (an unfortunately depart). Major Wright could sneak his way in there with stellar work in coverage, and you got to think some team will fall in love with Tebow for whatever reason and reach for him in the first (though I think he should go 2nd-3rd round).
                            Major Wright WILL go to the Dallas Cowboys at 32 next year.....

Question is, are we trading up from a low 2nd rounder to get there? haha

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                              LSU has a bunch of top prospects to keep an eye on, Penn State has a few as well, not as much as some of these. Ohio state is always churning out top prospects. Notre Dame has some O-linemen to watch, as well as Clausen and Tate. Don't forget Tennessee, if only for the pure awesomeness that is Eric Berry!
                              I dont think Clausen will come out and Im pretty certain Tate wont come out either. For ND the 2011 draft class is interesting:
                              2010: Young (1-2) Olsen (3-4) and possibly McCarthey, McNeill, Duncan and Aldridge (if he transitions well to fullback) are basicly the only draftable players imo,
                              2011: Clausen(1st round by then) Tate(1-3) B. Smith(1-2) Allen, I.Williams, Stewart,Walls and Gary Gray all have enough potential to be first day picks.

As long as ND isnt hurt to much by players leaving early (which doesnt happen that much @ND) the big depth of talent is one year away. It will be nice to have more than one guy drafted though.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                              - Corner or Wideout in the first
                              - No reaching
                              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information