Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Successful Drafting Teams since 2005

Principles:
    1. Stockpile draft talent; pick smart, with an eye on the future.
    2. Make a big move only when necessary.
    3. Try to avoid having to rely on the draft for immediate help.
    4. Make a tough decision and cut losses when when necessary.
    5. Know when the team is too good to make use of all its draft picks and sell a few for future years.
    6. Stay ahead of problems.

Best Drafting Teams:
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Green Bay Packers
    New York Giants
    Baltimore Ravens
    New England Patriots

Almost There Teams:
    Atlanta Falcons
    Arizona Cardinals
    Miami Dolphins

This is all from this Pat Kirwan article: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...s&confirm=true

Pretty interesting stuff I thought some of you might be interested in.

As far as the first round is concerned, the Panthers have been damn good since and including the 2005 draft. Thomas Davis, DeAngelo Williams, Jon Beason, Jonathan Stewart, and Jeff Otah.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

This is what makes me happy to be a Steeler fan. We don't have the most money. We don't have the most attractive city (far from it,) but man, we draft well. And no one knows Kevin Colbert's name. We know Jerry Reese and Ozzie Newsome and Ted Thompson (and for damn good reason,) but Colbert flies under the radar.

Without good drafting, we would be pretty screwed, lol.

Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Go back before 2005 and the Falcons' drafts look like the who's who of the NFL wash-outs...lol

Comment

The Colts should be on that list too.

The Giants have been ballers since Reese took over in 2007. This past draft might have been his best draft yet. I was doing cartwheels on our first 5 picks.

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
            This is what makes me happy to be a Steeler fan. We don't have the most money. We don't have the most attractive city (far from it,) but man, we draft well. And no one knows Kevin Colbert's name. We know Jerry Reese and Ozzie Newsome and Ted Thompson (and for damn good reason,) but Colbert flies under the radar.

Without good drafting, we would be pretty screwed, lol.
            Extremely underrated GM. I love how the Steelers draft. A lot of guys I like get drafted by the Steelers.

Comment

Best drafting teams:
              1. Patriots - Pats are extorting the league. They keep trading down for extra picks and your dumb@zz GM's keep helping them out.
              2. Ravens - Ozzie Newsome is the best GM in the business IMO. He really is alot smarter than anybody else when it comes down to it. How is it that Ravens keep drafting Pro Bowler after Pro Bowler ? It's cuz they jump all over guys who slip and theyre only ones to realize their value.
              3. Steelers - 2 Head Coaches in ___ year span ? Thats stability. That means they know what theyre doing and stick to their formula. Draft hard nose FOOTBALL PLAYERS.

Honorable mention - Giants, Panthers, Eagles, Chargers, Cardinals as of late

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                The Colts should be on that list too.

The Giants have been ballers since Reese took over in 2007. This past draft might have been his best draft yet. I was doing cartwheels on our first 5 picks.
                Accorsi's 03, 04, and 05 drafts were money as well and really set up the team for where we are now.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Colts drafting has been overrated. They go for small, dome speed guys on defense. If they had bigger defense they woulda won more SuperBowls.

Comment

Originally posted by Manic Depressant View Post
                    Principles:
                    1. Stockpile draft talent; pick smart, with an eye on the future.
                    2. Make a big move only when necessary.
                    3. Try to avoid having to rely on the draft for immediate help.
                    4. Make a tough decision and cut losses when when necessary.
                    5. Know when the team is too good to make use of all its draft picks and sell a few for future years.
                    6. Stay ahead of problems.
                    7. Do not draft small school free agent safeties in the 2nd round.
                    Fixed. :D

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                      LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

this list is so stupid, why aren't the Lions on it?!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I think if you compare the five years since 2005 and the 5 years before it the Browns have had the best turn around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post

Comment

The Cardinals have had some great drafts the last few years. To me they should be on the "Best Drafting Teams" list.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information